The Student Room Group

Urban Dictionary: The Student Room

1. The Student Room: An online message board for students. Most users are smug preening tossers who think anything lower than an A* grade means you fail at life forever and will be doomed to work at McDonalds unless you do Physics, Maths or Chemistry. TSR also has an unhealthy obsession with Oxbridge, engaging in daily masturbation sessions to the Times Online League Tables and exiling anyone who doesn't get into a university within the top 5.

TSR users won't hesitate to use their signatures to remind you exactly of their A* grades, what their UCAS choices are along with some 'hilarious' lolcat picture that takes ages to scroll past. Politically, TSR users are extremely left wing, so if you dare say anything bad about immigration, multiculturalism, Islam, feminists, the EU, Marx or the Labour party, you will be torn to pieces, called any combination of the words 'scum', 'racist', 'sexist', 'fascist', 'bigot' or worst of all; 'Tory'. Yes, support the Tories and you might as well tattoo a Swastika on your arse and put "HEIL HITLER" as your sig. There is also a 'rep' system. If you aren't a raging left winger who bums Marx and hails multiculturalism as the Second Coming, prepare to get negged to hell and back. If you want rep, start arse-licking the members with high rep. These tend to be the biggest ***** of all, holding themselves in such high esteem that if their head were any further up their arse, they'd be ingesting stomach acid. Example of a discussion on The Student Room:

"I think the current economic situation wasn't only caused by the bankers, but Labour's overspending as well."

Reply: "OMMFMFFFG NO IT WAS THATCHER AND TORY SCUM LIKE U STEALIN FROM THE POOR NEG NEG NEG NEG NEG NEG"

Your current rep: -1000 (and that's if the bastards are feeling generous)

"Hey I got my results back. I got a B in English Literature, an A in Maths and a B in ICT."
Reply: "HAHAHAHA ABB YOU SUCK, YOU'RE DUMB, YOU WILL FAIL LIFE 4EVER. AND YOU DO ICT, LOL MICKEY MOUSE SUBJECT. I GOT A*A*A*. KNOW WHY? BECAUSE IM OXBRIDGE MATERIAL

2. A large student forum where you are treated as scum if your views aren't entirely left wing.

If you have negative views on homosexuality, immigration, animal rights, Islam or any other religion, or disagree with political correctness in any way, shape or form - Then you will be 'punished' with a thing called negative reputation, and once you have negative reputation, you will never be taken seriously again.

The people with enormous amounts of reputation are known as '*****'. These are the biggest idiots I've ever seen, and they hold the strongest left wing views. These people are the sort of people that get jobs as health and safety executives and ban christmas decorations because they pose a fire hazard. Or the sort of people that believe we should ban pigs and jews just in case they offend muslims.

3. A large British student forum that is 99% inhabited by geeks and nerds who spend the best part of their days talking about schools and universities whilst also pretending they're cool and get laid at parties every weekend (whilst having 300,000+ post counts), whilst also discussing how they did in their latest exams, as well as bitching about how they ONLY got an A on (insert GCSE here) or ONLY 598/600 marks in their AS level Physics exam and how they are demanding a remark for 600/600, because obviously it doesn't matter about the fact they have an A. MUST GET THAT REMARK.

For some reason, they're all obsessed with Oxbridge and the other top 5 universities, and don't seem to acknowledge that getting less than A* in your GCSE's or A's in your A-levels doesn't make you thick and doesn't doom you to ex-polytechnic universities (what's wrong with them anyway?)

Politically, the forum is very left-wing, so if you mention ANY negative point about immigration, islam, etc. prepare to be bashed to smitherines in the debate topics.
- Typical discussion on The Student Room -

Geek Girl: I got my GCSE's back today. I got 3 A*, 5 A's and 4 B's. I'm so happy. I'm doing four A levels.

Geek Boy: OMFG. HAHAHAHA. YOU FAILED YOUR GCSES AND YOU FAILED AT LIFE. YOU'LL NEVER GET INTO OXBRIDGE UNLIKE ME, I GOT 12 A* AND I'M DOING 6 A LEVELS .

Geek Girl 2: Just 12 A*?! I GOT 15 A*
YOU'RE BOTH THICK. I'M CLEARLY THE BEST OBBRIDGE CANDIDATE HERE

Do you agree/disagree with these definitions?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

This must've been written ages ago, because TSR isn't left wing now.

Although I agree with the top part :lol: So much academia snobbery on here.
this thread again
it is true
anything with references to neg rep is outdated

tbh i prefer the encyclopaedia dramatica entry (would link but it makes references to specific users and i would probably get b&)

Posted from TSR Mobile
This has been done before.

Use the search history, Jesus.
Reply 5
Original post by Marky Mark
This has been done before.

Use the search history, Jesus.

why would i bother searching?
Where is this neg rep you speak of?
You repeated so many of your points it got boring after a while. Ps negs aren't here anymore.
Reply 8
Original post by moonriver96
You repeated so many of your points it got boring after a while. Ps negs aren't here anymore.

you do realise i didnt make those definitions?
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
This must've been written ages ago, because TSR isn't left wing now.

Although I agree with the top part :lol: So much academia snobbery on here.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=40143

Seems to be slightly left wing still
Original post by Doob
you do realise i didnt make those definitions?

oh ok. Well, they are pretty much accurate tbh.
Original post by Doob
why would i bother searching?

If you had A*A*A* then you would have searched.

:facepalm2:
use the search function before making this thread, moron. This has been done numerous times
Reply 13
That was thoroughly entertaining. A very enjoyable read. I went straight to the source.
Original post by The Assassin
use the search function before making this thread, moron. This has been done numerous times

Very polite aren't you? :tongue: someone already told OP to search before posting.
Original post by QueenGeek
Very polite aren't you? :tongue: someone already told OP to search before posting.

Nothing wrong with repeating to make sure he gets the message. :smile:
Reply 16
I swear I've seen threads like this about 50 times
Original post by The Assassin
Nothing wrong with repeating to make sure he gets the message. :smile:

Well that is true, it's just my compassionate soul couldn't help but intervene to alleviate the pain he'll feel when everyone else bashes him. *shrugs cheekily*
Original post by QueenGeek
Well that is true, it's just my compassionate soul couldn't help but intervene to alleviate the pain he'll feel when everyone else bashes him. *shrugs cheekily*

lul... well aren't you a sweetheart :hugs:
(edited 9 years ago)
There's no neg rep anymore. And there's nothing wrong with people having high aspirations, but not everyone on tsr is like that.
Also to be fair it's called the student room.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending