The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by CaitlinN15
Is anyone just literally counting down to 20th rather than 21st? That's when it's my birthday plus the release of most of the grade boundaries.. Don't know whether to laugh, cry, die, or be happy :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My friends birthdays on the 21st...lucky her eh?;L At least yours aint on the day!
I can't wait till both 20th and 21st because we will see the grade boundries on the 20th but more important the results on 21st . SO SCARED :s-smilie:
Reply 62
Is anyone just literally counting down to 20th rather than 21st? That's when it's my birthday plus the release of most of the grade boundaries.. Don't know whether to laugh, cry, die, or be happy :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

19th is mine :s at least we get a little celebration before...
Original post by ghlgb
19th is mine :s at least we get a little celebration before...

Yeah haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by omarzizo
I can't wait till both 20th and 21st because we will see the grade boundries on the 20th but more important the results on 21st . SO SCARED :s-smilie:

Same Haha hopefully the grade boundaries are on our side this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jakz007
My friends birthdays on the 21st...lucky her eh?;L At least yours aint on the day!

Yeah suppose so- when I went to collect results in year 9 I think it was on my birthday when I got my IGCSE English one and I had to ring up my school :frown: haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah suppose so- when I went to collect results in year 9 I think it was on my birthday when I got my IGCSE English one and I had to ring up my school :frown: haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

my birthday is 2 days after results day, and i'm hosting a get together with family and friends. But, i hope i'm in the mood to celebrate!! lool
Reply 67
Original post by Fishhy34
I'm feeling like this it's so nerve racking trying to reminisce whether the exam went well or horrible :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, and its so hard because i'm in top set classes so i always feel like i've failed if i get less than perfect..! :frown:
Original post by GrandMasti
my birthday is 2 days after results day, and i'm hosting a get together with family and friends. But, i hope i'm in the mood to celebrate!! lool

Ahaha I'm having a birthday gathering thingy too on 23rd! Ahah in hopefully celebration of results and my birthday ahhh. My birthday is on 20th so.hopefully ill have a nice day instead of crying at grade boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile
A few of teachers have told me that this years GB will be a little lower due to the change from modular to linear, even though most my courses are linear! In the area I live in, in South Wales most schools do linear maths and core science and then some do additional in YR11, unfortunately I have to!! So what do you all think, do you think they will be lower due to this and that generally, the difficulty of the exam went up quite a bit?
Reply 71
when does the mark schemes and the papers come out ?
Original post by mark000

The GB are released the day before results unless it's WJEC which makes it hard to find them or very confusing with only raw marks and no grade, I suppose that the mark schemes are released after results
Reply 73
Original post by lewishowell
The GB are released the day before results unless it's WJEC which makes it hard to find them or very confusing with only raw marks and no grade, I suppose that the mark schemes are released after results

k thanks
Reply 74
This is all very interesting! I did my GCSE's 21 years ago and we were far less savvy than today's Year 11s. Obviously there was no internet and we didn't even think about grade boundaries; we just went down to the school on results day and copied our grades off a big noticeboard. I took AQA GCSE Psychology this year, and I think I'm more nervous/excited about it than I was all those years back. Good luck everyone, try not to stress about it too much!
Reply 75
Original post by mark000

The papers and mark schemes are not published on the board's yet - they are only published 9 months after they were sat. Before then they are available to schools and centers. As regards grade boundaries, I was originally under the assumption that they would be released on the 20th August (the day before results day) as this happened in March of this year when I received my Edexcel IGCSE Maths result which I took early in January. They were also released early when my brother was waiting for his GCSE results, three years ago and they the A-Level Grade Boundaries were released today (a day before the results). However, I contacted the boards and AQA said that they will release them on results day, Edexcel say the day after and OCR say the day before.
Original post by sombm
The papers and mark schemes are not published on the board's yet - they are only published 9 months after they were sat. Before then they are available to schools and centers. As regards grade boundaries, I was originally under the assumption that they would be released on the 20th August (the day before results day) as this happened in March of this year when I received my Edexcel IGCSE Maths result which I took early in January. They were also released early when my brother was waiting for his GCSE results, three years ago and they the A-Level Grade Boundaries were released today (a day before the results). However, I contacted the boards and AQA said that they will release them on results day, Edexcel say the day after and OCR say the day before.

Why do AQA insist on releasing them on the day?
Reply 77
Original post by PointDexter
Why do AQA insist on releasing them on the day?

Dunno
Original post by sombm

10/13 subjects I took were with AQA -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sombm

I've sat a few exams with AQA and Edexcel last year, they were released on the 20th - Like every other year...

Latest