The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mxcvii
Not Gaza you mean Hamas don't you. If you look at the stats since this war started a month ago only 66 Israelis have died, 63 which were Soldiers, the other 3 were Civilians. Its extremely hard to believe that Hamas has been firing rockets endlessly for a month and have only managed to kill 3 civilians, now that I think about it Israel does own a lot of the media.

What warning? Are you talking about the ones telling people to GTFO we're gonna bomb the place.

Yeah the ones where the Israeli army phones up people to tell them that they are about to hit their building and they should leave. That is very obviously not the action of an army that just wants to kill as many people as possible. So are you ignorant or lying?

And on the bit in bold:

Original post by n00
He called for the annihilation of any that resisted being imprisoned in a concentration camp, sure sounds like genocide to me.

I read his letter in the original and his plan is clear: set up camps for Gaza civilians, empty Gaza of the innocent, then remove all traces of Hamas and other terrorists, then encourage Palestinians to leave and those who refuse can go back to Gaza.

There is no genocide in that plan.
Reply 5202
Original post by UniOfLife
I read his letter in the original and his plan is clear: set up camps for Gaza civilians, empty Gaza of the innocent, then remove all traces of Hamas and other terrorists, then encourage Palestinians to leave and those who refuse can go back to Gaza.

There is no genocide in that plan.

So those that resist being imprisoned in a concentration simply cannot be innocent, must be terrorists and should be annihilated? Again sure sounds like genocide to me.
Original post by n00
So those that resist being imprisoned in a concentration simply cannot be innocent, must be terrorists and should be annihilated? Again sure sounds like genocide to me.

I agree with you that the plan is terrible and if it was ever executed would result in mass killings of innocent people which is why I bloody hope it is completely ignored and not touched with a bargepole. But that is because, as you say, it assumes that all innocents will gladly leave their homes which they almost certainly will not. This makes Feiglin naive at best, a moron at worst. But it does not change the fact that his plan does not envisage or include genocide as you claim.

You seem generally to be a reasonable person and if you are you will of course know that Israel has not now nor ever in the past committed anything like genocide. So why do you think that this word is used so often with regards to Israel?
Reply 5204
This makes Feiglin naive at best, a moron at worst. But it does not change the fact that his plan does not envisage or include genocide as you claim.

Only if you assume him to be naive which I think would be a mistake.
Original post by n00
Only if you assume him to be naive which I think would be a mistake.

Fair point. I guess we don't know for sure but we can all agree its a terrible, horrible "plan".
Reply 5206
FPA statement 'protests methods by Hamas against journalists in Gaza', cites Hamas attempts to create a 'blacklist' of reporters.

WASHINGTON - The Foreign Press Association (FPA) released a statement Monday condemning censorship by Hamas in the Gaza Strip in attempts to ensure that reports put the terrorist organization in positive light over the course of Operation Protective Edge.

Since foreign reporters exited the Gaza Strip during a lull in fighting, several reports have surfaced showing footage that they had been afraid to show while in Gaza, but the FPA's comments are the first such claims from an official organization.

"The FPA protests in the strongest terms the blatant, incessant, forceful and unorthodox methods employed by the Hamas authorities and their representatives against visiting international journalists in Gaza over the past month," read the statement.

According to members of the organization, which comprises of some 500 journalists from 32 different countries, Hamas pressured and threatened reporters, preventing them from giving viewers and readers an, "objective picture from the ground."
"In several cases, foreign reporters working in Gaza have been harassed, threatened or questioned over stories or information they have reported through their news media or by means of social media," said the FPA statement.

The organization also said in the statement that Hamas has been trying to, "put in place a 'vetting' procedure that would, in effect, allow for the blacklisting of specific journalists. Such a procedure is vehemently opposed by the FPA."

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4557775,00.html

Yeah the ones where the Israeli army phones up people to tell them that they are about to hit their building and they should leave. That is very obviously not the action of an army that just wants to kill as many people as possible. So are you ignorant or lying?

And on the bit in bold:

Nope it isn't, it's the action of an army that wants to destroy your house and leave you homeless. That's about right, don't ya think?
Reply 5208
I've taken the liberty of numbering your statements to respond to.

(1) It is absolutely not genocide. Either you know nothing about what is going on, nothing about genocide or you are deliberately lying. Which is it?

(2) Hamas are not the only group firing rockets from Gaza but we may as well lump them all together for all the difference it makes. Also on (2) Sheik Yassin founded Hamas in 1988 or so. Not created by Israel - I think you may need a tin foil hat.
(3) Either you do not watch TV, listen to the radio or read newspapers; or you're lying. Which is it?

(4) Again not true: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28715052 Are you ignorant or lying? Which is it?

(5) Not genocide and have you not noticed negotiations in Egypt are going on and have been going on for a while now?

In short, you are either ignorant or lying. Please tell us which is it. Thanks.
I understand that you want to be able to support Israel, however their actions need to be looked at in terms of their long term plans, and long before the Balfour Declaration of 1947 up until today. NOT the pieces of propaganda we are exposed to.
1. Genocide, ethnic cleansing whatever you want to call it is permitted and neccessary to fulfill the Israeli agenda for the 'complete state of 'israel'. From Israel's first PM Ben Gurions " it would be better to expel the Arabs" to enable a homogenous jewish state. Un Geneva's plans for the partition were only a short term plan. At this time there was 52,000 jews and 320,000 native Palestinians. Up until it's socio political motives of today.
2. Sheikh Yassin was funded and supported under the Israeli 'shin Bet plans' as a measure to counter the support for Fatah and weaken the PLO.
3. You should consider accessing 'Whole' stories independently obtained. However in the uk alone this is incredibly difficult.
4. Uk Media in any form is not independent nor gives balanced viewpoints "pinewood Shepperton ltd." owns the two production studios in Britain and the largest one in Europe". In charge is Michael Grade, nephew of Lewis Grade who also founded itv, former chief executive of C4 and previous director of Programmes at BBC. Is now the Executive Chairman of Pinewood Shepperton. Film and media production hasn't been independent since 1930s. Newspapers are also similarly owned by Murdoch, News international and the telegraph group.
5. israel has broken and vetoed 65 peace agreements and UN sanctions. Iraq broke 2 and we invaded,
(edited 9 years ago)

That's good to hear :biggrin: thanks for telling me
Original post by NORAD
I understand that you want to be able to support Israel, however their actions need to be looked at in terms of their long term plans, and long before the Balfour Declaration of 1947 up until today. NOT the pieces of propaganda we are exposed to.
1. Genocide, ethnic cleansing whatever you want to call it is permitted and neccessary to fulfill the Israeli agenda for the 'complete state of 'israel'. From Israel's first PM Ben Gurions " it would be better to expel the Arabs" to enable a homogenous jewish state. Un Geneva's plans for the partition were only a short term plan. At this time there was 52,000 jews and 320,000 native Palestinians. Up until it's socio political motives of today.
2. Sheikh Yassin was funded and supported under the Israeli 'shin Bet plans' as a measure to counter the support for Fatah and weaken the PLO.
3. You should consider accessing 'Whole' stories independently obtained. However in the uk alone this is incredibly difficult.
4. Uk Media in any form is not independent nor gives balanced viewpoints "pinewood Shepperton ltd." owns the two production studios in Britain and the largest one in Europe". In charge is Michael Grade, nephew of Lewis Grade who also founded itv, former chief executive of C4 and previous director of Programmes at BBC. Is now the Executive Chairman of Pinewood Shepperton. Film and media production hasn't been independent since 1930s. Newspapers are also similarly owned by Murdoch, News international and the telegraph group.
5. israel has broken and vetoed 65 peace agreements and UN sanctions. Iraq broke 2 and we invaded,

Some of this is unintelligible. Some is simply wrong. Some is nutjob conspiracies.

Out of interest, how old are you?
Reply 5211
Some of this is unintelligible. Some is simply wrong. Some is nutjob conspiracies.

Out of interest, how old are you?

its funny how anyone that opposes the mainstream media common 'narrative' they are called a conspiracy theorist, or me being a nut job! Where did you hear that term? ..... The TV? I think almost everything we are told needs to be viewed with an open mind, rationality, research the information. I have given to you some information yet you dismiss it by describing it as 'unintelligible', 'wrong' or a 'nut job'. Neither terms actually address the information I have referred you to. Maybe it's easier for you to choose to shield yourself from accessing the wider information where everything can be condensed to a small media sound bite! I understand that seeking the 'truth' and going against the normal sway carries the 'fear' of being margianalised as a conspiracy theorist.
so you suggest that all men in power are capable of telling the truth and not committing criminal activities?. ( small example here: the same Uk media told us for over 40 years that Jimmy Saville was a phillanthropist, yet what the BBC knew of his sick motivations and even covered up for him until it came out publicly )
As Abraham Lincoln said: "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by NORAD
its funny how anyone that opposes the mainstream media common 'narrative' they are called a conspiracy theorist, or me being a nut job! Where did you hear that term? ..... The TV? I think almost everything we are told needs to be viewed with an open mind, rationality, research the information. I have given to you some information yet you dismiss it by describing it as 'unintelligible', 'wrong' or a 'nut job'. Neither terms actually address the information I have referred you to. Maybe it's easier for you to choose to shield yourself from accessing the wider information where everything can be condensed to a small media sound bite! I understand that seeking the 'truth' and going against the normal sway carries the 'fear' of being margianalised as a conspiracy theorist.
so you suggest that all men in power are capable of telling the truth and not committing criminal activities?. ( small example here: the same Uk media told us for over 40 years that Jimmy Saville was a phillanthropist, yet what the BBC knew of his sick motivations and even covered up for him until it came out publicly )
As Abraham Lincoln said: "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."

Taking Lincoln's quote I think you are part of the "some of the people".
I've taken the liberty of numbering your statements to respond to.

(1) It is absolutely not genocide. Either you know nothing about what is going on, nothing about genocide or you are deliberately lying. Which is it?

(2) Hamas are not the only group firing rockets from Gaza but we may as well lump them all together for all the difference it makes. Also on (2) Sheik Yassin founded Hamas in 1988 or so. Not created by Israel - I think you may need a tin foil hat.

(3) Either you do not watch TV, listen to the radio or read newspapers; or you're lying. Which is it?

(4) Again not true: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28715052 Are you ignorant or lying? Which is it?

(5) Not genocide and have you not noticed negotiations in Egypt are going on and have been going on for a while now?

In short, you are either ignorant or lying. Please tell us which is it. Thanks.

Lets have a look at the statistics // most recent one i've found!
Death toll in Gaza - 1,915 ( 452 children)
Death toll in Israel - 67 including 3 civillians.

How can you not conclude from that, that this is nothing other than sheer genocide. With the food blockade, Israeli Defence Minister saying the people of Gaza are being put on a diet? Other comments such as "the Palestinian people will visit the holocaust". Did you even take the time to watch my counter-argument that I posted, or can you not bare to hear the facts of this cruel un-humanitarian conflict. Attacks are all deliberate, the coordinates giving SEVENTEEN times for a childrens hospital. What about the footage of the three children playing football on the beach and targeted? Israels drone technology is enough to clearly identify whether the age of a target and whether they are deemed a threat. Not to mention the footage of IDF soldiers pranking a hotel in Gaza saying it would be bombed and other footage laughing about killing Palestinians wile they were young. Are the Israeli people really in threat? The pictures of the Israeli people on the mountains with deck chairs watching the drones fire into the Gaza strip as means of entertainment wile the people of Gaza live in absolute fear would suggest otherwise. If it wasn't for the protecting hand (USA) then there would be sheer outcry. We all know why the USA are protecting Israel. What about BBC removing middle east correspondent Jeremy Bowen because he quite simply said he never seen any evidence of hamas using people as shields. Or would you claim that is a conspiracy theory

Are your referring the negotiations between Israel and Egypt... were Hamas were NOT EVEN CONSULTED?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TSR1995
Lets have a look at the statistics // most recent one i've found!
Death toll in Gaza - 1,915 ( 452 children)
Death toll in Israel - 67 including 3 civillians.

How can you not conclude from that, that this is nothing other than sheer genocide. With the food blockade, Israeli Defence Minister saying the people of Gaza are being put on a diet? Other comments such as "the Palestinian people will visit the holocaust". Did you even take the time to watch my counter-argument that I posted, or can you not bare to hear the facts of this cruel un-humanitarian conflict. Attacks are all deliberate, the coordinates giving SEVENTEEN times for a childrens hospital. What about the footage of the three children playing football on the beach and targeted? Israels drone technology is enough to clearly identify whether the age of a target and whether they are deemed a threat. Not to mention the footage of IDF soldiers pranking a hotel in Gaza saying it would be bombed and other footage laughing about killing Palestinians wile they were young. Are the Israeli people really in threat? The pictures of the Israeli people on the mountains with deck chairs watching the drones fire into the Gaza strip as means of entertainment wile the people of Gaza live in absolute fear would suggest otherwise. If it wasn't for the protecting hand (USA) then there would be sheer outcry. We all know why the USA are protecting Israel. What about BBC removing middle east correspondent Jeremy Bowen because he quite simply said he never seen any evidence of hamas using people as shields. Or would you claim that is a conspiracy theory

Are your referring the negotiations between Israel and Egypt... were Hamas were NOT EVEN CONSULTED?

Let's consider your statistics for a moment and try and determine whether they support the hypothesis that Israel is trying to kill children. Currently, the proportion of people in Gaza under the age of 14 is about 45%. The proportion of Gazans killed in recent fighting under the age of 14 is 16% (see http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/06/world/middleeast/civilian-or-not-new-fight-in-tallying-the-dead-from-the-gaza-conflict.html?_r=0). If Israel were randomly firing rockets you would expect that about 45% of the dead would be under the age of 14 but in fact it is a third of that. That implies that not only is Israel NOT targeting children but it is also taking care NOT to hit children.

Of course, you will ignore this in some way.

As for genocide. Genocide has a specific meaning that requires the alleged perpetrator to have killed a significant proportion of the population. The current population of Gaza is 1.8 million. 2,000 from that is about one tenth of one percent. Speaking from a statistical point of view that is insignificant. Therefore the term "genocide" absolutely does not apply.

Again, I assume you will ignore this in some way.
Let's consider your statistics for a moment and try and determine whether they support the hypothesis that Israel is trying to kill children. Currently, the proportion of people in Gaza under the age of 14 is about 45%. The proportion of Gazans killed in recent fighting under the age of 14 is 16% (see http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/06/world/middleeast/civilian-or-not-new-fight-in-tallying-the-dead-from-the-gaza-conflict.html?_r=0). If Israel were randomly firing rockets you would expect that about 45% of the dead would be under the age of 14 but in fact it is a third of that. That implies that not only is Israel NOT targeting children but it is also taking care NOT to hit children.

Of course, you will ignore this in some way.

As for genocide. Genocide has a specific meaning that requires the alleged perpetrator to have killed a significant proportion of the population. The current population of Gaza is 1.8 million. 2,000 from that is about one tenth of one percent. Speaking from a statistical point of view that is insignificant. Therefore the term "genocide" absolutely does not apply.

Again, I assume you will ignore this in some way.

These points your throwing against me are absolutely laughable. Do you reside in Israel may i ask? Where is this favouritism coming from? I have two Jewish friends from Seattle who actively attend the rallys in Washington. Forget about how many people have died in the recent conflicts, this is happening every two years. What about 2012, 2008?

Israeli attacks, whether it be on schools, children or innocent women and men are deliberate. That is fact. SEVENTEEN TIMES the coordinates were giving for an attack on a school. What about the actual footage from the drone of the children playing on the beach? Have you seen the footage of the child being held by his dad and the child being shot in the head by an Israeli sniper? Have you viewed all the footage thats emerged over the last 4-5 weeks?

Your pitiful my friend. Im not anti-Semitic, im not anti-Israeli, im pro human rights. What's happening in Gaza is complete slaughter and if you knew the intensity between the Palestinian/Israeli divide you would know exactly why its genocide. The truth of the matter is that Israel do not care to preserve Palestinian life and that can also be said for Hamas and other guerilla resistance groups in Gaza. You and I both know the Israeli people are not in any danger. A state army against a small factions using guerilla warfare? Any rockets they shot up are took down anyway. The vast majority of the world know who the real oppressed side are and thats why the world stands with Gaza.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TSR1995
These points your throwing against me are absolutely laughable. Do you reside in Israel may i ask? Where is this favouritism coming from? I have two Jewish friends from Seattle who actively attend the rallys in Washington. Forget about how many people have died in the recent conflicts, this is happening every two years. What about 2012, 2008?

Israeli attacks, whether it be on schools, children are deliberate. That is fact. SEVENTEEN TIMES the coordinates were giving for an attack on a school. What about the actual footage from the drone of the children playing on the beach? Have you seen the footage of the child being held by his dad and the child being shot in the head by an Israeli sniper? Have you viewed all the footage thats emerged over the last 4-5 weeks?

Your pitiful my friend. Im not anti-Semitic, im not anti-Israeli, im pro human rights. What's happening in Gaza is complete slaughter and if you knew the intensity between the Palestinian/Israeli divide you would know exactly why its genocide. The truth of the matter is that Israel do not care to preserve Palestinian life and that can also be said for Hamas and other guerilla resistance groups in Gaza. You and I both know the Israeli people are not in any danger. A state army against a small factions using guerilla warfare? Any rockets they shot up are took down anyway. The vast majority of the world know who the real oppressed side are and thats why the world still with Gaza.

Hey look. I was right. You ignored the facts as laid out in front of you. Do you disagree with them? Do you have a counter argument?

Who am I kidding? Of course you don't.
Hey look. I was right. You ignored the facts as laid out in front of you. Do you disagree with them? Do you have a counter argument?

Who am I kidding? Of course you don't.

Look its like your ignoring the facts and arguments im presenting because your so ashamed of the brutal truth and your retreating to an absolutely ridiculous argument which lacks any form of logic, proper relevance or depth.

Heres my counter arguments, but obviously you wouldn't give a bit of truth the time of the day. You've been annihilated a few times on this thread by others, give up. You clearly can't identify the difference between right and wrong.

Jon Snow // Channel 4 (re your argument on average age//population)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACgwr2Nj_GQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL9lYxKSZ9w
(edited 9 years ago)
UniOfLife obviously has no intention of backing down, he will continue to support those filthy soldiers no matter what they do and when you counter his argument he will counter back with something that wasn't related to your counter argument and then call you a lier.
Before he says they aren't filthy read this article that explains exactly how filthy they are: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/07/palestinians-return-home-israeli-troops-faeces-graffiti

Remember these are the houses of those "Civilian" that the Israelis care so much about.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hamas kills 160 children in building of terror tunnels

Disgusting. They have no respect for human life, particularly Palestinian life.

All this while Khaled Mashal luxuriates in mansions in Qatar, stuffing his face with delicacies and spending time with Western women.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending