The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Confirmation and Clearing at Royal Holloway

Clearing and Confirmation FAQs

A-level results are out today! Good luck everyone!

We will be emailing you with confirmation on your updated status throughout the day - please check all of your email addresses, junk and spam folders. You may also receive a text message asking you to check your emails.

Have you got any questions on Clearing and/or Confirmation? Please see below:

Confirmation FAQs

Clearing FAQs

In the meantime, if you can't find the answers on our FAQs, I'm here to help and have posted some FAQs below, and will keep adding to it.

I'll also be here tomorrow from 7am to help you if you need to get in touch with someone at Royal Holloway.

Best of luck to you all,

Emily
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi Emily,

I'm expecting to receive the results of my Access course in the post, some time in the next week. Should I email a scan of the transcript to the general admissions department?

Thanks,
Sam
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by Schadenfreude65
Hi Emily,

I'm expecting to receive the results of my Access course in the post, some time in the next week. Should I email a scan of the transcript to the general admissions department?

Thanks,
Sam

Hi Sam,

Yes please do! Please scan in and email your results to [email protected] and provide your Royal Holloway Student ID number. Ensure you receive their automated reply as receipt of you sending in your results.

Many thanks,

Emily
Thanks Emily. Will do.
Reply 4
Hi Emily,

I've sent my Access to Higher Education results to RHUL and I was just wondering if you know a rough estimate of how long the decision takes? No worries if not :-)

Thanks very much in advance,

Elisa
Original post by hellsyeah
Hi Emily,

I've sent my Access to Higher Education results to RHUL and I was just wondering if you know a rough estimate of how long the decision takes? No worries if not :-)

Thanks very much in advance,

Elisa

Hi Elisa,

Thanks a lot for sending in your results to us. If we have received all of the documents which we need from you, we expect to be able to let you know our decision on Thursday 14 August!

Best of luck,

Emily
Hi all,

I'll be adding to this FAQs as and when questions come in and the answers aren't answered on our website!

UPDATE: Clearing Vacancies

Clearing FAQs:

Clearing hotline (open from 7.00am on 14 August 2014): 01784 772455

Confirmation FAQs:

Royal Holloway's Status Checker:
Our status checker will be updated alongside UCAS Track. It is currently down, but will be live again approximately from 6.00-7.00am on Thursday 14 August.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi,

After an open day at RH I was told that it was a straightforward process to change my degree and so I initially applied to do English at RH as I had not decided what other subject I wanted to combine English with. Having decided upon Classical Studies, I emailed in with my request only to be told I would have to wait until clearing to apply for this specific combination.

RH is my firm choice and as I did an Access course I know I have met the conditions of my offer, however I am now worried that I will not be able to do the course I wanted.

I hope you can offer me some advice.

Many thanks,
Shereen
Reply 8
Hi Emily,

When does Royal Holloway let you know on results day if you have a place or not? Is it usually really early in the morning or does it differ each year?

Thanks!

Zoe
Reply 9
Will Royal Holloway publish their clearing places before Thursday?
Thanks!
Original post by wheelerc
Thanks!

They already have:

https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/studyhere/adjustmentandclearing/clearingandadjustment2014/limitedplacesfor2014entry.aspx

There may be more added after results day.
Original post by shereen_adams
Hi,

After an open day at RH I was told that it was a straightforward process to change my degree and so I initially applied to do English at RH as I had not decided what other subject I wanted to combine English with. Having decided upon Classical Studies, I emailed in with my request only to be told I would have to wait until clearing to apply for this specific combination.

RH is my firm choice and as I did an Access course I know I have met the conditions of my offer, however I am now worried that I will not be able to do the course I wanted.

I hope you can offer me some advice.

Many thanks,
Shereen

Hi Shereen,

It is true that the process for requesting to change your chosen programme of study is quite straightforward, but a successful outcome depends on whether or not there are vacancies in the new course you would like to apply to, and it is also under the discretion of the Admissions Tutors. It also depends on timing; with A-level results being released and places being officially confirmed and filled this Thursday, if our Admissions Office advised you that you will have to wait until clearing opens then this will be your best option.

Clearing has officially opened now, but English and Classical Studies is not one of our listed programmes currently available. We may have limited places available on other programmes the day of clearing (this Thursday) and you can phone in to inquire about this. Our Clearing Call Centre opens from 7.00am on Thursday 14 August and our hotline number will be 01784 772 455 (please note this phone number will not be active before this date).

Please also see one of our Confirmation FAQs that is directly relevant to your question for more information.

I hope that helps,

Emily
Original post by zoemayb
Hi Emily,

When does Royal Holloway let you know on results day if you have a place or not? Is it usually really early in the morning or does it differ each year?

Thanks!

Zoe

Hi Zoe,

We will let our applicants know the confirmation of their place with us early morning on 14 August.

Good luck!

Emily
Original post by wheelerc
Thanks!

Hi there,

Yes we have published the clearing places we currently have open on our website: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/studyhere/adjustmentandclearing/clearingandadjustment2014/limitedplacesfor2014entry.aspx

On the day of results and clearing, this may change. So please keep an eye out on our website and UCAS for any available programmes we may have through Clearing and Adjustment on 14 August.

Thanks,

Emily
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hi there,

Yes we have published the clearing places we currently have open on our website: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/studyhere/adjustmentandclearing/clearingandadjustment2014/limitedplacesfor2014entry.aspx

On the day of results and clearing, this may change. So please keep an eye out on our website and UCAS for any available programmes we may have through Clearing and Adjustment on 14 August.

Thanks,

Emily

Hi Emily,

So I'm guessing that doesn't include Psychology?

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by econcupcake
Hi Emily,

So I'm guessing that doesn't include Psychology?

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello,

Yes you're correct - currently Psychology is completely full (it is one of our most popular courses) and so is not in Clearing at Royal Holloway.

Thanks,

Emily
Reply 16
Hi Emily,

If a scenario comes about where you need to ring Royal Holloway about your offer or admission, what is then number you have to phone and will you need your Royal Holloway student ID at hand?
Original post by Jonthon
Hi Emily,

If a scenario comes about where you need to ring Royal Holloway about your offer or admission, what is then number you have to phone and will you need your Royal Holloway student ID at hand?

Hi there,

If you need to phone our Admissions Office to talk about your offer or general admissions enquiries, please phone +44 (0)1784 414944. It would indeed be handy to please have your Royal Holloway Student ID at hand.

If you would like to phone our Clearing hotline on Results day (this Thursday 14 August) then please phone 01784 772 455 (but please note this phone number will not be active before this date).

I hope that helps!

Emily
Hi Shereen

It is also worth contacting the Admisisons tutors In English and Classics and asking them about this.

From the Arts Faculty at Royal Holloway

Original post by shereen_adams
Hi,After an open day at RH I was told that it was a straightforward process to change my degree and so I initially applied to do English at RH as I had not decided what other subject I wanted to combine English with. Having decided upon Classical Studies, I emailed in with my request only to be told I would have to wait until clearing to apply for this specific combination. RH is my firm choice and as I did an Access course I know I have met the conditions of my offer, however I am now worried that I will not be able to do the course I wanted. I hope you can offer me some advice.Many thanks,Shereen
Original post by Arts Fac RHUL
Hi Shereen

It is also worth contacting the Admisisons tutors In English and Classics and asking them about this.

From the Arts Faculty at Royal Holloway

Thank you, I will do this tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending