The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jehuty^
Better get downloading now! :dance: How slow is too slow?

I've done quite a bit already :tongue:

Well I'm on fibre optic (152mbps) and I'll be moving to quite a remote location so it'll be downgraded to 17Mbps :cry:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Binary Freak

Well I'm on fibre optic (152mbps) and I'll be moving to quite a remote location so it'll be downgraded to 17Mbps :cry:

I live in rural North Wales, 17mbps sounds like a dream come true! Hasn't stopped me downloading, though. :p: I can usually get hold of one episode in the time it takes me to watch another. :smile:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I live in rural North Wales, 17mbps sounds like a dream come true! Hasn't stopped me downloading, though. :p: I can usually get hold of one episode in the time it takes me to watch another. :smile:

:ahhhhh: On my current broadband it takes me an episode to download an entire series :rofl:

I think you might only be an hour away from where I'm moving to :eek:

Quit your whining. I had to get by with 1.3mbps before I got fibre and now I have 22mbps :|

Sent from my HTC One (M8) Gold using tapatalk.
Original post by Iridann
Quit your whining. I had to get by with 1.3mbps before I got fibre and now I have 22mbps :|

Sent from my HTC One (M8) Gold using tapatalk.

I guess it comes with being on a good package, I'll probably get used to it after a few weeks, I'll just need to connect wired whenever I want to download :smile:
:ahhhhh: On my current broadband it takes me an episode to download an entire series :rofl:

I think you might only be an hour away from where I'm moving to :eek:

Those sorts of speeds do sound nice... but I'd probably end up downloading far more than I could ever watch as a result. :p:

I saw you had Corwen listed as your location, is that where you are now or where you're moving to? It's about 45 minutes from here by car. :yes:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Those sorts of speeds do sound nice... but I'd probably end up downloading far more than I could ever watch as a result. :p:

I saw you had Corwen listed as your location, is that where you are now or where you're moving to? It's about 45 minutes from here by car. :yes:

Speeds are nice, until you need to downgrade :rofl:

Yeah, Clawdd Poncen specifically (I'll be moving there), I start travelling tomorrow, BMB are here at the moment packing :bigsmile:
(edited 9 years ago)
It's not fair! My brother cancelled the Japan manga tour I was supposed to go to next year!!!! It had entry to Ghibil museum, designed by hayao Miyazaki,academy award winner for spirited away, a private tour of a working anime studio, guided tours of Tokyo. I could've gone to Akihabara and nakano which is an otaku paradise of anime, manga and electronic good store. It was a 6 night hotel accommodation with Japanese breakfast daily:frown: HE DIDNT EVEN LET ME GO TO THE TOKYO GAME SHOW TOUR!!! :mad:

ITS NOT FAIR!!!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Masumah125
It's not fair! My brother cancelled the Japan manga tour I was supposed to go to next year!!!! It had entry to Ghibil museum, designed by hayao Miyazaki,academy award winner for spirited away, a private tour of a working anime studio, guided tours of Tokyo. I could've gone to Akihabara and nakano which is an otaku paradise of anime, manga and electronic good store. It was a 6 night hotel accommodation with Japanese breakfast daily:frown: HE DIDNT EVEN LET ME GO TO THE TOKYO GAME SHOW TOUR!!! :mad:

ITS NOT FAIR!!!!

I found the website for this and decided to go in your place :proud:

Jk :console: Looks pretty cool tho :tongue:
I've mentioned this in a couple of places already, but here's a new piece I put up on my site: Why One Piece is a Better Story than Batman

I'd like to be clear that I'm a huge Batman/comic fan as well as a fan of One Piece/manga, my points are based on which series is better in terms of storytelling and I'd love to know what you think about it :smile:

Oh wow :rofl: I've lived with 2, 4 and now 8Mbps since leaving Uni. Might take a while to download series in full Blu-ray quality but anything else is fine. Just make sure you always have something to watch whilst downloading and you won't notice.
Original post by Jehuty^
Oh wow :rofl: I've lived with 2, 4 and now 8Mbps since leaving Uni. Might take a while to download series in full Blu-ray quality but anything else is fine. Just make sure you always have something to watch whilst downloading and you won't notice.

Yea, I'm only downloading about 9 hours worth of anime, something to watch when I'm on the train. So far I have 4 different shows downloaded :holmes:

If I was on 2Mbps I'd probably lost my sanity :tongue:
I was on 0.2 - 0.8 Mbps until late 2012... couple of hours per episode, slightly faster late at night and on weekends. Needless to say, I didn't turn my computer off very often. :p:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Keoje
I found the website for this and decided to go in your place :proud:

Jk :console: Looks pretty cool tho :tongue:

when i read the first line i really wanted to kill you...
when i read the first line i really wanted to kill you...
Haha :ninja: :creep:

How come it was cancelled? :frown:
Original post by Keoje
Haha :ninja: :creep:

How come it was cancelled? :frown:

he can't go because he's working then. he's a workaholic…
and I'm too young too travel on my own otherwise i would've gone if i was allowed.
he can't go because he's working then. he's a workaholic…
and I'm too young too travel on my own otherwise i would've gone if i was allowed.

It's on every year twice a year I think :tongue: One day :moon:

This mentioning of Japan reminds me of the JET Programme...But I have no desire to teach English or see giant bugs :emo:
Original post by Keoje
It's on every year twice a year I think :tongue: One day :moon:

This mentioning of Japan reminds me of the JET Programme...But I have no desire to teach English or see giant bugs :emo:

BUT I REALLY WANTED TO GO NEXT YEAR!!:hmpf:
Don't know what to do with myself now that I've finished Hajime No Ippo
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Don't know what to do with myself now that I've finished Hajime No Ippo

start a new anime:biggrin:

Latest