The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BenAssirati
Someone like Schneiderlin would be great, but I can only question how it would affect the team. You can't take out Ramsey or Ozil, Sanchez/Ox/Walcott/Campbell are a must for most games, and Wilshere is starting to look like he is properly linking with Ramsey. I can see why a DM would replace Arteta and Flamini, but I still feel like Chambers is a better bet, with defensive and attacking capabilities, and he is certainly more mobile than most DMs. What Phil Jones problem? That he would have too many positions to find his best one?

Dortmund are the Southampton or Arsenal of Germany. Everytime they bring through a world class player, they are forced to sell them for big money to a better team in that league (Munich). You can't blame them for wanting to hold on to the players, but you have to question their logic.

Giroud/new ST
Sanchez Ozil Walcott
Schneiderlin Ramsey

With Ox, Podolski and Campbell as impact subs. Wilshere with Ramsey would leave you too exposed, I imagine Wilshere will have to resign himself to not starting most of the time in the league unless there's injuries. And I can't see Campbell playing massive amounts.

As in a highly rated young defender ends up playing in midfield all the time and doesn't develop as expected.

Original post by Zürich
Absolute morons is the phrase I would use.

BVB are the footballing equivalent of the Essex-boy, weekend millionaires you'll see down in Soho on Saturday nights buying drinks for people earning x5 more than them :rolleyes:

dat analogy
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Absolute morons is the phrase I would use. BVB are the footballing equivalent of the Essex-boy, weekend millionaires you'll see down in Soho on Saturday nights buying long-drinks for people earning x5 more than them and who then spend the rest of the week saying ''money dont interest me mate'' as they ruefully tuck into their economy pack lunch :laugh

With this kind of revolutionary transfer policy, Wenger can probably get them to sell Reus for a half eaten packet of wine gums and 2nd hand copy of 4-4-2 magazine from January 2007, featuring interviews with Jimmy Bullard and Teddy Sheringham. :laugh:

Have heard people praise BVB for letting Lewa go for **** all, and in the same moment mock Wenger for transfers like Adebayor for £25m.

That was quite a post. Bravo
Original post by manchesterunited15
Giroud/new ST
Sanchez Ozil Walcott
Schneiderlin Ramsey

With Ox, Podolski and Campbell as impact subs. Wilshere with Ramsey would leave you too exposed, I imagine Wilshere will have to resign himself to not starting most of the time in the league unless there's injuries. And I can't see Campbell playing massive amounts.

As in a highly rated young defender ends up playing in midfield all the time and doesn't develop as expected.

dat analogy

I would actually play:
Walcott
Reus Ozil Sanchez
Chambers Ramsey

Walcott proved he can be a striker, and that line-up would win us the league (Chambers can be changed for Wilshere/Arteta/Diaby/New DM).

Apparently Galatasaray are going to bid £28m for the Podolski + Campbell double. I want to see Campbell getting loads of games this year, he is easily good enough to at least come off the bench most games.
Galatasaray can **** off.
I would actually play:
Walcott
Reus Ozil Sanchez
Chambers Ramsey

Walcott proved he can be a striker, and that line-up would win us the league (Chambers can be changed for Wilshere/Arteta/Diaby/New DM).

Apparently Galatasaray are going to bid £28m for the Podolski + Campbell double. I want to see Campbell getting loads of games this year, he is easily good enough to at least come off the bench most games.

Depends on you managing to get Reus. Real and Barca are covered, Bayern would have to pay loads. Wouldn't City/Chelsea/PSG be in for him?

I'd take that tbh, Campbell's 22 he won't improve massively.
Depends on you managing to get Reus. Real and Barca are covered, Bayern would have to pay loads. Wouldn't City/Chelsea/PSG be in for him?

I'd take that tbh, Campbell's 22 he won't improve massively.

I think Arsenal are the main club. Liverpool and you lot were in for him briefly, but denied rumours.

I would sell Podolski, but Campbell is important coverage for us.
I think Arsenal are the main club. Liverpool and you lot were in for him briefly, but denied rumours.

I would sell Podolski, but Campbell is important coverage for us.

Who knows, if it looked like happening I could see Chelsea trying to stop it. Their winger options aren't great after Hazard.
Who knows, if it looked like happening I could see Chelsea trying to stop it. Their winger options aren't great after Hazard.

Even if they do go for Reus I reckon he would prefer us. We have a larger contingency of Germans, and the fact we managed to bring in Ozil and Sanchez shows we must have something desirable to good players.
Giroud
Ox Ozil Sanchez
Ramsey Vidal

This team would win us the champions league.

No troll.

Walcott is terrible.

/end discussion.

GG.
Giroud , I don't care how many wonder goals he scores, he is still ****ing terrible in big games.
Reply 3430
Original post by AR_95
Are you cereal? We're so stacked in midfield it's not even funny. I'd rather go out and buy a striker then get another Winger.

Tbf though, most of our midfielders play through the middle (behind the front 3)

last year, we used cazorla, podolski, rosicky, wilshere and gnabry for a few games out wide. To me, they are not the most speedy wingers ie like walcott and sanchez...hence why i say winger (Ok maybe i should've said a true winger with speed and accuracy).

And yes, alternatively, we should go get a striker (but who can also play as a winger)

But for now, we need DM and CB. Then maybe try and push for a striker (though really doubt wenger will)
Or maybe he'll go get a loan player in jan like kallstrom but a striker.
We're overcrowded in Midfield, I don't know why Wenger keeps looking into more CAMs/CMs when we have plenty. Also, Jack Wilshere is overrated :tongue:
Original post by LeBron96
We're overcrowded in Midfield, I don't know why Wenger keeps looking into more CAMs/CMs when we have plenty. Also, Jack Wilshere is overrated :tongue:

So many people call him overrated now so he has actually become underrated:ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
So many people call him overrated now so he has actually become underrated:ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pretty much the norm, things are always taken to extremes. I'd agree though he's gone full swing from being overrated to be underrated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I said before and people complained on the united thread. :rolleyes:
Original post by jam278
That's what I said before and people complained on the united thread. :rolleyes:

About you "stockpiling players"?
Original post by Fizzel
Pretty much the norm, things are always taken to extremes. I'd agree though he's gone full swing from being overrated to be underrated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He has genuinely gone from potentially amazing to sort of average though. So it's understandable.
Michael Owen loves writing us off to come 5th place like every year lmaoo :tongue: when will he learn
Original post by ArsenalWenger

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's actually true :laugh:
Original post by deborarosa
Michael Owen loves writing us off to come 5th place like every year lmaoo :tongue: when will he learn

Probably the same time Phil McNulty will.

Latest