The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

'H/t- the Jerusalem post.'

I wouldn't believe things so readily.
Original post by TolerantBeing
'H/t- the Jerusalem post.'

I wouldn't believe things so readily.

Unless you have evidence that contradicts it, then you're clearly just showing you don't want to believe it.

It is odd that you find it hard to believe your beloved Hamas would ever do something violent or exploitative. I mean, this is an organisation whose thugs ride through the streets on motorbikes, firing guns and dragging dead bodies behind

By the way, I linked to something from Tabletmag which linked to a thinktank study. What are your objections to the thinktank study? What is this Jpost thing you're talking about?

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TSR1995

Your pitiful my friend. Im not anti-Semitic, im not anti-Israeli

What are you talking about? UniOfLife raised the issue of whether this is genocide (which it clearly is not. 10,000 Palestinians in 50 years is no genocide, such a claim makes a mockery of actual genocides like Rwanda, or the Holocaust) and you go off into a speech about not being anti-semitic
Original post by TSR1995
Heres my counter arguments

That's not an argument, that's a link to a youtube video.

but obviously you wouldn't give a bit of truth the time of the
day. You've been annihilated a few times on this thread by others, give up.

If you're tired of this debate, then why don't you go away? Sheesh

You clearly can't identify the difference between right and wrong.

That should read as, "How dare you have a different opinion to me on this subject? If you don't believe as I do on this subject, you are a bad person".

Jon Snow // Channel 4 (re your argument on average age//population)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACgwr2Nj_GQ

Err, that doesn't even address the issue of the claims of the deaths being "indiscriminate" when the age distribution clearly shows that men aged 20-29 are by far the largest group being killed. If it were indiscriminate, then axiomatically children would be represented far more, where as children are actually the most under-represented group in Gaza deaths so far.

You haven't actually addressed what he said, and if you fail to we will know you have no answer.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MostUncivilised
You haven't actually addressed what he said, and if you fail to we will know you have no answer.

They haven't and they won't because they can't. It's simple.
Original post by UniOfLife

Indeed. Instead of giving counter-arguments, the tendency is just to shriek "Hasbara!". You can tell that they're worried they're losing the argument when they do that

Your point about the proportions of the "civilian" death toll was very relevant, as was the issue you raised of the laughable claim that this is a genocide (some genocide; 10,000 Palestinians in 50 years. And given that the way Palestinians are treated depends entirely on whether they live in Israel, where they have full civil rights, or in Gaza/WB, it axiomatically cannot be a genocide).

You haven't replied to me above, is it because you can't counter against it? Lol like someone said above, you've been crushed in arguments on this thread before and then you stop replying.

:lol: I'm honoured, they say imitation is the sincerest form flattery. Can't come up with anything of your own, so you literally just copy and paste what I say and say it back to me. Love it, truly.
What point have you made to counter against my argument?
Original post by mxcvii

What point have you made to counter against my argument?

You haven't made an argument, you simply called people filthy and posted a link.

Just a friendly tip, that's not an argument.
(edited 9 years ago)
You haven't made an argument, you simply called people filthy and posted a link.

Just a friendly tip, that's not an argument. You might struggle a bit academically if you think it is

Correction kid, I called them filthy and then posted a link to prove my answer.
Then your the one that ignored the link and called me a 12 year old for calling those soldiers filthy and pointing out how UniOfLife calls everyone a lier. If you want to argue then read that article and prove that they're not filthy.
(edited 9 years ago)
UK will suspend export licenses should Israel resume hostilities.
Digusting. I thought Islam was a religon of peace, yet they are always in war with something.

I will never support authoritarianism, religious or non-religious. Hamas is simply using Islam as a means to conquest and control. They're ignoring tenets of Islamic law wherever it benefits them. This is merely another means of control. 

Good luck to Israel , the whole world is with you!
Original post by mxcvii
You haven't replied to me above, is it because you can't counter against it? Lol like someone said above, you've been crushed in arguments on this thread before and then you stop replying.

Oh wow you got me. Now remind me where you addressed my points in this post: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2736435&page=108&p=49272487#post49272487
Oh wow you got me. Now remind me where you addressed my points in this post: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2736435&page=108&p=49272487#post49272487

Are you an idiot. You were debating with someone else there not me.

I don't see why he (the person you quoted) should have to respond to what is actually, the post of another user.

Perhaps you made a mistake?
Original post by Karthikaslk
Digusting. I thought Islam was a religon of peace, yet they are always in war with something.

I will never support authoritarianism, religious or non-religious. Hamas is simply using Islam as a means to conquest and control. They're ignoring tenets of Islamic law wherever it benefits them. This is merely another means of control. 

Good luck to Israel , the whole world is with you!

Funny. Replace Hamas with Zionism and Islam with Judaism and your 2nd paragraph is much more accurate.
That is absolutely disgusting, and I take it at face value, and believe it probably to be true.

I 100% believe that Hamas has been up to a lot of dirty tricks in the recent war and will continue to disregard human life.

I can not however on the one had denounce Hamas' massacring of civilians, without in the same breathe condemning the Israeli's massacring of civilians.

Both sides seem to extinguish lives very, very cheaply.

Hamas is not the cute little lamb that it would have you believe it is, but the fact that they are evil, does not somehow lessen the atrocities the Israelis have committed.

It's still the Palestinian citizens I feel most sorry for. People often say Hamas are not even democratically elected. So if you are a Palestinian citizen, you are killed by people that hate you, even though you are dictated to, and you are killed by people who you may not have even directly elected.
Original post by mxcvii
Are you an idiot. You were debating with someone else there not me.

Original post by tsr1269
I don't see why he (the person you quoted) should have to respond to what is actually, the post of another user.

Perhaps you made a mistake?

Yes I made a mistake.
Original post by broscience123
Funny. Replace Hamas with Zionism and Islam with Judaism and your 2nd paragraph is much more accurate.

That's exactly what I thought.
Unless you have evidence that contradicts it, then you're clearly just showing you don't want to believe it.

It is odd that you find it hard to believe your beloved Hamas would ever do something violent or exploitative. I mean, this is an organisation whose thugs ride through the streets on motorbikes, firing guns and dragging dead bodies behind

By the way, I linked to something from Tabletmag which linked to a thinktank study. What are your objections to the thinktank study? What is this Jpost thing you're talking about?

All I'm saying is the article gave a hat tip to the Jerusalem Post, so the source will obviously be biased. You can easily see that by the way it's written.
Original post by TolerantBeing
All I'm saying is the article gave a hat tip to the Jerusalem Post, so the source will obviously be biased. You can easily see that by the way it's written.

Actually it credits the Institute for Palestine Studies :lol: I think you're hallucinating. Where does it mention Jpost in the article? Quote it

You are confirming you have a psychological need to believe it's not true. Even propaganda outlets and biased sources often rely on things that are true but embarrassing to the other side

By dismissing it out of hand you are supporting the death of Palestinian children. You are turning a blind eye to their deaths for ideological reasons. Shame on you
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending