The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath Clearing and Adjustment 2014

We have created this thread for those who are interested in applying to study at Bath via Clearing or Adjustment (there is a Bath Confirmation thread for those who have already applied to Bath and have queries relating to the confirmation of their place- if you have applied and met the conditions of your offer, your place will be confirmed via UCAS and there is no need to contact us).

The University has a limited number of spaces available via Clearing and Adjustment- you can find full details by visiting our Clearing and Adjustment webpage.

If you are interested in applying for a programme via Clearing or Adjustment, please check that you meet the minimum entry requirements for the programme as published in our E-prospectus. If you do meet these entry requirements please call us on 01225 430202. Our call centre will be open during these times:

Thursday 15 August 08:00-17:00
Friday 16 August 08:00-17:00
Monday 17 August 09:00-16:00

A member of our Admissions team and two current undergraduate students will be checking this thread throughout the Confirmation and Clearing period, so please feel free to post any questions about Clearing and Adjustment at Bath.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by bluenight
If a student has one bad result (D grade) and wishes to apply to uni via clearing, will the uni reject that student?

Hi bluenight,

I have moved your question into our 2014 Clearing/Adjustment thread in case others have a similar question.

Where we have vacancies available via Clearing/Adjustment at Bath we will still be looking for the same grades as our standard entry requirements, which can be found within our e-prospectus (note that this may not be the case at other institutions).

You can find details of available vacancies on our Clearing and Adjustment webpage (which we will continue to update throughout the Confirmation and Clearing period).

I hope this answers your query.

Steve
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by Mistiene
Hi Steve,

I have a question about availability of adjustment on UCAS. I applied for your Psychology undergraduate course 2014/15, unfortunately I was unsuccessful due to my current grades not being submitted by my tutor in the time period requested, as they were absent due to illness at the time. Since then I have achieved my Access to HE Diploma in Humanities & Social Sciences at City and Islington College.

I currently hold an unconditional firm offer from the University of Southampton on my UCAS account. They had requested I achieve 60 credits overall; with 30 credits at Distinction and 15 at Merit or above. My actual results obtained were 60 credits overall; with 45 credits at Distinction and 12 at Merit. I also achieved an additional 3 credits at Level 3 outside of the 60 credit diploma.

In regards to my English and Math's GCSE's, I currently hold a B in English Language, B in English Literature and a C in Maths. I would like to point out however that I am a mature student, so these qualifications were taken some time ago. I had raised this concern with my tutor during the Access to HE course, so under his recommendation I did a [6 credits] extended project called 'Sociological Research' that required Level 3 Maths skills to pass. I achieved a Distinction grade for that unit.

I am very interested to find out if your university is accepting prospective students via UCAS adjustment this year and whether the grades I have obtained would bolster my application? On your website it states that a typical offer for undergraduate Psychology is 39 credits at Distinction, 6 credits in a Level 3 Maths unit or an A in GCSE Maths.

Kind regards,
Jade Flynn.

Hi Jade,

Thanks for your question, and congratulations on gaining a place at Southampton.

Where we have vacancies available via Clearing/Adjustment at Bath we will still be looking for applicants to meet our standard entry requirements, as outlined in our e-prospectus.

I am afraid that we would be unable to consider your Sociological Research module as sufficient for meeting the Maths element of our offer- for Access students we can consider an A in GCSE Maths or 6 credits from Level 3 Maths units at Pass or Higher.

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.

Steve
Reply 3
Hi, I was wondering if Bath are going to release their clearing vacancies today or are they waiting for tomorrow, especially in economics?

Many thanks
Original post by bambi_353
Hi, I was wondering if Bath are going to release their clearing vacancies today or are they waiting for tomorrow, especially in economics?

Many thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your question.

We are already publishing a Clearing/Adjustment vacancy list on our Results webpage.

We will be continuing to update this throughout the Confirmation and Clearing period, so I would suggest checking back first thing tomorrow.

Thanks,

Steve
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi,

We are already publishing a Clearing/Adjustment vacancy list on our Results webpage.

We will be continuing to update this throughout the Confirmation and Clearing period, so I would suggest checking back first thing tomorrow.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi, I just looked on the link and it says mainly language courses are available, is there are particular reason for that? :smile: or have they not all been updated yet?
Reply 6
Hi Steve,

Thank-you for your reply. I also sat a GCSE Maths higher tier paper this June at my college, for which I am awaiting my grade as I wished to improve upon my previous C. Will the university consider my application if I highlight I am awaiting my new GCSE grade? Also, is there any particular reason the university will not consider my Sociological Research unit as an example of Level 3 Maths skills?

Kind regards,
Jade.
Original post by danielle23
Hi, I just looked on the link and it says mainly language courses are available, is there are particular reason for that? :smile: or have they not all been updated yet?

Hi danielle,

I am afraid that we only have vacancies where spaces remain on courses once all offer holders who have met their offer conditions have been admitted.

Thanks,

Steve
Original post by Mistiene
Hi Steve,

Thank-you for your reply. I also sat a GCSE Maths higher tier paper this June at my college, for which I am awaiting my grade as I wished to improve upon my previous C. Will the university consider my application if I highlight I am awaiting my new GCSE grade? Also, is there any particular reason the university will not consider my Sociological Research unit as an example of Level 3 Maths skills?

Kind regards,
Jade.

Hi Jade,

I'm really sorry but I am afraid we have no vacancies via Clearing or Adjustment for Psychology.

You can see where we do have vacancies available by visiting our Results 2014 webpage, but I am afraid that we do have limited vacnacies.

Thanks,

Steve
Original post by University Of Bath
We have created this thread for those who are interested in applying to study at Bath via Clearing or Adjustment (there is a Bath Confirmation thread for those who have already applied to Bath and have queries relating to the confirmation of their place- if you have applied and met the conditions of your offer, your place will be confirmed via UCAS and there is no need to contact us).

The University has a limited number of spaces available via Clearing and Adjustment- you can find full details by visiting our Clearing and Adjustment webpage.

If you are interested in applying for a programme via Clearing or Adjustment, please check that you meet the minimum entry requirements for the programme as published in our E-prospectus. If you do meet these entry requirements please call us on 01225 430202. Our call centre will be open during these times:

Thursday 15 August 08:00-17:00
Friday 16 August 08:00-17:00
Monday 17 August 09:00-16:00

A member of our Admissions team and two current undergraduate students will be checking this thread throughout the Confirmation and Clearing period, so please feel free to post any questions about Clearing and Adjustment at Bath.

Is Straight Economics full for Adjustment?
Original post by cathrg26
Is Straight Economics full for Adjustment?

Hi cathrg26,

Congratulations on your results!

I'm afraid Economics is now full. Good Luck with your Adjustment!

Mary :smile:
When does clearing for 2015 open? Is Bath releasing any earlier this year like other universities have?

Quick Reply

Latest