The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Binary Freak
Ahh, just means I could spend longer watching. :bigsmile:

I have been watching Baby Steps, which is a little sporty :hmmmm:

I'm planning on watching that after I catch up on Ace of Diamond.
I had to put AoD on hold for a while (about three weeks) because I discovered Attack on Titan, and got caught up re-catching-up on Haikyuu, haha.

It's a good show, worth a watch. Gets a bit slow around episode 20, but it'll pick up again by 25.
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
I'm planning on watching that after I catch up on Ace of Diamond.
I had to put AoD on hold for a while (about three weeks) because I discovered Attack on Titan, and got caught up re-catching-up on Haikyuu, haha.

It's a good show, worth a watch. Gets a bit slow around episode 20, but it'll pick up again by 25.

I find Baby Steps worth the watch, but I'm probably going to put it on hold until a few more episodes are out.

If the sound on my laptop was still working then I'd probably take a look at episode 1 for Ace of Diamond. Getting the sound to work again requires restarting the laptop. :hmpf:
I find Baby Steps worth the watch, but I'm probably going to put it on hold until a few more episodes are out.

If the sound on my laptop was still working then I'd probably take a look at episode 1 for Ace of Diamond. Getting the sound to work again requires restarting the laptop. :hmpf:

That's fair enough. I don't mind waiting weekly for anime so long as I have stuff to fill the in between time, which I do for now. Free! comes out on Wednesdays and Haikyuu!! is Sundays, so I just watch those on those days and play catch up on other series in between.

Definitely checking out Baby Steps. I've heard lots of good things recently. And Kuroko's Basketball soon as well...
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
That's fair enough. I don't mind waiting weekly for anime so long as I have stuff to fill the in between time, which I do for now. Free! comes out on Wednesdays and Haikyuu!! is Sundays, so I just watch those on those days and play catch up on other series in between.

Definitely checking out Baby Steps. I've heard lots of good things recently. And Kuroko's Basketball soon as well...

The last 2 days I've been finding myself watching HxH in between releases since I have so many episodes I still need to watch.
The best thing about watching 18 ongoing series is, there's something new to look forward to every evening. :biggrin: Except Saturdays, I skipped all the shows that air then, but having a day off to catch up with the shows I've fallen behind on isn't a bad thing. :nah: And I'm currently filling in the gaps with episodes of You're Under Arrest! and RahXephon. :coma:
Original post by Keoje
Just curious with all these new people here since I've first joined...has anyone read Fap Note aka Onani Master Kurosawa? :mmm:

I heard it has a lot of Code Geass, and Deathnote references. :smile:

I found the description rather funny :toofunny:
I heard it has a lot of Code Geass, and Deathnote references. :smile:

I found the description rather funny :toofunny:

Yep :tongue:

I was just curious whether anyone has mustered up the courage to give it a go and read it to the end :colone:
Original post by Keoje
Yep :tongue:

I was just curious whether anyone has mustered up the courage to give it a go and read it to the end :colone:

I might, maybe one day have the courage to read the entire manga.

Have you read it until the end? :colone:
Alternating between Uta no Prince-sama & Is the Order a Rabbit? at the moment. Both are enjoyable and not particularly taxing which is all I want from anime at the minute. Then continuing to watch Sabagebu! as it's released which I still love and find hilarious. They haven't said how many episodes it's going to be though so I'm worried it will suddenly end soon.
I might, maybe one day have the courage to read the entire manga.

Have you read it until the end? :colone:

Yep a few years now. It was worth it I guess. I had time :biggrin:
Original post by Keoje
Yep a few years now. It was worth it I guess. I had time :biggrin:

I've just been looking into this manga, and I'm not entirely sure I have the courage yet.

I may very well suggest this to my friend, he reads anything :holmes:
Has anyone actually watched and kept up to date with Detective Conan? Just found the first 500 eps on my hard drive and I'm pretty sure it's on 700+ now :shock:

Whoever has is a beast :tongue:
Original post by Keoje
Just curious with all these new people here since I've first joined...has anyone read Fap Note aka Onani Master Kurosawa? :mmm:

I read up to vol 12 (I think) a while back. It's seriously funny, especially if you've read/seen Death Note, the melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or Code Geass.
Original post by Llewellyn
I read up to vol 12 (I think) a while back. It's seriously funny, especially if you've read/seen Death Note, the melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or Code Geass.

Yep I've read it. It's just most people think :lolwut: :wtf: but I read it to the end and it was worth :tongue:
anybody here like one peice? :biggrin:
Original post by Masumah125
anybody here like one peice? :biggrin:

Yep! I'm watching the anime, though I've not started the latest arc (Dressrosa) yet. I prefer marathoning whole arcs when they're finished, instead of watching it weekly. :yes:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Yep! I'm watching the anime, though I've not started the latest arc (Dressrosa) yet. I prefer marathoning whole arcs when they're finished, instead of watching it weekly. :yes:

how did you get into anime?

just curious:colondollar:
Original post by Masumah125
how did you get into anime?

just curious:colondollar:

It was my birthday just over nine years ago, and I had a fair bit of money as a result, but had no idea what to spend it on. Then I happened to see the manga section in Waterstones, and fell in love with the art for CLAMP's Chobits. I bought one volume there and then, before coming back the next day and getting two more (and two volumes of Love Hina, for some variation). Moving on to anime from there was a natural progression. :biggrin:

How about you? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
It was my birthday just over nine years ago, I had a fair bit of money as a result, but had no idea what to spend it on. Then I happened to see the manga section in Waterstones, and fell in love with the art for CLAMP's Chobits. I bought one volume there and then, before coming back the next day and getting two more (and two volumes of Love Hina, for some variation). Moving on to anime from there was a natural progression. :biggrin:

How about you? :smile:

i was brought up with anime. my older brother would make me watch it even though i couldn't understand japanese or be able to read the english subtitles. then my other brother started taking me to events like comic con. recently, i went to hyper japan in earls court although it wasn't all about anime. it was mostly about the japanese culture. i also got a manga portrait of me drawn.:colondollar: now i love the japanese culture!
(edited 9 years ago)
Am the only who was watching Dragon Ball Z from birth and since then my love for anime has grown, then starting with Naruto and just evolving from there. Now watched over 200 amines (if I can still remember em xD) and still going. My name says it all :colondollar::colondollar:

And I'm also the extreme type I cry and mourn for all my fav characters who have a sad demise :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest