The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Swanseas University Internet?

Hey I'm possibly going to Swansea this September and was wondering how fast the wireless is in the accommodation? (Ping/download/upload) And how is gaming on PC? I.e. League of Legends all that?

One last thing does anyone know if Xbox one works with the wireless and if so is it stable?
If you don't get a reply by tomorrow I will edit this with an answer by my friend who games a lot and stayed in accommodation last year :h: I live at home so don't know what it's like in accommodation but I'm in the library now and have never had any problems with it :h:
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Original post by TheBestUsername
Hey I'm possibly going to Swansea this September and was wondering how fast the wireless is in the accommodation? (Ping/download/upload) And how is gaming on PC? I.e. League of Legends all that?

One last thing does anyone know if Xbox one works with the wireless and if so is it stable?

I don't have any images to prove the download/upload speeds but I can assure you as a DOTA2 player that the download speed is good but the upload speed is better! All consoles and devices are fully compatible with the wireless on campus and in the village. They use the service eduroam which can be a pain in the arse as you aren't allowed to use peer to peer downloading which predominately means no torrenting. Everything else is fine.
Original post by Wick3d
I don't have any images to prove the download/upload speeds but I can assure you as a DOTA2 player that the download speed is good but the upload speed is better! All consoles and devices are fully compatible with the wireless on campus and in the village. They use the service eduroam which can be a pain in the arse as you aren't allowed to use peer to peer downloading which predominately means no torrenting. Everything else is fine.

Ahhh thank you! I play a lot of LoL! thank you very much!
Original post by TheBestUsername
Ahhh thank you! I play a lot of LoL! thank you very much!

No problem. Enjoy freshers!
Reply 5
Well thx guys, I was wondering about the Wi-fi in swansea as well. I'm a big COD player, and I'll be there in sept. Would be awesome if we party-ed up!
Original post by Cascoscus
Well thx guys, I was wondering about the Wi-fi in swansea as well. I'm a big COD player, and I'll be there in sept. Would be awesome if we party-ed up!

Boo! :mad: All jokes aside, you'll have many nights where you attempt to play a game drunk, for me I always get better when drunk! I haven't a clue why. :biggrin:
Reply 7
Well, I play dota2 on the side as well, and diablo, and starcraft.

I used too play cod until ghosts ruined it for me haha

I hope you mean Diablo 2. :biggrin:
Original post by Wick3d
I hope you mean Diablo 2. :biggrin:

Lol, sorry Diablo 3!
Lol, sorry Diablo 3!

Meh, it ain't half bad since the updates. Still, Diablo 2 was the peak of that series. :smile:
Original post by Wick3d
Meh, it ain't half bad since the updates. Still, Diablo 2 was the peak of that series. :smile:

I totally agree.

Quick Reply

Latest