The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Being linked to manolas

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Being linked to manolas

Posted from TSR Mobile

he's not in olympiakos' squad for tomorrow either. was alright in the WC but haven't seen him other than that. i hope this doesn't mean no CM signing either.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
he's not in olympiakos' squad for tomorrow either. was alright in the WC but haven't seen him other than that. i hope this doesn't mean no CM signing either.

I've only seen him in the world cup too.

I doubt it would stop a CM signing as he would probably just be a replacement for vermaelan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3343
Howedes being thrown out lol
Original post by AR_95
Howedes being thrown out lol

What

Posted from TSR Mobile
Being linked to manolas

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, looks like Manolas would Kostas around £8m

:ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how good he is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3347

We've been linked with him for a bit now
Original post by AR_95
We've been linked with him for a bit now

Howedes would be quality but maybe too good to be backup especially considering he's 26

Although if he's willing to come...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3349
Howedes would be quality but maybe too good to be backup especially considering he's 26

Although if he's willing to come...

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's quite a versatile player I can see Wenger playing him in both CDM and backup CB if needed
Original post by AR_95
He's quite a versatile player I can see Wenger playing him in both CDM and backup CB if needed

I didn't know he could play cdm. Is he good there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really really hope wenger does not just by a defender who can play as CDM and think 'great, that position is covered' - then play arteta/flamini/new defender in rotation..

Just give ramsey a proper first team partner who is capable of the job.
Original post by sr90
What about the games in which Arsenal benefitted from questionable referring decisions in that run, I bet you weren't complaining then. Pires diving to win a penalty and admitting to it afterwards comes to mind. Or how about the Arsenal players being thugs in the 0-0 the previous season, lucky not to have had points deducted for that embarassing behaviour.

Rooney did dive to win a penalty, but this stonewall penalty was not given. Convenient how everyone forgets that:

Pires denies to this day that he ever dived...(obviously he did but whatever, it was the 40th minute or so, no guarantee we wouldn't have scored later on anyway). RvN should himself have been sent off in that game, loads of arsenal players got bans after that game you seem to have conveniently forgotten (also no one gets points deductions for unprofessional behaviour, otherwise Suarez would have stopped liverpool getting Europe).

Let's look at the incidents in that game (3 red cards united should have had: RvN, Ferdinand last man challenge, neville hatchet job on Reyes.

Match fixing at its finest.
Original post by fallen_acorns
Really really hope wenger does not just by a defender who can play as CDM and think 'great, that position is covered' - then play arteta/flamini/new defender in rotation..

We've done so well in the market this year and just need two more players. A quality DM and a decent CB. That's all really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fallen_acorns

I think Wenger is going to try to convert Chambers to CDM, as he has the pace and natural defensive ability to do the role as well, and it also opens up the CB role to the naturally sluggish Mertesacker. That way we can play a high line AND have Mertesacker sitting back without every counter attack ending in a goal against us. I would rather Wenger focuses on a CF than a CDM, as that is still a role we give to either Giroud or Sanogo. As far as we have had 3/4 games ending in a total massacre against us, we have had far too many games where we scrape a 1-0 or 2-1 victory. We need goals as much as need defence.
Reply 3355
Original post by qwerty_mad
We've done so well in the market this year and just need two more players. A quality DM and a decent CB. That's all really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely those two...and then for a full on triple/quadruple...or at least CL challenge, another winger for backup to TW.
Last year, without him, we hugely suffered.
We got Sanchez (awesome), but that's one wing...we need another winger...

that would be ideal...DM, CB, and a winger! (I think strikers we are sorted atm...so long as Campbell goes on to play as he has!)
did anyone see the League Cup last night, one match actually finished six all. I wonder what are the odds of predicting such a scoreline...
Reply 3357
Original post by moey3
Definitely those two...and then for a full on triple/quadruple...or at least CL challenge, another winger for backup to TW.
Last year, without him, we hugely suffered.
We got Sanchez (awesome), but that's one wing...we need another winger...

that would be ideal...DM, CB, and a winger! (I think strikers we are sorted atm...so long as Campbell goes on to play as he has!)

Are you cereal? We're so stacked in midfield it's not even funny. I'd rather go out and buy a striker then get another Winger.
Original post by shawn_o1
did anyone see the League Cup last night, one match actually finished six all. I wonder what are the odds of predicting such a scoreline...

Teams playing this early on are terrible and can't really defend.
Original post by qwerty_mad

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree, though I would throw in another striker if we really want to push forward.. Giroud/Sanogo are still worrying, and sanchez is great, but if he gets injured, I really dont want to be facing city/united/liverpool with giroud leading the line..

Latest