The Student Room Group

I have not got an option for clearing on UCAS, how do I apply for clearing?

Scroll to see replies

What's the status of your application? Do you have a firm (and insurance) choice? Are the unconditional/conditional/unsuccessful?
Do you currently have no unconditional offers?
Reply 3
Original post by JF530

search on the ucas toolbar for vacancy in clearing courses and then when you see the universities that have vacancy for your course and call them up.
Reply 4
Original post by Potally_Tissed
What's the status of your application? Do you have a firm (and insurance) choice? Are the unconditional/conditional/unsuccessful?

I have one conditional offer that I have not heard back from, is there a certain time that they have to reply to me by?
Original post by JF530
I have one conditional offer that I have not heard back from, is there a certain time that they have to reply to me by?

Yes but they have several days. Don't wait around for them, phone them up and find out if they've made a decision.
Reply 6
Original post by rockrunride
Do you currently have no unconditional offers?

hey, i called up university of arts london for a textile design course in clearing, i had applied there before but my app. was unsuccessful, i gave them the details, i was put on hold and then the operator said that there is some system clash in the details and that i'll be called back shortly. i'm just scared that they might not call back
Reply 7
Yes but they have several days. Don't wait around for them, phone them up and find out if they've made a decision.

Okay what will they ask for when I call them? e.g ucas number
Original post by JF530
Okay what will they ask for when I call them? e.g ucas number

That and/or name. Nothing particularly taxing :smile:
Original post by sam.r
hey, i called up university of arts london for a textile design course in clearing, i had applied there before but my app. was unsuccessful, i gave them the details, i was put on hold and then the operator said that there is some system clash in the details and that i'll be called back shortly. i'm just scared that they might not call back

Hi! Did you apply there this year? A uni won't accept you in clearing if you applied unsuccessfully in the same cycle. If not, wait a little while and give a chaser call. They're busy, remember, so it's wise to be proactive.
Reply 10
That and/or name. Nothing particularly taxing :smile:

Before I could explain anything I was put through to a pre-recorded message that was no help and ended the call....
Original post by sam.r

I've you do want to look at other options, we have places still available for Textile Design at Birmingham City University http://www.bcu.ac.uk/courses/textile-design-ba

240 points
Reply 12
Hi! Did you apply there this year? A uni won't accept you in clearing if you applied unsuccessfully in the same cycle. If not, wait a little while and give a chaser call. They're busy, remember, so it's wise to be proactive.

Yes i applied this year. however i just got a call back from them and since im still holding an offer at my insurance choice they're saying they cant process my application for clearing unless i call up my insurance choice and release myself from the choice and then call them back
Original post by sam.r
Yes i applied this year. however i just got a call back from them and since im still holding an offer at my insurance choice they're saying they cant process my application for clearing unless i call up my insurance choice and release myself from the choice and then call them back

Yep, you'd need to call your insurance to release yourself. I wouldn't do it though, as unis almost never accept applicants through Clearing that they've already rejected. Unless you really don't want to go to your insurance and would be happier taking another Clearing vacancy.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
Yep, you'd need to call your insurance to release yourself. I wouldn't do it though, as unis almost never accept applicants through Clearing that they've already rejected. Unless you really don't want to go to your insurance and would be happier taking another Clearing vacancy.

ya i dont want to go to my insurance choice, and i want to apply to a good university for a textile design course and i've heard chelsea in UAL is the best, i'm not sure about other good unis for textiles
Original post by sam.r
ya i dont want to go to my insurance choice, and i want to apply to a good university for a textile design course and i've heard chelsea in UAL is the best, i'm not sure about other good unis for textiles

In that case, you've got nothing to lose: ask your insurance to release you and get the Clearing ball rolling.

Have a look at rankings and vacancies. You should definitely find something that takes your fancy. Again it's not likely your original firm will accept you, but if you're in Clearing anyway, you may as well try.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16

i did apply to UAL before but to csm, now i'm either gonna apply to chelsea or LCF
Original post by sam.r
i did apply to UAL before but to csm, now i'm either gonna apply to chelsea or LCF

Cool. Good luck :smile:
Reply 18
In that case, you've got nothing to lose: ask your insurance to release you and get the Clearing ball rolling.

Have a look at rankings and vacancies. You should definitely find something that takes your fancy. Again it's not likely your original firm will accept you, but if you're in Clearing anyway, you may as well try.

my insurance choice is herriott watt, but i dont think that is good for textiles, my firm choice was leeds uni, which was unsuccessful. I cant find other good unis for textiles other than UAL colleges, i'm really confused
Original post by sam.r
my insurance choice is herriott watt, but i dont think that is good for textiles, my firm choice was leeds uni, which was unsuccessful. I cant find other good unis for textiles other than UAL colleges, i'm really confused

How do you feel about moving to London?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending