The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Isometrix
yeah true, he's been featuring over pre-season quite a lot hasn't he. what's news on mert/kosc, are they close to being ready?

hoping to get at least 2 games from chambers.

2 games would be great :smile: and it will probably be pretty clear if that will happen, as wenger has been very open about the WC players and their involvment so far

first game will probably be the same as the CS:

Gibbs, Chambers, Kosc, Debuchy

After that mert is back, and it becomes harder to guess... dont think anything with chambers is known after that - he could still rotate as a CB, or he could rotate at his proper position with debuchy, or he is rumoured to be able to play at CDM, so may get some minutes there near the end of games..

I would not have him in my team expecting him to start, but as a back-up at 4.5, there are not many defenders at that price who will get games for top teams, and if he does not get games, well its no issue to sub him out for one of the other 4.5 defenders
Original post by jam278
Me lel.

Pair didn't get 60 goals but then I think it was SUG who suggested that not me.

I said he wouldn't get 30 goals, when he was 11 after about 10 weeks. Wasn't even close to 30. I didn't say anything other than that. Good try, though. I wouldn't start that up again.

Sturridge will do well to match 22 or whatever he got last year.
Original post by little_wizard123
I said he wouldn't get 30 goals, when he was 11 after about 10 weeks. Wasn't even close to 30. I didn't say anything other than that. Good try, though. I wouldn't start that up again.

Sturridge will do well to match 22 or whatever he got last year.

After that you said he would be lucky to get 20 when he got injured. SUG said that the pair could get 60(got 55 in total) and I agreed. I'm pretty sure about saying that.

He'll get 30 goals this season tho. Dependent on how far they go in CL, if they're out of europe by christmas then he'll be around the 25 mark. He scores more when Suarez is out anyway.
So many teams in the league without posting on here. Stop making my life difficult and post :lol:
Original post by jam278

He'll get 30 goals this season tho. Dependent on how far they go in CL, if they're out of europe by christmas then he'll be around the 25 mark. He scores more when Suarez is out anyway.

In all comps? Hmmm, I won't argue against that. Seems about right.

But last season in terms of how many Sturridge + Suarez scored, it was at the very, very top of what they could achieve, and predicting that many goals was by all accounts down to bias.

Not sure who this season's Suarez will be, though. Probably van Persie :holmes:
In all comps? Hmmm, I won't argue against that. Seems about right.

But last season in terms of how many Sturridge + Suarez scored, it was at the very, very top of what they could achieve, and predicting that many goals was by all accounts down to bias.

Not sure who this season's Suarez will be, though. Probably van Persie :holmes:

Honestly it wasn't bias, from january 2013 onwards it was a clear linear progression. I knew Sturridge's beast mode at liverpool for first 5 months wasn't luck. Sturridge and Suarez were both scoring at just under a goal a game. Suarez went beast mode but in reality he just scored 5 more goals than the previous season. It's a good improvement but considering the team was clearly stronger at the end of the season compared to the start of the 12-13 season you could see them both going hard.

Van Persie is too injury prone, although you see United scoring 80+ goals this season personally when you have the best no.10 in the world, Rooney and RVP in a good system that gets the most out of them. The only question is whether their defence will hold up.
(edited 9 years ago)
All Liverpool player seem slightly overpriced, that's the problem. Even more of an issue with tiny budgets. Sturridge is the guy I'd want. Just can't fit him in.

Just done another round of removing people, so if you've been removed, let me know. Will also add prizes to the OP, although I think a lot of dupe teams and non-TSR members found their way into the league because of the prizes :holmes: .
(edited 9 years ago)
Howard and zamora or krul and bojan

Posted from TSR Mobile
All Liverpool player seem slightly overpriced, that's the problem. Even more of an issue with tiny budgets. Sturridge is the guy I'd want. Just can't fit him in.

Just done another round of removing people, so if you've been removed, let me know. Will also add prizes to the OP, although I think a lot of dupe teams and non-TSR members found their way into the league because of the prizes :holmes: .

Is the 500 post thing still happening because I am on like 400 ish but I can't be bothered doing another 100 in 3 days.
Original post by Alex Doran
Is the 500 post thing still happening because I am on like 400 ish but I can't be bothered doing another 100 in 3 days.

I didn't change the rules from last year, so 500 posts has to be by the end of September, so you have ages. It's really to ensure people don't just sign up to be in the league, and are regular enough to contribute on TSR in general.
x

How do you think I should improve this?

1407957533982.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sterling is better value than Sturridge. Don't hurt me jam.
Original post by TH3-FL45H
How do you think I should improve this?
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd probably get Hutton over Vlaar, then upgrade Bruce to somebody who will play.

:holmes: Do you really think so? Sturridge will score more than twice the number of goals.

I don't think so. He'll probably have a good season but will lack the same end product as Sturridge. Sturridge will get many goals (over 20 in the league imo) and sterling would likely get half that. In terms of assists sterling wouldnt get enough to be better value even for 3 million

But I'm not that good at FF so :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 995
I don't think so. He'll probably have a good season but will lack the same end product as Sturridge. Sturridge will get many goals (over 20 in the league imo) and sterling would likely get half that. In terms of assists sterling wouldnt get enough to be better value even for 3 million

But I'm not that good at FF so :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i don't see sturridge getting over 20
Original post by Qari
i don't see sturridge getting over 20

Why not

If he doesn't get a long term injury then imo he could do it

As important as suarez was for Liverpools attack, Sturridge was scoring when he wasn't there too

Posted from TSR Mobile
My problem with Sterling is that he's only 0.5 cheaper than the glut of midfielders at 9mil...Mata, Ramsey, Silva, Fabregas etc. Mata and Ramsey in particular seem much better value, given their combined goals/assists last season weren't far off a goal a game which Sterling wasn't close to. Ozil will come into the equation soon enough too, I'm expecting improvement from him. I just don't think Sterling is good enough to be considered in this price range. And if that £0.5m is crucial then Eriksen is cheaper than Sterling and posted better numbers last season. Of course given Sterling's age you'd expect him to improve somewhat, but then again Liverpool aren't scoring 101 goals this season.

On another note...thinking of changing Hazard and Dzeko to Eriksen and Costa. Costa is a risk but it would maintain the Chelsea coverage, and get rid of Dzeko whose place is (or at least will become) uncertain and has difficult fixtures. Thoughts? Would love to find the extra £1mil to have Sturridge instead of Costa but can't quite pull it off.
Do people think a strike force of

Sturridge Jovetic naismith

Is good enough?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do people think a strike force of

Sturridge Jovetic naismith

Is good enough?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. Naismith is great value for a third option but I'd definitely upgrade Jovetic to someone in at least the £8.5m region, eg Dzeko or Giroud.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest