The Student Room Group

I am so guilt-ridden I am almost dying inside

So my best friend has this humongous crush on a perfect dream boy guy. This guy is her first ever crush and currently the only one. She dreams about him and harbours this one silly little hope– to go out with him one day. Except that there is just one little problem. He is going out with this junior and their relationship is a secret, told to just a few people. Including me. I so badly wanna tell this to my friend but I can't because this junior made me promise not to tell anybody. Especially my friend. I said I'll try my best but this is really killing me inside. Iknow i assured them I'll try my best but come on! My best friend trusts me and has been through a lot. How do I break her trust and cause her more pain? How can I keep giving her false hopes? I've told the junior to tell my friend but she is too scared. Besides her boyfriend warned her not to tell anybody. So she can't. And trusts me to do the same.

Whose trust do I break? Whom do I hurt?
I don't think my best friend will ever forgive me when she finds out about this.
Damn it. This is really killing me inside. I hate myself.
Well I would discuss it with the dream boy first before you do anything.

Yes awkward but it has to be done... Or you could say that he's apparently interested in another girl
Why doesn't her boyfriend want anyone to know? Seems weird to be honest- surely you should just be proud with who you're going out with, not keep it secret. Have you asked him why?

I think at the end of the day, I would tell your best friend; she's harbouring false hope and she's going to feel foolish if she's been pining over some guy she didn't know was taken.
Reply 3
"dream boy"
Just tell her. Your best friend is more important. She's going to find out sooner or later that you knew about this relationship so you might aswell tell her
Reply 5
And there was me thinking it was going to something really juicy.
Original post by VelvetFox
Why doesn't her boyfriend want anyone to know? Seems weird to be honest- surely you should just be proud with who you're going out with, not keep it secret. Have you asked him why?

I think at the end of the day, I would tell your best friend; she's harbouring false hope and she's going to feel foolish if she's been pining over some guy she didn't know was taken.

could be alot of reasons.

2 of my friends had to keep their boyfriends a secret because of racist parents.

One has strict Muslim parents and her boyfriend is white. She's kept it a secret from her parents for 4-5 years lol.

The other has white racist parents and her boyfriend is Asian.
Original post by ChickenMadness

2 of my friends had to keep their boyfriends a secret because of racist parents.

One has strict Muslim parents and her boyfriend is white. She's kept it a secret from her parents for 4-5 years lol.

Yes that's true- if any of these reasons are the case OP- tread very very carefully.
Yes that's true- if any of these reasons are the case OP- tread very very carefully.

ye both of them would have been kicked out of their house if their parents found out while they were still living at home.
Original post by Secretnerd123
Just tell her. Your best friend is more important. She's going to find out sooner or later that you knew about this relationship so you might aswell tell her

not really her place to go around blabbing people's secrets. Especially because the girl being upset about it would be a very immature and childish reaction. She should be either happy that he has a GF or indifferent.
(edited 9 years ago)
Im guessing the muslim girl is Asian..

Im guessing the muslim girl is Asian..

She's half turkish half taiwanese
This ain't no dream boy here. Folks move along...
Original post by bittr n swt
Well I would discuss it with the dream boy first before you do anything.

Yes awkward but it has to be done... Or you could say that he's apparently interested in another girl

I did. He told me to keep this to myself. He hasnt told his friends even

There's a slight age difference between the two with the boy being 18. So their parents might freak out. They're conservative after all, especially the boy's parents. Besides we're not even done with high school yet. And he hasnt even told his friends about his relationship. Especially his best friend who happens to be my distant relative.
She's half turkish half taiwanese

Interesting mix. I wonder if she came out looking east asian like most half east asian people :tongue:
Interesting mix. I wonder if she came out looking east asian like most half east asian people :tongue:

ye she did lol. she just looks chinese.
I'd probably tell my friend. It might not be the best decision but I guess it's what friends do. At least then it may burst her bubble and she could move on.
Original post by Anonymous
So my best friend has this humongous crush on a perfect dream boy guy. This guy is her first ever crush and currently the only one. She dreams about him and harbours this one silly little hope– to go out with him one day. Except that there is just one little problem. He is going out with this junior and their relationship is a secret, told to just a few people. Including me. I so badly wanna tell this to my friend but I can't because this junior made me promise not to tell anybody. Especially my friend. I said I'll try my best but this is really killing me inside. Iknow i assured them I'll try my best but come on! My best friend trusts me and has been through a lot. How do I break her trust and cause her more pain? How can I keep giving her false hopes? I've told the junior to tell my friend but she is too scared. Besides her boyfriend warned her not to tell anybody. So she can't. And trusts me to do the same.

Whose trust do I break? Whom do I hurt?
I don't think my best friend will ever forgive me when she finds out about this.
Damn it. This is really killing me inside. I hate myself.

why would she not forgive you, it's not like you are going out with him.

who cares what her bf warned her to do/not do, tell your best friend you think he is seeing someone but don't tell who he is seeing, don't tell her how you know just imply that it's something you not meant to know yourself. tell what you did to junoir

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending