The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hamas: If Gaza blockade isn't lifted, we'll renew fire Friday

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4556144,00.html

Nice work there. The blockade is in place as a result of the two hundred civilian deaths from terrorists bombs several years ago. You worsened it yourself.

What's funny is Egypt also had a blockade, why don't they go and threaten them, see how that goes.
Original post by Agapelove
MLK Jr. was fighting for equal rights. The people in Gaza want equal rights with the people of Israel, yes or no?

Of course not. They want the State of Israel to be dismantled and shipped off to wherever it came from...

The nonviolent protests in the USA concerning allowing people of the same gender to marry has resulted in some states allowing same sex marriage.

Now, if homosexuals had gone around using violence against those who do not believe in homosexual marriage, do you think some states would be allowing same sex marriage? I don't think so.

Could you give me some statistics please? (i.e: how many people marched etc)

Thanks to the Iron Dome.

Which doesn't change the fact that HAMAS rockets only kill 0.07722% of the time...

I live in the USA. Being hit by a rocket is not even a risk to me. Thankfully, the USA has nice neighbors (though the USA did fight with both neighbors early on in our history. Much of the US land by the way used to be a part of México.)

You mean below the bible belt, right?

Without Israeli security, there would be a much stronger chance for the rockets to hit and kill people in Israel.

But they don't.

Thought-provoking point.

What would you do if someone, whom you initially welcomed into your home, brought all of his friends over and told you to go and get your own house somewhere else? He then started micro-managing your life, placing restrictions and curfews and allowing you the bare minimum to survive.

How would you react?
Original post by Algorithm69
If Israel is committing genocide they are doing an incredibly poor job executing it. In three years, the Syrian Civil War has claimed 250,000 lives. In 48 years, the Israel - Palestine conflict has claimed 21,000.

Only a moron would describe Israel's actions as genocide.

Fabulous.

The reality is, the Jewish people have been persecuted for hundreds of years. Now that they have their own state it must be defended at all costs. If somebody fires a rocket from a property at Israel, Israel has the right to destroy the site the rocket came from, regardless of who is in it, as it is a threat to them. It's a very simply concept.

The Pro-Palestinian protests that were chanting 'Heil Hitler' and other racist slogans are disgusting cretins. You go Israel and Netanyahu, don't stop until all Hamas militants are neutralised. Finish the job. :israel:
Whilst Israel keeps a poor record of keeping to their ceasefire agreements, it's weird that Hamas wouldn't want to extend this ceasefire agreement given the immense death toll that Gaza has incurred.

Even amidst the abysmal conditions that Israel enforces , the sentiment to continue fighting until free are also shared by the Gazans.
http://www.latimes.com/world/middleeast/la-fg-kerry-netanyahu-gaza-20140723-story.html#page=1

“I think the fact that people, even in the midst of this terrible physical destruction, are still talking about the economy is testament to how devastating the closure has been for people living in Gaza”

“Of course I'm putting a lot of hope in the truce talks,” he said. “But if they don't lift the siege, I think we would prefer to stay at war.”

Israel and Egypt refuse to end the suffocating siege of Gaza: Gazans refuse to live on 'just' the brink of survival without a fight.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Agapelove

A mere mortal can call any group of people 'hypocrites'. Some people call Muslims 'hypocrites'. Muhammad can even be called a hypocrite, because while in one verse of the Qur'an it states that there is no compulsion in religion, in other verses in the Qur'an, fighting unbelievers is demanded. While Muhammad did not appreciate being expelled by the Meccans, he expelled other people groups once he had the power. Muhammad obviously did not obey Jesus' command to 'And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.' (Luke 6:31 KJV)

However, God is Judge. God looks at each person's heart and sees if that person truly loves Him and truly loves other people (Matthew 22:39). Yeshua/Jesus Christ, who will return as King someday, commands his followers to love their enemies (Matthew 5:44; Luke 6;27-37). Like Muhammad, sadly the Crusaders did not love their enemies, and as a result, thousands of people including Muslims, other Christians and Jewish people were killed. On Judgement Day, they will be held accountable. You and I will also be held accountable for our thoughts, words and actions.

You said you didn't understand why God allowed genocide before Christ and why God ordered burnt and sin offerings?

If the Kings of Israel of the past could do such violence, unjustifiable what is called today as "war crimes" - then I don't see any problem for a Prophet of God as a head of state to honestly expand the state through conquest. Muhammad (pbuh) carried out the best of justice - you don't see any contemporary enemies of his claiming injustice.

But you say that Jesus taught us "to love our enemies" - while on the other hand ancient Israel slaughtered their enemies under the order of the LORD. I believe that God is consistent in his Sunnah - in his Way. So I dismiss these man-made doctrines. The Koran seems more in line with the Torah (and the Tanach) than the man-written Gospels.

If you were a follower of Moses, with this man-made (Satanic) doctrines (that the lamb of God deleted all the laws of God) in your head, you would have committed apostasy. The same way you accuse Muhammad (pbuh) I too could accuse David and Solomon (for their God-given orders, not sins). But they had something in common. They didn't believe man-made doctrines - that radically changed how God works.

You have a deep and grave misunderstanding of the Koran. Do you even read from Islamic scholars - read the tafsirs - or talk to Muslims?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tsr1269

What would you do if someone, whom you initially welcomed into your home, brought all of his friends over and told you to go and get your own house somewhere else? He then started micro-managing your life, placing restrictions and curfews and allowing you the bare minimum to survive.

How would you react?

Sleep with them, duh
Reply 5126
Obviously the Hamas cheerleaders on this forum will not change their minds - but now that they have broken another ceasefire (started firing rockets before the 72hour period) and have rejected an extension of the ceasefire for talks - it's pretty obvious to everyone who the guilty party is.
The Empty Spaces in Gaza including a map, for all those pro Hamas nuts who keep on insisting Hamas is justified in firing from the middle of a city.
I have written a blog entry (not commercial, doesn't even have ads) on this topic in light of the IDF's Operation Protective Edge. I would appreciate if you read, considered and shared the entry:

http://warmingwaters2014.wordpress.com/children/
Original post by miavdbt
The Empty Spaces in Gaza including a map, for all those pro Hamas nuts who keep on insisting Hamas is justified in firing from the middle of a city.

So all settlements in Gaza have at least 10,000 people living in them?
Original post by Jammy Duel
So all settlements in Gaza have at least 10,000 people living in them?

Is that all you got from the source? I feel bad for you.
Original post by miavdbt
Is that all you got from the source? I feel bad for you.

Well, since it only considered population centers of 10,000 or more, how much of the population was omitted? How much area was omitted? Having actually looked at maps and looked at that source I would say at least 50%, and I'm inclined to say more like 70-80%.
Original post by Joinedup
um Yes, it's not even much of a secret because they issue press releases...

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0726/633213-gaza-israel/

doesn't anyone else wonder what hamas thinks it's got to gain by firing rockets into it's massively more mighty neighbor? could it be in anyway to provoke counter attacks upon it's human shielded rocket positions in an attempt to engage sympathy?

If you were getting beaten up in the playground with a guy who was much bigger than you, even if you had no chance if winning, wouldn't you still try to fight back a bit? I would. Asking Hamas to stop firing rockets back would be asking them to lie there and take whatever Israel did to them. It would be asking them to give up their right to self-defence. So of course they would want to fight back, even if they're not accomplishing anything, just to feel like they tried, In some way, to defend themselves against the great evil of the Zionist state of Israel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reddish
If you were getting beaten up in the playground with a guy who was much bigger than you, even if you had no chance if winning, wouldn't you still try to fight back a bit? I would. Asking Hamas to stop firing rockets back would be asking them to lie there and take whatever Israel did to them. It would be asking them to give up their right to self-defence. So of course they would want to fight back, even if they're not accomplishing anything, just to feel like they tried, In some way, to defend themselves against the great evil of the Zionist state of Israel.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lets just get the facts in the right order - throughout 2014 and before Hamas was firing rockets into Israel before Israel retaliated.
Those rockets have no chance of defeating Israel or somehow forcing it out of existence or tbh of changing the hearts and minds of Israelis so that they're going to ease border restrictions on Gaza or otherwise ease the plight of the Gazans - it's just provocation plain and simple.

to correct your analogy we'd have to note that the little kid has been following the big kid around kicking him for months, going out of his way to provoke the big kid to beat him up.
Original post by Joinedup
lets just get the facts in the right order - throughout 2014 and before Hamas was firing rockets into Israel before Israel retaliated.

It has not been proven that HAMAS were firing those rockets.

Those rockets have no chance of defeating Israel or somehow forcing it out of existence or tbh of changing the hearts and minds of Israelis so that they're going to ease border restrictions on Gaza or otherwise ease the plight of the Gazans - it's just provocation plain and simple.

So the Israeli's are stupid and foolish for responding to that provocation?

to correct your analogy we'd have to note that the little kid has been following the big kid around kicking him for months, going out of his way to provoke the big kid to beat him up.

What you have failed to mention is that big kid got his friends and terrorised that little kid by stealing his clothes and that is why he is going around kicking the big kid.
Original post by Reddish

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't see at all what is the obsession some people have with Palestine -- there are far more important world issues arnt there? world poverty, ebola spreading faster than ever recorded . and what about other conflicts and infact terrorism - I mean thousands of idiots marched about Palestine, but not one of those marched about over 6000 people killed in Iraq by Islamic militants -Islamic State. and th fact they are trying to commit genocide against iraq christians and ethnic native peoples because they arnt converting to islam
How about neither of them? I see both parties involved as holding blame for the conflict between them. All I care about are the innocent people who just want to live their lives getting caught up in this fighting. People outside of the conflict need to start thinking less about who is right and who is wrong and more about who is suffering.
Ah yes the left wingers

They apologised for the Bolsheviks
They apologised for Al Qaeda (and continue to do so, ISIS was all Blairs fault omg)
They apologised for the Nazis (it was all our fault!)
Now they apologise for Hamas.

What is it with the left supporting regimes that are aggressive, anti democracy and have no respect for human rights? I think it's all part of the victim complex.
(edited 9 years ago)
Casualties in Gaza, while the world watches.
Original post by WC2011
I don't see at all what is the obsession some people have with Palestine -- there are far more important world issues arnt there? world poverty, ebola spreading faster than ever recorded . and what about other conflicts and infact terrorism - I mean thousands of idiots marched about Palestine, but not one of those marched about over 6000 people killed in Iraq by Islamic militants -Islamic State. and th fact they are trying to commit genocide against iraq christians and ethnic native peoples because they arnt converting to islam

And this is relevant to the debate how? Not to mention that it's a pretty fallacious argument anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending