The Student Room Group

2015 Consulting graduate applications

Scroll to see replies

Had an email from Deloitte on Tuesday saying that they were looking at my application and online tests together to decide if I will go any further and I would hear in three working days. Anyone else had this and not heard back?
Original post by Consultingstude
Had an email from Deloitte on Tuesday saying that they were looking at my application and online tests together to decide if I will go any further and I would hear in three working days. Anyone else had this and not heard back?

Yep me :/ they should've got back today as it's been three working days. But basically I think it means we are through to interview otherwise we would've been rejected by now
I've just taken the ipat test so much harder than I remember from another year- how long does it take to find out if you've failed or not?
Original post by lintong
i have one on the 5th Sep with PI team! They called me twice -_-

Original post by Bushy123
Sent mine off to EY and Del today.

Original post by ramadi88
Fist interview at EY London office for the Sept 2015 advisory programme! Anybody else interviewing on the 15th of August?

Hey guys (and gals), just wanted to ask a couple of questions about the EY programe:

1) What did the application for the EY programme consist of? Was it long answer competency questions? Or bullet point answers like Deloitte? Just looking to get an idea of what the questions are and the kinds of answers they're looking for.

2) How did you guys prepare for the strengths assessment test? Just standard situational judgement practise?

3) Finally, for the psychometric tests, was it all three types of tests that you had to complete (i.e. numerical, verbal and diagrammatic reasoning)?

Thanks!
Does anyone know which firms apart from EY, Deloitte, Accenture and IBM have opened their advisory/consultancy grad progs? Or a website that has all the opening dates? It seems like majority are opening 1st of Sept or have i got that wrong?

Thanks!
Hi, I'm very interested in pursuing a career in investment banking but the university that I will end up going to is Westminster can anyone tell me if I will still be able to have a career in investment banking if I don't go to the top universities
Original post by Yunus Shaikh
Hi, I'm very interested in pursuing a career in investment banking but the university that I will end up going to is Westminster can anyone tell me if I will still be able to have a career in investment banking if I don't go to the top universities

Wrong thread friend. Ask your question here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=630301
Reply 47
Original post by D12345678
Does anyone know which firms apart from EY, Deloitte, Accenture and IBM have opened their advisory/consultancy grad progs? Or a website that has all the opening dates? It seems like majority are opening 1st of Sept or have i got that wrong?

Thanks!

What is the IBM consulting scheme people are mentioning specifically? Is it the business consulting role people are going for?

I got an offer on that two years back, but in reality the actual roles differ from the broad "business consultant" advertised. Seemed to essentially be the client facing side of tech consulting (think the title was "applications consultant" for the one I was offered). If it's that scheme people are applying for, they need to be aware that it's basically luck of the draw what you end up getting matched to - vast majority aren't management consulting like you might get at the other three listed. Of course that may be absolutely fine as it's a good scheme, but I get the impression people might be applying without fully knowing what it is.
Original post by M1011
What is the IBM consulting scheme people are mentioning specifically? Is it the business consulting role people are going for?

I got an offer on that two years back, but in reality the actual roles differ from the broad "business consultant" advertised. Seemed to essentially be the client facing side of tech consulting (think the title was "applications consultant" for the one I was offered). If it's that scheme people are applying for, they need to be aware that it's basically luck of the draw what you end up getting matched to - vast majority aren't management consulting like you might get at the other three listed. Of course that may be absolutely fine as it's a good scheme, but I get the impression people might be applying without fully knowing what it is.

I don't know about other people but im going for financial management. I presume its business or tech as well people are talkng about.

If you apply for a certain management or business one, why wouldnt you be placed into that role? Or have I misinterpreted what you are trying to say?
I just did the practise numerical reasoning test on Deloitte's site and scored a 15/21. Do you guys think I'm ready to submit my application and do the real thing or should I keep practising?
Reply 50
Original post by Consultingstude

Hi, yes I also got this email on Wednesday but not heard anything back yet!
Reply 51
Original post by D12345678
I don't know about other people but im going for financial management. I presume its business or tech as well people are talkng about.

If you apply for a certain management or business one, why wouldnt you be placed into that role? Or have I misinterpreted what you are trying to say?

OK that's a bit different I imagine. Is that like implementing accounting systems?

There isn't a "business consultant" role as such, it's just a generic name given to the scheme. The actual roles differ widely.
Hey everyone how did you find the KPMG Numerical?

I found it really tricky compared to most other numerical I've done. Its out of 24 and i only managed 18 in the time limit and guessed the rest. Is a score of around 15/24 good enough to get me through?
(edited 9 years ago)
Chances of getting a grad role from the big 4/Accenture without internship? I know IB a internship is a must but is it the same for the Big 4/Accenture?

Thanks in advance
Reply 54
Original post by OrangeJuice49
Chances of getting a grad role from the big 4/Accenture without internship? I know IB a internship is a must but is it the same for the Big 4/Accenture?

Thanks in advance

No, it's not a must. What is it you want to do that made you grab those 5 in particular out of interest?
Reply 55
I never realised that the application process opens this freaking early... :confused: Do they really expect you to apply this early or do they just have it open for a very long time and have deadlines around christmas?
Reply 56
Original post by ahpadt
I never realised that the application process opens this freaking early... :confused: Do they really expect you to apply this early or do they just have it open for a very long time and have deadlines around christmas?

They recruit on a rolling basis so they could close any time, technically.

Also in regards to an internship - it's really not a must, I can name 10 people who didn't have one and now work at big 4/Accenture. The people who place such strong emphasis on them tend to be the ones who had them.
Just took the KPMG verbal and numerical reasoning tests. Verbal seemed okay but numerical was brutal - just manged to attempt half the questions :sigh:

How's everyone else's applications going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I'm half way through a training contract- does anyone know if I'm disadvantaged in applying to business consulting grad schemes? I really want a career change and have applied to ibm but one of my friends told me they only took people straight from Uni?
Original post by Mustgetintoib
Yep, passed IPAT, waiting for potential interview

Have you heard back yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending