The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Qari
that's what I did. And by doing that I have enough money for Mata.
not sure whether to get Lukaku or not :frown:

Personally I can't see Ramsey or Yaya replicating what they did last season because they are sitting midfielder so naturally, they should do worse than attacking midfielders (Ozil, Silva) but then again I was using that logic after 5ish GW's last year and look where that got me. I never had either of them in my team and I don't think I have ever made a worse mistake on fantasy football. Often sheer stubbornness gets in the way of a good pick so probably don't bother listening to me.
I have gone for Mata, Sterling and Eriksen but I will probably have to change it because it looks like half my defence is no longer nailed on (B.Davies, F.Luis, Cameron and Mariappa.) I need the funds to improve it so will probably have to drop Sterling.
Reply 821
Original post by Alex Doran
Personally I can't see Ramsey or Yaya replicating what they did last season because they are sitting midfielder so naturally, they should do worse than attacking midfielders (Ozil, Silva) but then again I was using that logic after 5ish GW's last year and look where that got me. I never had either of them in my team and I don't think I have ever made a worse mistake on fantasy football. Often sheer stubbornness gets in the way of a good pick so probably don't bother listening to me.
I have gone for Mata, Sterling and Eriksen but I will probably have to change it because it looks like half my defence is no longer nailed on (B.Davies, F.Luis, Cameron and Mariappa.) I need the funds to improve it so will probably have to drop Sterling.

Ramsey will attack I think. And I'm sure all those are starters aren't they defenders i mean?
Original post by khalidpatel
Who takes the penalties? Where has fabregas played during preseaon??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably Hazard but not too sure given that Drogba, Costa and Fabregas are in the team now. Fabregas has played as the CM mostly
Original post by Qari
Ramsey will attack I think. And I'm sure all those are starters aren't they defenders i mean?

F.Luis should mostly be but he might get rotated a bit. B.Davies also should be but apparently Rose has still been starting in pre season even after Davies signed. Cameron is in a straight fight with Bardsley who they just signed so could be in trouble and Mariappa has barely made it on the pitch yet and is an almost certain sub. It has been some new kid who isn't even on the game starting at fullback with Ward on the other side.
Reply 824
Original post by Alex Doran
F.Luis should mostly be but he might get rotated a bit. B.Davies also should be but apparently Rose has still been starting in pre season even after Davies signed. Cameron is in a straight fight with Bardsley who they just signed so could be in trouble and Mariappa has barely made it on the pitch yet and is an almost certain sub. It has been some new kid who isn't even on the game starting at fullback with Ward on the other side.

yh they just giving hima chance we'll see in 1st game.
Reply 825
Anyone else want to enter the Money league? Time running out. Already 6 people in it. Need confirmation, rather than people pissing about. £10 entry. PM if interested and ready to join.

Cheers
(edited 9 years ago)
Sanchez or Ramsey?

I haven't watched any Arsenal games at all so I just want to know who do you guys think will perform straight away, I have Ramsey in my team for now since he's much cheaper and it allowed me to get Dzeko into my team so now my forwards are Sturridge/Rooney/Dzeko.
Ok I'm new to this, did the Sun's dream team a few years back. Made my PL team and also made an ultimate 25 man team.

How do I join on the TSR one?
Reply 828
Original post by hayles101
Ok I'm new to this, did the Sun's dream team a few years back. Made my PL team and also made an ultimate 25 man team.

How do I join on the TSR one?

Assuming you've already registered on here: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Click on the leagues tab and the select join private league, and enter the code in the OP
Original post by DH1'
Assuming you've already registered on here: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Click on the leagues tab and the select join private league, and enter the code in the OP

Ok thanks I'm good to go!

Want to know my team name?.. It doesn't Mata :wink:
In

Team name: Manchester United

wow

much imagination
What kind of **** username is manchester united and a number put onto it anyway?

Have some originality ffs.
can't decide if i want sanchez or not.

i currently have him in, but he's ridiculously expensive.
will he score/assist enough goals to justify his price?

could do with advice on potential alternatives
could get a slightly cheaper midfielder (i.e: 9m) and use spare money to improve elsewhere

advice?
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
can't decide if i want sanchez or not.

i currently have him in, but he's ridiculously expensive.
will he score/assist enough goals to justify his price?

could do with advice on potential alternatives
could get a slightly cheaper midfielder (i.e: 9m) and use spare money to improve elsewhere

advice?

Arsenal midfield looks tricky - especially when walcott is back..

I mean walcott, ramsey, sanchez, ozil.. if they all start each week, then thats a lot of points split between 4 people who all have the potential to score well.

Going to be hard to choose.. though for me ramsey is the choice to begin with.

Wallcott injured, ozil is out for the first few games, and sanchez is to much of a risk at his price unless he plays as a forward..

may have to make a plan though for how to switch to sanchez, if he starts to take all the points.
Original post by fallen_acorns
Arsenal midfield looks tricky - especially when walcott is back..

I mean walcott, ramsey, sanchez, ozil.. if they all start each week, then thats a lot of points split between 4 people who all have the potential to score well.

Going to be hard to choose.. though for me ramsey is the choice to begin with.

Wallcott injured, ozil is out for the first few games, and sanchez is to much of a risk at his price unless he plays as a forward..

may have to make a plan though for how to switch to sanchez, if he starts to take all the points.

Cheers
I'll probably throw Ramsey in for the first week then

I see a great deal of people have Barkley?
Will he really replicate his form from last season?
I'm in.

50 Shades of O'Shea
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
Cheers
I'll probably throw Ramsey in for the first week then

I see a great deal of people have Barkley?
Will he really replicate his form from last season?

Barkley has a long way to go before becoming a good choice in fantasy football. His strengths are running past people and turning defence into attack, neither of which score any points. If he "replicates" 6 goals and 4 assists then that will be nowhere near enough to justify a 7m price tag. I know he will play a bit more this season but he just doesn't do enough things that actually score points to be worth it.
In

Team name
Expected Toulose
In both FPL and UFPL.

WIgaNNERS.
Any thoughts on the best 4.5m midfielder? I had Tiote but he seems to be definitely injured and apparently Albrighton limped off from a friendly so I don't know who to pick now. Any advice?

Quick Reply

Latest