The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick POSTGRADUATE applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by kenainai
Hi All! I am starting my masters in September at Warwick. I got offered an off campus accommodation which I am not so sure about and have to decide on in two days! I was wondering if anyone else has gotten offered off campus accommodation?

Hi Kenainai! Which masters are you starting?!

Ooh, they finally started sending accommodation offers? Did you ask for an off-campus house as your first choice? Where is it? Leamington or Coventry?
I haven't heard from Warwick accommodation yet.... but my four first préférences are on-campus accommodation, maybe that's why...
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 41
Original post by Lil' Flo
Wow I haven't been on TSR in over 2 years...

Hi anyway

I only just found out today that I've been accepted for a PhD place at the WBS.
I guess I'm late to this party.

Congrats for your PhD! Do you know where you're gonna live next September? :smile:
Reply 42
Hey Takius! I am going to be doing my masters in Public Health! What about you?

My first choices were for on campus accommodation as well but I got offered a place off campus. I am not sure where it is but it is a house about 3 miles away from the University. They told me a lot of the accommodation is full/filling up when I called to ask if I could change to something else..

Original post by Takius

Ooh, they finally started sending accommodation offers? Did you ask for an off-campus house as your first choice? Where is it? Leamington or Coventry?
I haven't heard from Warwick accommodation yet.... but my four first préférences are on-campus accommodation, maybe that's why...
Reply 43
Hey Takius! I am going to be doing my masters in Public Health! What about you?

My first choices were for on campus accommodation as well but I got offered a place off campus. I am not sure where it is but it is a house about 3 miles away from the University. They told me a lot of the accommodation is full/filling up when I called to ask if I could change to something else..

I'm gonna start an LLM in Advanced Legal Studies. I'm just so excited ahah

3 miles away? It might be Coventry then! I'm still waiting their answer for accommodation. They take a lot of time and I need to book my flight well in advance, otherwise it will be so expensive! :frown:
Original post by Takius
Congrats for your PhD! Do you know where you're gonna live next September? :smile:

Hullo. Thanks!

No I don't. I imagine it's too late to apply for accommodation?
My Plan A is to go it alone and find a 1 bed flat somewhere in Leamington Spa or Warwick town.
My Plan B is to look for a flatshare or group to live/rent with in those areas.
My Plan C is to throw up my hands up in defeat...

(Apparently, Leamington is the place to be)

What are your living plans?
Reply 45
Hullo. Thanks!

No I don't. I imagine it's too late to apply for accommodation?
My Plan A is to go it alone and find a 1 bed flat somewhere in Leamington Spa or Warwick town.
My Plan B is to look for a flatshare or group to live/rent with in those areas.
My Plan C is to throw up my hands up in defeat...

(Apparently, Leamington is the place to be)

What are your living plans?

Hey!

Well, you can still apply on Warwick accommodation but it's not guaranteed they will find you something!

And yes, Leamington is the place to be. So much better than Coventry. It's also where most of Warwick students are living AND partying since most of the clubs are there!

I applied for on-campus accommodation and I'm still waiting for an answer... so I don't know yet...
Reply 46
Nice! Lol.. Me too, I'm pretty excited!

Yeah, I think it probably is. Hopefully you should hear from them before the end of the week. You can always try calling them as well?

Original post by Takius
I'm gonna start an LLM in Advanced Legal Studies. I'm just so excited ahah

3 miles away? It might be Coventry then! I'm still waiting their answer for accommodation. They take a lot of time and I need to book my flight well in advance, otherwise it will be so expensive! :frown:
Reply 47
Nice! Lol.. Me too, I'm pretty excited!

Yeah, I think it probably is. Hopefully you should hear from them before the end of the week. You can always try calling them as well?

I tried to call them yesterday and to explain them that I only needed to know whether I'll be on campus or not (not the hall) in order to book my flight but they told me I'll have to wait! :frown: Anyway, I hope they will give me an answer by the end of this week!

Are you from England?!
Original post by Takius
Hey!

Well, you can still apply on Warwick accommodation but it's not guaranteed they will find you something!

And yes, Leamington is the place to be. So much better than Coventry. It's also where most of Warwick students are living AND partying since most of the clubs are there!

I applied for on-campus accommodation and I'm still waiting for an answer... so I don't know yet...

Ahh I see.
Well, I'll apply soon, but I don't expect any results and I'm leaning towards a 1 bed flat (easier, but pricey). I'm bringing my car to uni so living off-campus would probably work better.
I've spent 4 years in London living in just OK places, I'd like to stay somewhere comparatively nicer this year..

Good luck with that - hope you hear back soon. (When are you supposed to get an answer anyway?)
Reply 49
Ahh I see.
Well, I'll apply soon, but I don't expect any results and I'm leaning towards a 1 bed flat (easier, but pricey). I'm bringing my car to uni so living off-campus would probably work better.
I've spent 4 years in London living in just OK places, I'd like to stay somewhere comparatively nicer this year..

Good luck with that - hope you hear back soon. (When are you supposed to get an answer anyway?)

I hope it'll be easy for you to find a single flat in Leamington! But if you find one, you'll be happy to live their, I find this town lovely.

Mmmm.... according to Warwick Accommodation, we should hear from them by mid-August/early September. It's late and really not convenient especially since I have to take a loan and I need to know how much I'll be paying for accommodation... @_@
Reply 50
I'm glad I'm not the only one impatiently waiting for an accommodation offer! I have to book my flight as well, starting to get a bit nervous :P
Reply 51
Original post by Kat274
I'm glad I'm not the only one impatiently waiting for an accommodation offer! I have to book my flight as well, starting to get a bit nervous :P

I can confirm that you're not the only one. One of my friend is currently in Malaysia so he doesn't have internet except when he can find wifi.... and he is sending me texts every single day to know if we have received an offer from Warwick accommodation ahaha

Hope we'll hear from them before the end of next week!
Original post by Takius
I hope it'll be easy for you to find a single flat in Leamington! But if you find one, you'll be happy to live their, I find this town lovely.

Mmmm.... according to Warwick Accommodation, we should hear from them by mid-August/early September. It's late and really not convenient especially since I have to take a loan and I need to know how much I'll be paying for accommodation... @_@

Thanks.
You said you spent a year at Warwick uni before - I have a question. What are your impressions (or people's impressions in general) of living in Warwick town? People only seem to focus on Coventry (Earlsdon and Canley), Kenilworth and Leamington when discussing private off-campus accommodation.

Well that sucks. I would imagine they would have allocated all the rooms by next week as A-level results came out today and the confirmed list of undergrads would be the main thing they would have been waiting for :dontknow: ... I would assume that if they are competent, by Friday next week they should know. Hope you get what the accom you want
Original post by Takius

Hi Takius are you from the UK?
Reply 54
Thanks.
You said you spent a year at Warwick uni before - I have a question. What are your impressions (or people's impressions in general) of living in Warwick town? People only seem to focus on Coventry (Earlsdon and Canley), Kenilworth and Leamington when discussing private off-campus accommodation.

Well that sucks. I would imagine they would have allocated all the rooms by next week as A-level results came out today and the confirmed list of undergrads would be the main thing they would have been waiting for :dontknow: ... I would assume that if they are competent, by Friday next week they should know. Hope you get what the accom you want

I haven't heard about students living in Warwick town. It's quiet far to be honest. If you have the choice between Leamington and Warwick town, you should definitely choose Leam since you'll have more opportunities to socialize with other students. But it's my personal opinion and as I said, I don't know anyone who lived in Warwick town... maybe it's lovely and full of students as well!
Reply 55
Original post by the greatest
Hi Takius are you from the UK?

Hi The Greatest! Nope, I'm from France. What about you? Are you starting a masters degree at Warwick? :smile:
Original post by Takius
Hi The Greatest! Nope, I'm from France. What about you? Are you starting a masters degree at Warwick? :smile:

Ah even better lol, I'm from Ireland, will be starting PhD at Warwick, wbu?
Original post by Takius
I haven't heard about students living in Warwick town. It's quiet far to be honest. If you have the choice between Leamington and Warwick town, you should definitely choose Leam since you'll have more opportunities to socialize with other students. But it's my personal opinion and as I said, I don't know anyone who lived in Warwick town... maybe it's lovely and full of students as well!

Fair enough. It just seemed close enough to drive to if needs be :dontknow: Plus, the rents are more affordable than Leamington - we shall see...
Thanks again anyway
Have a great weekend too
Reply 58
Original post by the greatest
Ah even better lol, I'm from Ireland, will be starting PhD at Warwick, wbu?

I'm starting an LLM in Advanced Legal Studies!! Are you attending the orientation week?!
Original post by Takius
I'm starting an LLM in Advanced Legal Studies!! Are you attending the orientation week?!

Sounds intense lol I'm still not sure wbu? have u heard back from warwick regarding accomodation yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending