The Student Room Group

Any CIE candidates here???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wilsoncw1997
Business and geography.

HOPE:A*A

Reality (hope not): A*B

Hey, you're predicting an A* in Business? Did you think the paper was easy or were you just well prepared?

Also, do you have any idea about where i could find the grade thresholds?
Original post by RedDevil014
Hey, you're predicting an A* in Business? Did you think the paper was easy or were you just well prepared?

Also, do you have any idea about where i could find the grade thresholds?

Very well prepared. If not an A*, it wont justify my work and time put on it.
Very well prepared. If not an A*, it wont justify my work and time put on it.

How much had you got in AS?
How much had you got in AS?

85% :cry2:
85% :cry2:

And you're still confident of an A*? I got 90% in AS and i doubt I'll even get an A.

Do you have any idea about how the A* grade works for CIE?
Ahhhhh less than 10 hours!? (Or not for me? :colonhash:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, so I did computing CIE and everything else edexcel so im not too familiar with CIE. Last year I got an on the dot B for computing and I didn't retake the papers and this year is there even the slightest chance I woud scrape an A. If I don't even make a B i was hoping I could retake but is it possible for me to just sit paper 3 and resubmit the same coursework? Basicaly just the A2 module again? Thanks and Good luck everyone! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
And you're still confident of an A*? I got 90% in AS and i doubt I'll even get an A.

90% average for AS and A2.
Wait so CIE stuff comes out tomorrow?:confused:
My school did IGCSE English with CIE but we weren't told that it had a separate results day so I'm confused it's my birthday tomorrow so yeah, kinda busy anyway
Original post by KaylaB
Wait so CIE stuff comes out tomorrow?:confused:
My school did IGCSE English with CIE but we weren't told that it had a separate results day so I'm confused it's my birthday tomorrow so yeah, kinda busy anyway

A lot of school which offers CIE and other exam boards combines results day because laziness :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
And happy birthday in 1.5 hours? :tsr:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
A lot of school which offers CIE and other exam boards combines results day because laziness :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay, that's better then, cheers!:wink:
Original post by yelyahwisqueen
Hey guys, so I did computing CIE and everything else edexcel so im not too familiar with CIE. Last year I got an on the dot B for computing and I didn't retake the papers and this year is there even the slightest chance I woud scrape an A. If I don't even make a B i was hoping I could retake but is it possible for me to just sit paper 3 and resubmit the same coursework? Basicaly just the A2 module again? Thanks and Good luck everyone! :smile:

CIE is NOT a modular board. This means if you want to re-take an A2 component, you have to retake the entire A2. However, they would choose your best entire A2 year as the final grade, BUT not a specific component.
Original post by yelyahwisqueen

I think there is a chance if your AS B is a high B and you have got A in A2 modules, because a student in our school got a B (high B) in AS and an A overall AS+A2.
Original post by sharvarivadeyar
Ooh you're not Pre-U by any chance are you?

I'll be doing Pre-U starting from September lol:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My school won't send me anything before like 9, 10 am. So still 8 hours of waiting:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Five more hours of waiting whee

Posted from TSR Mobile

you need above 80 at AS and above 90 at A2 to be able to get an A*. If your average comes out to above 90 after combining AS and A2, that's an A* :smile:

Original post by KaylaB
it's my birthday tomorrow so yeah, kinda busy anyway

happy birthday! :banana:

Original post by WinterWind
I'll be doing Pre-U starting from September lol:biggrin:

haha good luck! :biggrin:
Original post by sharvarivadeyar

haha good luck! :biggrin:

Thanks:biggrin: I was wondering when you received CIE IGCSE results, did you get the mark you've achieved or just an overall grade?:confused:
Gonna hang out with my friend when the result comes out:ahee:
I've already started refreshing my email even though I know the exam officer in my school is in her sleep now:excited:
(I hate time difference:colone:)
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest