The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

The big freshers icebreaker

So, this is now the Freshers thread. Who's looking forward to a week (probably more?) of partying?

The only event I've been looking at is this. The Big Freshers Icebreaker in Tiger Tiger. Thinking of buying a ticket but I'd be so pissed off if I had to go alone because none of my flatmates etc have tickets.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Don't worry about whether your flatmates will go or not, tons of people have bought tickets and we're going to have a pre-drinks party and all go to the event together so you won't have to go alone!
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
^^ Agreed :smile:

Just don't worry about it, you can go to the pre-drinks party and we'll all go to tiger tiger together so no-one has to go alone :smile: Btw we're talking about tiger tiger on this FB group if you're not already in it: https://www.facebook.com/groups/443364472413904/

Hope to see you there! :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by Darkkoneko
Don't worry about whether your flatmates will go or not, tons of people have bought tickets and we're going to have a pre-drinks party and all go to the event together so you won't have to go alone!

Original post by bpool1994

Just don't worry about it, you can go to the pre-drinks party and we'll all go to tiger tiger together so no-one has to go alone :smile: Btw we're talking about tiger tiger on this FB group if you're not already in it: https://www.facebook.com/groups/443364472413904/

Guess I'll buy one then. What ticket should I get?
Reply 4
A lot of us got the VIP one but you can get standard if you don't want to pay that much!
I'm scared to get tickets for any freshers events in case i don't get in :/
i'm sure there'll be something going on in glam and oceana during the freshers week though :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by andromeda24
I'm scared to get tickets for any freshers events in case i don't get in :/
i'm sure there'll be something going on in glam and oceana during the freshers week though :smile:

A lot of us got the VIP one but you can get standard if you don't want to pay that much!

Original post by bpool1994

Anyone going to 'The Big Freshers Icebreaker' who's worried their friends/flatmates won't be going etc, check this out:

https://www.facebook.com/events/401357623303240/?ref=notif&notif_t=plan_user_invited
Reply 7
hey guys my names izzy :smile: i'm starting at Cardiff in September and have a confirmed place at Taly South.
Lovely to meet you all. is anyone else going to Taly South?
I got my ticket for the icebreaker the other day and have spoken to quite a few people who are also in Taly south and we are trying to organize a pre drinks and head all down to tiger tiger together!
we've done an event on fb, let me know if you want to come!
anyone is welcome :smile:
Reply 8
i have a ticket but i cant print it from an iphone and it wont attach to hotmail accounts, does anyone know if i can just show the ticket on my iphone?
Reply 9
Does anyone want to get a ticket for bristol's event? Bought an extra accidentally! Pm me if interested.
Heeey,

Know how it feels to be pissed off because of the possibility of going alone, but I am gonna go alone probably aswell !

I do believe it's easy to find friends there or just come with me !! :smile: :biggrin:
Original post by Munchkinme
Heeey,

Know how it feels to be pissed off because of the possibility of going alone, but I am gonna go alone probably aswell !

I do believe it's easy to find friends there or just come with me !! :smile: :biggrin:

Yeah, I bought the ticket on a whim and am the only person I know who's going. So if I don't manage to find anyone going too (kinda unlikely I'm hoping) then I, too, will do the 'going alone' thing...
Reply 12
Hey! I'll be going to the icebreaker. Well, I'll be alternating from the icebreaker and the student union cause you can buy tickets on the themed event that you find most interesting in the SU. A bunch of my friends already have tickets, but I'm not to sure where to get them from...
Original post by nessi
Hey! I'll be going to the icebreaker. Well, I'll be alternating from the icebreaker and the student union cause you can buy tickets on the themed event that you find most interesting in the SU. A bunch of my friends already have tickets, but I'm not to sure where to get them from...

Hey! I'm thinking of going to that one too cause I can't really get a lot of info on the SU events, but can't seem to get hold of tickets aswel... do you think they have sold out- cause that would suck.
Reply 14
Original post by Thischick4
Hey! I'm thinking of going to that one too cause I can't really get a lot of info on the SU events, but can't seem to get hold of tickets aswel... do you think they have sold out- cause that would suck.

My house mates bought there's on fatsoma, so I'll be getting mine from there tomorrow. Here's the link if you are intrested
https://next.fatsoma.com/events/the-...0-297bef9fd3ab
Anyone going who'll be from Sengenydd Hall 2014?
Reply 16
Hey guys...I'm not really the party type person but I'd love to get involved where and how should I start?
Original post by mattbyrne
Anyone going who'll be from Sengenydd Hall 2014?

Had put that I was because I misread that as 'court'...Oops! My bad :L
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by nessi
My house mates bought there's on fatsoma, so I'll be getting mine from there tomorrow. Here's the link if you are intrested
https://next.fatsoma.com/events/the-...0-297bef9fd3ab

Aw man! thanks! I found out I got in!!! So literally bought might mine right now cause I figured loads of people would be doing the same now they know they are definetly in! I'm in Sengenydd Court, ,not the same thing is it? But I hope to see all of you guys there!:colondollar:
Err Nessi.... Just tried the link. its not working, can you double check it thanks?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending