The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The.Joker
Thanks guys, that should keep me busy for a while. :biggrin:

Just out of interest how many animes do you watch at any one time? Or do you finish watching one anime/catch up to its latest episode before watching a new one?

I'm a slight addict and so have 29 ongoing shows at the moment - might fire in a completed show too off my backlog (probably Chobits or Law of Ueki).

Probably wouldn't recommend watching so many simultaneously but I have trouble quitting this habit!

Original post by Masumah125
anybody know any new anime that has just started?

Crunchyrolls simulcast list may be a good place to start if you're looking for currently airing shows. Summer season is about 6 weeks in at the moment. http://www.crunchyroll.com/lineup
(edited 9 years ago)
Just out of interest how many animes do you watch at any one time? Or do you finish watching one anime/catch up to its latest episode before watching a new one?

I watch twenty. Always twenty. I'm a bit OCD like that. :p: Eighteen ongoing series that I follow weekly, and two that have already finished airing that I can watch during the gaps. :yes:

anybody know any new anime that has just started?

Here's a list of everything that started this season. :smile:

http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/seasons/summer-2014

I'm not sure what you're already watching (aside from Tokyo Ghoul which you mentioned above), but my favourite of the lot would be Zankyou no Terror, and I'd also recommend Akame ga Kill! and Tokyo ESP if you like action. :biggrin:
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
I have 3 ongoing series on the go at the moment - Haikyuu!!, Free! and Sword Art Online series 2. I'm catching up on Ace of Diamond, and then that'll go down to a once-a-week thing as well. I could probably juggle about 10 on the go series if there were that many I wanted to watch - because that's only going to be a couple of episodes a day at best, if you see my logic, which is how many I'm already watching in an attempt to catch up to AoD.

Oh ok I see, that seems like a good amount of anime to watch. :tongue:

Original post by caraniel
I'm a slight addict and so have 29 ongoing shows at the moment - might fire in a completed show too off my backlog (probably Chobits or Law of Ueki).

Probably wouldn't recommend watching so many simultaneously but I have trouble quitting this habit!

Original post by AngryJellyfish
I watch twenty. Always twenty. I'm a bit OCD like that. :p: Eighteen ongoing series that I follow weekly, and two that have already finished airing that I can watch during the gaps. :yes:

Woah! :eek:
That's quite a lot you're watching!! :biggrin:
How many hours a day would you say you spend watching anime?
That's quite a lot you're watching!! :biggrin:
How many hours a day would you say you spend watching anime?

Between one and five episodes on a working day, and between ten and fifteen episodes on a day off/weekend, so anywhere between 20 minutes and five hours. That's excluding time spent talking about anime, and time spent reading manga (one volume a day, every day). :giggle:
how?

It's just the story progression is often bland and not compelling. They just don't interest me.

Sent from my HTC One (M8) Gold using tapatalk.
Between one and five episodes on a working day, and between ten and fifteen episodes on a day off/weekend, so anywhere between 20 minutes and five hours. That's excluding time spent talking about anime, and time spent reading manga (one volume a day, every day). :giggle:

I tip my hat off to you my good sir, looks like you're really dedicated to anime and manga. :awesome::hat2:

Do you mainly buy manga or read it online? I've never read any manga before but I'm interested into reading some, what would you recommend me to read?
I tip my hat off to you my good sir, looks like you're really dedicated to anime and manga. :awesome::hat2:

Do you mainly buy manga or read it online? I've never read any manga before but I'm interested into reading some, what would you recommend me to read?

Thank you! :biggrin:

I pretty much only bought (or borrowed) printed manga volumes until this year, when I ran out of shelf space. :redface: Now I read manga on Kindle, but unfortunately there are way less series licensed for the UK ebook market - unlike printed books, they can be region locked, so a lot get released in the US only. :s: So now about half of what I read is bought, and the other half is scanlated. :yes:

As for recommendations, are there any genres in particular that you like? Or if you don't mind either way, I'd offer Necromancer, Gunslinger Girl and/or X-Day as general recommendations. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

I pretty much only bought (or borrowed) printed manga volumes until this year, when I ran out of shelf space. :redface: Now I read manga on Kindle, but unfortunately there are way less series licensed for the UK ebook market - unlike printed books, they can be region locked, so a lot get released in the US only. :s: So now about half of what I read is bought, and the other half is scanlated. :yes:

As for recommendations, are there any genres in particular that you like? Or if you don't mind either way, I'd offer Necromancer, Gunslinger Girl and/or X-Day as general recommendations. :smile:

I'd actually recommend using the Jump app if you aren't already :biggrin: For a monthly sub it's like 1 quid something and you get 4 issues :tongue:

how do you quote more than one person's reply?? sorry I'm new to this :biggrin:

if they're on the same page you can use the little quote marks button to add the code to the quick reply for each relevant post

How many books do you own? You must have loads since you've run out of room. :tongue:

I like stuff like Death Note so lots of drama and suspense as well as fighting/action in general. It has to have a really good gripping plot with unexpected twists and turns.
Original post by Iridann
I'd actually recommend using the Jump app if you aren't already :biggrin: For a monthly sub it's like 1 quid something and you get 4 issues :tongue:

Can't get that for the Kindle Paperwhite, only the Fire tablets. :dontknow:

Most people probably click the +" (multi-quote) button at the bottom of the posts they want to quote; I do it the long way (open up each post in a new tab, then copy and paste), since I'd been doing that for years before they added the feature. :p:
How many books do you own? You must have loads since you've run out of room. :tongue:

I like stuff like Death Note so lots of drama and suspense as well as fighting/action in general. It has to have a really good gripping plot with unexpected twists and turns.

I think approx. 600 volumes, excluding the digital stuff. Here's what my collection looked like a year ago, I don't have any more up to date photos than that, but it hasn't changed much aside from the fact that the piles on the second from last pic are taller, and extend right to the front of the drawers. I also have books stacked on top of the 'main' bookshelf from the first pic. :giggle:

If you like drama/suspense and action, I think the three series I already suggested may be good matches. :biggrin: Though I'd also throw in Pluto and Zombie Loan. :yes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Can't get that for the Kindle Paperwhite, only the Fire tablets. :dontknow:

It's on iOS, Android and PC :wink:

I use it on my phone when I have change on my card. It's pretty cool you can buy back issues at 59p a pop now.

I think approx. 600 volumes, excluding the digital stuff. Here's what my collection looked like a year ago, I don't have any more up to date photos than that, but it hasn't changed much aside from the fact that the piles on the second from last pic are taller, and extend right to the front of the drawers. I also have books stacked on top of the 'main' bookshelf from the first pic. :giggle:

If you like drama/suspense and action, I think the three series I already suggested may be good matches. :biggrin: Though I'd also throw in Pluto and Zombie Loan. :yes:

That is one amazing collection! :clap2:

Cool, thanks for the suggestions I'll be sure to check them out. :smile:
Reply 7595
Was just browsing the top tv series on IMDB for things to watch with real people in them. Quite surprised to see so many anime series in there.:shock: Not just series like Cowboy Bebop but Attack on Titan too.
:ahhhhh: Today is my last day to download anime:cry:
Original post by Binary Freak
:ahhhhh: Today is my last day to download anime:cry:

Ueh?!?

Original post by Iridann
Ueh?!?

Today'll be the last day I can download anime, since my internet will be too slow when I move

I saw all of Golden Time BTW.. Got quite sad towards the end :smile:
Original post by Binary Freak
Today'll be the last day I can download anime, since my internet will be too slow when I move

I saw all of Golden Time BTW.. Got quite sad towards the end :smile:

Better get downloading now! :dance: How slow is too slow?

Latest