The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University Official

Scroll to see replies

Original post by liam96c
No, I had a conditional offer and met the grade requirements.

Hi Liam,

Drop an e-mail to Phil Daniels at [email protected]
He's expecting your message :smile:

Any other questions, just ask!

Peff
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 41
Hi Peff, I have tried sending an email but it keeps saying "Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently"
Original post by liam96c
Hi Peff, I have tried sending an email but it keeps saying "Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently"

Eep, I'm so sorry Liam! His address is actually [email protected]

Peff
hey! I was wondering how do you purchase a freshers wristband? it asked me to register and I did but I have no username, and I've confirmed my email address and everything, but it won't let me log in to get it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alixrebecca
hey! I was wondering how do you purchase a freshers wristband? it asked me to register and I did but I have no username, and I've confirmed my email address and everything, but it won't let me log in to get it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Alix,

Freshers' Week wristbands are available from http://nusufreshers.co.uk/tickets/
To log in you have to first register via http://www.nusu.co.uk/account/register/Freshers/

It sounds like you've tried that and are still having trouble accessing the site, so I recommend e-mailing [email protected] with your full name and the e-mail address you registered with and asking them to look into it for you :smile:

Don't worry, they'll get it sorted soon!

Thanks,

Peff
I got BCC in my results for an offer of ABB, I'm aware that being a grade below in all three subjects will probably mean no chances of actually getting in, but is there any possibility of me getting a place?
Original post by Mrwinston
I got BCC in my results for an offer of ABB, I'm aware that being a grade below in all three subjects will probably mean no chances of actually getting in, but is there any possibility of me getting a place?

Hello, thanks for getting in touch!

I'm afraid that we don't have any courses in Clearing who will accept a student with less than ABB.

The list of our courses currently available in Clearing can be found here: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/clearing/clearing/courses/index.htm

Good luck with your search,

Peff
I've just realised I was only 12 UMS marks overall off getting ABB is that still not enough?
Are there many students in their early 20s that start each year?
Original post by Mrwinston
I've just realised I was only 12 UMS marks overall off getting ABB is that still not enough?

Hello :smile: thanks for getting in touch!

All applicants who narrowly missed the conditions of their offer would have been reconsidered again together when the results were published. Unfortunately, we therefore wouldn't be able to accept students with lower than the required minimum of ABB through clearing.

Good luck with the rest of your search,

Rachel
Hello! I am going to study economics in newcastle uni this year. Are the teachers there are good enough to teach and are they willing to teach stupid students? Or is it just simply studying all by yourself?
Original post by Jackie9512
Hello! I am going to study economics in newcastle uni this year. Are the teachers there are good enough to teach and are they willing to teach stupid students? Or is it just simply studying all by yourself?

Hi Jackie, great to hear :smile:

Economics at Newcastle University is highly regarded, recently achieving 91% overall student satisfaction in the National Student Survey.

To achieve this score, a number of factors are taken into consideration, including; how good staff are at explaining things, whether the course is intellectually stimulating, whether students receive sufficient advice and support, whether students have been able to contact staff when they needed etc. It must therefore be an exciting prospect to study a course rated so highly :smile:

It is also important to highlight that teaching methods vary, with both lectures and seminars. Whilst lectures provide an overview of content, seminars allow students to be involved with discussion with each other and their seminar leaders, therefore a great opportunity to ask any questions you might have if you are struggling.

I hope that helps, we look forward to welcoming you onto campus in September:smile:

Rachel
Original post by Penumbral
Are there many students in their early 20s that start each year?

Hey, thanks for getting in touch :smile:

Each year we have a variety of students starting at our University, ranging in age and backgrounds. Whether students have taken gap years, or just some time out before commencing studies, you will be sure to make friends with both people younger than you and those who are starting university slightly older.

Will you be living at home or in halls of residence?

Rachel
Original post by Newcastle University
Hey, thanks for getting in touch :smile:

Each year we have a variety of students starting at our University, ranging in age and backgrounds. Whether students have taken gap years, or just some time out before commencing studies, you will be sure to make friends with both people younger than you and those who are starting university slightly older.

Will you be living at home or in halls of residence?

Rachel

Home. Geordie born and bred.
Original post by Penumbral
Home. Geordie born and bred.

Joining a society or sports team once you're here will be great way to meet loads of new people :smile: You can find out more here: http://www.nusu.co.uk/activities

Hope that helps,

Rachel
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi Jackie, great to hear :smile:

Economics at Newcastle University is highly regarded, recently achieving 91% overall student satisfaction in the National Student Survey.

To achieve this score, a number of factors are taken into consideration, including; how good staff are at explaining things, whether the course is intellectually stimulating, whether students receive sufficient advice and support, whether students have been able to contact staff when they needed etc. It must therefore be an exciting prospect to study a course rated so highly :smile:

It is also important to highlight that teaching methods vary, with both lectures and seminars. Whilst lectures provide an overview of content, seminars allow students to be involved with discussion with each other and their seminar leaders, therefore a great opportunity to ask any questions you might have if you are struggling.

I hope that helps, we look forward to welcoming you onto campus in September:smile:

Rachel

many thanks
Reply 56
Hi, do I have to login to the website where I applied to accommodation to find out where I got? If so, it won't let me login

Thanks
Original post by soph123!
Hi, do I have to login to the website where I applied to accommodation to find out where I got? If so, it won't let me login

Thanks

Hey Sophie, thanks for getting in touch :smile:

It might be worth ringing 0191 208 3333 for such accommodation information.

Let me know if that helps,

Rachel
Reply 58
Need to contact accommodation service, is there a number I can call?

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey,
I was just wondering when will we be allocated accommodation? It seems on here other incoming students that held conditional offers have heard since they received their place on results day, I was just wondering if the accommodation offers go out at different times? And if so, does that mean because I have had my offer after other people, I'm less likely to have been allocated the accommodation I chose?

Quick Reply

Latest