The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Asklepios
The mark can go down as well as up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I suppose so, but you should be given your actual mark beforehand.

If you are one mark off a B for example then the SQA would of had to make big mistakes to overestimate you by 10 marks or something.
Original post by LiamYule
I suppose so, but you should be given your actual mark beforehand.

If you are one mark off a B for example then the SQA would of had to make big mistakes to overestimate you by 10 marks or something.

Yeah. There's only point in asking for a remark when you are close to the grade above

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Asklepios
Yeah. There's only point in asking for a remark when you are close to the grade above

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly, im relatively close to a B in physics (4 marks away!). I didn't satisfy my uni condition on account of four marks! Im not sure if its worth a re-mark 4 marks may be close but it's a lot of marks to find in a re-mark :L
I got a B in Geography and a C in Human Biology, they are both called external assessments but are not recognised as my grade. Does any one els have this problem?
Really annoyed. I got 2 As (Geog and Info system) and 3 Bs (histoy, maths and english). Just found out today that I got 71% in maths so only 1% off an A and I got 69% in history so 2% off an A. Still don't know my english as I got a low B but not been given my break down. Can't believe how close it was. So annoying that on your certificate it doesn't show your percentage to show how close you were from an A :frown: Got enough for primary school teaching and Psychology at most universities so just got to hope I get in with that
Reply 2445
What subjects is everyone taking for s6?
Original post by Con08

Advanced maths
Advanced chemistry
Advanced biology
Higher politics

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2447
Original post by SerLorasTyrell
Advanced maths
Advanced chemistry
Advanced biology
Higher politics

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow, seems like a lot of work! I'm not 100% yet but thinking of AH business, AH maths, H biology and H rmps/history.
Original post by Con08

Advanced higher physics
Advanced higher chemistry
Advanced higher maths
Advanced higher French.

Just a wee kick in the backside to keep the brain ticking. What do you want to ultimately study? (After school)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Con08

AH
Maths
Physics
Chemistry

Higher
Music

Original post by CaitlinDy
Advanced higher physics
Advanced higher maths
Advanced higher French.

Just a wee kick in the backside to keep the brain ticking. What do you want to ultimately study? (After school)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why would you even do that to yourself? :redface: Are you one of the medicine hopefuls?
Reply 2450
Advanced higher physics
Advanced higher maths
Advanced higher French.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not completely sure as of yet. Been flinging loads of ideas around my head. Right now I like the sound of studying economics. What about you?
Original post by Con08

I'm taking
AH Biology
AH Business
H Geography

Also doing work experience as part of the timetable :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Con08

AH History
AH English
H Modern Studies

Also going to try get a part time job in a Law firm (or experience failing that) for 3 afternoons a week since I'm free then!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Con08

AH Maths
AH Physics
H Graphic Comm
NC level 4 Computing: Games Design

Just wanted a more fun, relaxed year compared to S5, and I'm happy enough with my results to do so :smile:
Original post by greenladybird
AH
Maths
Physics
Chemistry

Higher
Music

Why would you even do that to yourself? :redface: Are you one of the medicine hopefuls?

Physics and chemistry are my thing, I'd collapse at the sight of an operation- I couldn't even last a day in a vet surgery

Posted from TSR Mobile
Physics and chemistry are my thing, I'd collapse at the sight of an operation- I couldn't even last a day in a vet surgery

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough haha.
What is it that you're planning to do after you leave school? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can I ask what grade on your instruments you are because if you are grade 5 or above honestly do adv music it is the exact same as higher only you have a few more minutes in your repertoire and compositions and an analytical commentary it seriously is not that different...think about it, please?
if you do not want to fair enough but it is near enough the same course
Original post by greenladybird
Fair enough haha.
What is it that you're planning to do after you leave school? :smile:

I hope physics and chemistry, specializing in possibly quantum physics or just physics and physical/ organic chemistry.

How about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LiamYule
You can find them online, just type in sqa grade boundaries 2014.

The way I see it you have nothing to lose by requesting a re-mark!

Ok thanks! Yeah I think that I might as well get a re-mark cause it might make a difference in the end.
Original post by Con08

Advanced maths
Advanced physics
Advanced chemistry
Advanced mechanics
Higher biology
Science baccalaureate

Goodbye social life :L

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending