The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

what were your AS grades when you applied to ucl??

I was interested in an AAB-ABB course at ucl but today I got two Bs, C and D. I'm dropping one of the subjects that I got a B in. I never expected to get Cs or Ds but will do retakes.
Will I be able to apply with these grades?
What were your grades when you applied?

Scroll to see replies

I applied with AACC, dropped one of the Cs and got AAA at A2. It depends on the course but your application is admittedly less strong. No harm in applying if you haven't got five other unis in mind.

What are your predicted grades for A2?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by rockrunride
I applied with AACC, dropped one of the Cs and got AAA at A2. It depends on the course but your application is admittedly less strong. No harm in applying if you haven't got five other unis in mind.

What are your predicted grades for A2?

I can get my teachers to predict me ABB because this is what I'm aiming for with retakes, but this year I didn't get any As. Is it likely they'll reject me? Since I've heard most unis barely even look at personal statements
Original post by ineedhelppp
I can get my teachers to predict me ABB because this is what I'm aiming for with retakes, but this year I didn't get any As. Is it likely they'll reject me? Since I've heard most unis barely even look at personal statements

Unis do look at personal statements, UCL more than most actually as all courses are interviewed for. There is absolutely no harm in applying if you really want to go there. Most applicants don't fill up their choices with places they really want to go - it's hard to stay emotionally attached to five places.

What are you thinking of applying for? Of course, this will affect the likelihood of them considering you.
Reply 4
Original post by rockrunride
Unis do look at personal statements, UCL more than most actually as all courses are interviewed for. There is absolutely no harm in applying if you really want to go there. Most applicants don't fill up their choices with places they really want to go - it's hard to stay emotionally attached to five places.

What are you thinking of applying for? Of course, this will affect the likelihood of them considering you.

I was interested in Pharmacy or Medicinal Chemistry and considering Pharmaceutical Science at other unis like QMUL
Original post by ineedhelppp
I was interested in Pharmacy or Medicinal Chemistry and considering Pharmaceutical Science at other unis like QMUL

Cool. As said, no harm in trying. Good luck :smile:
Reply 6
I got AACD in AS. A*AB in A2. Did not have an interview, really tried hard on my personal statement, and I got in so I'm sure you can :smile:
AAAA but below average GCSEs
Original post by leviosal_
I got AACD in AS. A*AB in A2. Did not have an interview, really tried hard on my personal statement, and I got in so I'm sure you can :smile:

That's so good! What course did you apply for?

I got AABC and want to apply for history which is A*AA
Was worried I didn't have a good chance to apply and get an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by lustforlife

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for Information Management for Business, you should really give it a try. It's only 1/5 options so if they do reject you (God forbid) you still have 4 other Unis. But honestly, if they accepted me, they'll accept you no doubt :smile:
i'd drop the one you got a D in personally. i had AAABB at AS (plus an A in EPQ) and i got A*A*A today for law with hispanic law at UCL (A*AA are the requirements).
Original post by leviosal_
I applied for Information Management for Business, you should really give it a try. It's only 1/5 options so if they do reject you (God forbid) you still have 4 other Unis. But honestly, if they accepted me, they'll accept you no doubt :smile:

Thanks!! Just going to try super hard to make my personal statement brilliant :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
iv just got my a level results and they are a*a* b b is this good enough to apply to ucl as there lowest offer is aaa?
Reply 13
My brother applied to UCL with ACCDD and got an offer for AABC but he had to resit some of his exams
Original post by snelle1234
iv just got my a level results and they are a*a* b b is this good enough to apply to ucl as there lowest offer is aaa?

Their lowest offer is actually AAB or ABB actually - depends on the course you are applying for

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
I has AABB (Physics, Bio, Maths and Chem respectively)

I applied for Astrophysics Msci (Which ranges from AAA-AAB, with A's compulsory in Maths and Physics)

Even though I did not have an A at AS maths, UCL offered me AAB, with the A's having to be in maths and physics

I managed to get A*AA (Bio, maths and physics respectively) and look forward to going to UCL! Moral is, don't feel too bad about your AS grades, if you put the effort into A2 you can turn it aroud.
I got AAAE at AS and A*AA at A2 with a C in EPQ. I say give it a go :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
AAAAA at AS (maths, f.maths, Spanish, history, English lit) and A*AAA at A2 (English lit dropped)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Thanks everyone! It's great to know that it's possible to turn around your grades completely from AS with a few resits.
So even if my current grades are BBCD, as long as I make sure that my predicted grades are AAB and that I write a good personal statement, I should be able to get an offer right?
Original post by lustforlife

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's exactly what I got at AS! I applied to do history, with an A*AA offer and just got accepted, so go for it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending