The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't want Cavani, he sucks :frown: I would prefer spending £50m on Ibra and having him for 3 years.

Right now our solid options look like Benzema, Balotelli and Cavani, and I already stated Cavani is terrible.

Also, Manolas? I would rather not.
Original post by BenAssirati
I don't want Cavani, he sucks :frown: I would prefer spending £50m on Ibra and having him for 3 years.

Right now our solid options look like Benzema, Balotelli and Cavani, and I already stated Cavani is terrible.

Cavani is better than Benz and Balo. We wont be going for any of them though. Don't mind Manolas either, we're not getting a first team defender to play second fiddle to mert/kosc so a young adequate defender will do for now.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
Cavani is better than Benz and Balo. We wont be going for any of them though. Don't mind Manolas either, we're not getting a first team defender to play second fiddle to mert/kosc so a young adequate defender will do for now.

Cavani has shown again and again that he is terrible in front of goal. Without Ibra or Suarez he is nothing, and even with them he can't do anything.

Srs?? Are you forgetting we have Giroud? With the midfield we have Cavani would bag goals for fun. Manolas was Greece's stand out performer at the World Cup majority of their players were rubbish. Kos is injured would you like Monreal playing at CB?
Original post by jam278
Your posting style is similar to lukemckeown.

I dont take that as a compliment.. :eek:

And if it were true, considering I was here first by about 6 or 7 years to him, Id say his posting style is like mine :wink:
Original post by Kruz
Srs?? Are you forgetting we have Giroud? With the midfield we have Cavani would bag goals for fun. Manolas was Greece's stand out performer at the World Cup majority of their players were rubbish. Kos is injured would you like Monreal playing at CB?

Cavani is barely an upgrade on Giroud who, lets not kid ourselves, manages to occasionally be world class in games. He is probably the most over-rated striker around at the minute. Manolas was a stand out performer of one of the most boring football teams to have ever existed. I don't see why you think 'Monreal or Manolas' is a valid argument. There are plenty of CBs out there, and I just dont think Manolas is our best option. Apparently we have another £80m sitting in the bank, lets use it to get an amazing defender, not one who is there to fill the void left by injured players.
Cavani is barely an upgrade on Giroud who, lets not kid ourselves, manages to occasionally be world class in games. He is probably the most over-rated striker around at the minute. Manolas was a stand out performer of one of the most boring football teams to have ever existed. I don't see why you think 'Monreal or Manolas' is a valid argument. There are plenty of CBs out there, and I just dont think Manolas is our best option. Apparently we have another £80m sitting in the bank, lets use it to get an amazing defender, not one who is there to fill the void left by injured players.

Okay then who would you sign as a CB replacement for Vermaelen?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cavani has shown again and again that he is terrible in front of goal. Without Ibra or Suarez he is nothing, and even with them he can't do anything.

There is a discussion about this every week, cba to get in to it but his conversion rate was always meh but he gets the numbers to nullify it.
Original post by Kruz
Okay then who would you sign as a CB replacement for Vermaelen?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Off the top of my head, Agger, Nastasic, Howedes. All are affordable, and all are good.
There is a discussion about this every week, cba to get in to it but his conversion rate was always meh but he gets the numbers to nullify it.

Talking numbers would lead one to assume that Giroud is good enough to be Arsenal's 1st choice striker. 22 goals last season is not exactly terrible, but the majority can agree he is just not competent enough for a title challenging team.
Talking numbers would lead one to assume that Giroud is good enough to be Arsenal's 1st choice striker. 22 goals last season is not exactly terrible, but the majority can agree he is just not competent enough for a title challenging team.

Giroud got 22 in 50 odd appearances, Cavani topped that in less appearances and from the wing. His Napoli record is 130 goals + assists in 138 appearances. He also scores a greater range of goals than Giroud i.e headers, left foot, right foot. etc etc.

i can't tell if you are trolling but w.e
Giroud got 22 in 50 odd appearances, Cavani topped that in less appearances and from the wing. His Napoli record is 130 goals + assists in 138 appearances. He also scores a greater range of goals than Giroud i.e headers, left foot, right foot. etc etc.

i can't tell if you are trolling but w.e

I am not trolling. For £51m I would rather buy a platinum plated baseball bat and just hit Giroud every time he mucked up. Maybe we can beat some consistency out of him. Seriously, £51m for Cavani? No thanks. He may be 'good' but not for that price.
I am not trolling. For £51m I would rather buy a platinum plated baseball bat and just hit Giroud every time he mucked up. Maybe we can beat some consistency out of him. Seriously, £51m for Cavani? No thanks. He may be 'good' but not for that price.

Not sure if srs

brb 78 in 104 for Napoli
brb 16 in 30 for PSG from the wing

With your midfield he'd get even better numbers
Original post by jam278
Your posting style is similar to lukemckeown.

Original post by fallen_acorns
I dont take that as a compliment.. :eek:

:rofl:
Original post by manchesterunited15
Not sure if srs

brb 78 in 104 for Napoli
brb 16 in 30 for PSG from the wing

With your midfield he'd get even better numbers

For £51m...nah, you're alright.

Considering you're a good striker away from seriously challenging for the title (and maybe getting past the CL last 16 for the first time in forever), and you have all this cash that Zurich loves talking about, I don't see why not.

Who would you go for instead?
Original post by manchesterunited15

Who would you go for instead?

Paul-Georges Ntep
Original post by barneystin
Paul-Georges Ntep

Classic Wenger

Would solve our striker problems for time. Wouldn't have to invest in that department for a good 3/4 years easy. In a market where you pay 40m for ozil and 30 odd for sanchez, 51mil is aight.

Latest