Any preferred genre(s), or will general recommendations do? :smile:

Fighting/romance
And some popular Animes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Fighting/romance
And some popular Animes

Posted from TSR Mobile

In that case, I'd suggest any of the following, if you haven't already seen them:

Basilisk

Noragami

Vision of Escaflowne

Utawarerumono

Mushibugyou
I have caught up with SAO and so now i need a new anime series to watch

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you want a rec. just going off SAO then I'd say either Log Horizon or Accel World as they are both quite similar.

If you are looking for something consistent, interesting and realistic but slower paced (i..e. there is some kind of development and progression) then go with Log Horizon.

If you're looking for something a closer to SAO then go with Accel World.
Original post by Keoje
Picked up Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. Quite enjoy it. Magic. Shounen. Romance :love:

But this sister with a brother complex :puke:

Just a heads up; the MC in Mahouka is possibly the blandest character ever and remains that way, and the brother/sister thing won't stop. Which is a shame because there are so many good things about the anime when you subtract said MC and what is essentially his harem.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Llewellyn
If you want a rec. just going off SAO then I'd say either Log Horizon or Accel World as they are both quite similar.

If you are looking for something consistent, interesting and realistic but slower paced (i..e. there is some kind of development and progression) then go with Log Horizon.

If you're looking for something a closer to SAO then go with Accel World.

Just a heads up; the MC in Mahouka is possibly the blandest character ever and remains that way, and the brother/sister thing won't stop. Which is a shame because there are so many good things about the anime when you subtract said MC and what is essentially his harem.

Haru stopped me watching accel world halfway through tbf.
Not a fan of him.

Fighting/romance
And some popular Animes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Golden Time, Planetes(Not specifically a romance but god it's classic) and possibly White Album 1 + 2
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
x
It's great that you take the time to give out recs with links, but perhaps it would be easier to add some general recs to the OP to refer back to, or copy paste for people who ask for [genre]?
Original post by Iridann
Haru stopped me watching accel world halfway through tbf.
Not a fan of him.
Yeah I can totally understand that. The guy actually disgusts me.
Thanks for the reply - I've gotten so many recommendations for it that I think I'll have to look into it :tongue:

I don't know about this season, maybe I just started with the "wrong" shows.

Spoiler

So out of those, I like Akame and Rail Wars, although both aren't great. Then Nozaki-kun is absolutely amazing.
I've heard that (Sabageru/ Ao Haru Ride/ Aldnoah Zero/ Argevollen) are good - but none of these are really the genres I like. So perhaps this season just isn't for me :dontknow:

Will try Tokyo Ghoul and Barakamon as well as Zankyou no Terror. I'll probably set aside a few hours this evening to giving them a proper shot.

oooo I actually haven't watched half of the anime you listed (forgive me!) haha, such as SAO2 since my friend told me to avoid the first season... but Barakamon is also amazing, it had me splitting in half with laughter, it's a complete gold :biggrin: hope you enjoy watching them!
It's great that you take the time to give out recs with links, but perhaps it would be easier to add some general recs to the OP to refer back to, or copy paste for people who ask for [genre]?
Yeah I can totally understand that. The guy actually disgusts me.

We have a 'beginner's guide to anime' thread with a load of general recommendations sorted by genre - it's stickied at the top of the TV Shows subforum. :yes: But I've always preferred personalised recommendations, myself. :smile:
Original post by Code Carnivore
ohhh, but it's the best manga (in my opinion) to exist, but im not really surprised, being as its not particularly well-known and is a bit genre specific. BUT, just a 39 pages in, the greatest thing you'll ever see is there

KUMA????
Original post by Binary Freak
I just checked out Golden Time on Google, looks pretty good, I may end up delaying an anime for that!! :colone:

I got bored of Golden Time around episode 9. It isn't something I could power my way through in a day or two. I've put it on hold while I catch up on Ace of Diamond.
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
I got bored of Golden Time around episode 9. It isn't something I could power my way through in a day or two. I've put it on hold while I catch up on Ace of Diamond.

I'll definitely keep that in mind when I come to check it out, I may watch 1-3 episodes at once, and then see how it goes on from there.

I've heard from a few of my friends that Ace of Diamond is meant to be good.
Original post by Code Carnivore
ohhh, but it's the best manga (in my opinion) to exist, but im not really surprised, being as its not particularly well-known and is a bit genre specific. BUT, just a 39 pages in, the greatest thing you'll ever see is there

I'm aware of that character. :p: Sidonia no Kishi introduces its own bear character about as quickly, the manga-ka obviously likes them. And who wouldn't? :giggle:

I watched it on simulcast so it was a pretty long feels train ;_;

Sent from my HTC One (M8) Gold using tapatalk.
I'll definitely keep that in mind when I come to check it out, I may watch 1-3 episodes at once, and then see how it goes on from there.

I've heard from a few of my friends that Ace of Diamond is meant to be good.

It might just have been me, though.

Ace of Diamond is pretty good. :smile: it's not very girly or romantic though, if that's the stuff you're into.

Ace of Diamond is pretty good. :smile: it's not very girly or romantic though, if that's the stuff you're into.

Possibly, and I've meaning to look into other genres, but one more just pops up. When I find an interesting one, I feel obliged to watch it :rolleyes:

Out of interest, if you're into Shoujou and all that what was your opinion on WA2 if you watched it? Idk any RL friends that watched it. :|

Under the Dog just exceeded $100,000 - still a long way to go, but the best part of a month to get there. :biggrin:
Possibly, and I've meaning to look into other genres, but one more just pops up. When I find an interesting one, I feel obliged to watch it :rolleyes:

Ace of Diamond is quite long, though - it's 40-something episodes at present, and I believe it's run got extended through to March of next year? If you want to look at sports anime, I'd look at Free! and Haikyuu!! first. They're slightly more girly (Free! has a lot of... subtext) and Haikyuu!! at least to me, is a much stronger show.

Original post by Iridann
Out of interest, if you're into Shoujou and all that what was your opinion on WA2 if you watched it? Idk any RL friends that watched it. :|

I haven't seen it :frown: though I've heard of it.
Ace of Diamond is quite long, though - it's 40-something episodes at present, and I believe it's run got extended through to March of next year? If you want to look at sports anime, I'd look at Free! and Haikyuu!! first. They're slightly more girly (Free! has a lot of... subtext) and Haikyuu!! at least to me, is a much stronger show.

I haven't seen it :frown: though I've heard of it.

Ahh, just means I could spend longer watching. :bigsmile:

I have been watching Baby Steps, which is a little sporty :hmmmm:

Latest