The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Person1001
The sentiment for continuing the war until the emancipation of the Gazans is felt by Gaza throughout: Gaza is an open air prison who are forced on a deliberate "calorie count" diet amongst other sick things by Israel.

Ah yes, the old "calorie count" canard.

This is presumably why there are five star hotels in Gaza who are baking wedding cakes so big they have to be cut with a crane?

The fact is that anyone who has travelled to Africa and seen pictures from Gaza will know those people aren't starving, and the squeeling from Muslims and the Western left is just getting a bit pathetic, given their choice to conveniently ignore Muslim-on-Muslim violence on a far greater scale
Original post by UniOfLife
I
That's 28% of the Strip being sand dunes and arid land. If you add on agricultural land to that you have 74% of the land area being non-built up

When I brought this up to tsr1269, he said it's far better that people die than crops be destroyed by Israeli return fire.

It's a bizarre comment because it's not as if a 500lb bomb, which can kill a dozen people, can destroy enough food to starve a dozen people.

But of course he will say anything to justify Hamas' firing its rockets from built up areas. Anything to see more dead Palestinians to parade in front of the cameras, he will support. He'll fight to the last drop of their blood :wink:
Original post by MostUncivilised
And I'm glad you felt so threatened by my response, so paralysed by it, that you couldn't produce a retort

And I could say exactly the same to you, after all, you ignored what? 95% of the post?
Ah yes, the old "calorie count" canard.

This is presumably why there are five star hotels in Gaza who are baking wedding cakes so big they have to be cut with a crane?

The fact is that anyone who has travelled to Africa and seen pictures from Gaza will know those people aren't starving, and the squeeling from Muslims and the Western left is just getting a bit pathetic, given their choice to conveniently ignore Muslim-on-Muslim violence on a far greater scale

I genuinely didn't know about this cake business. Amazing. I assume this was the cake in question:

The image is from 2009. The figures from 2006.

Do you have more recent figures?

Google Maps is pretty up to date, why don't you use those in your images?
Original post by Stevelee
This isn't right and must stop!

No only is it entirely right and proper, and completely legal under international law, it's also the case that no nation could allow a terrorist group to create for themselves a privileged sanctuary behind which they could fire rockets with no comeback.

Why doesn't Hamas fire their rockets from the extensive open areas, agricultural lands and desert area in Gaza? Because when Israel fired back, no civilians would die. And that's unacceptable to Hamas. Civilians must die according to their strategy

But in saying that, you have to ask, How do Hamas still want to continue this "war" even when so many of its people are dying?

You can't be that naive? Hamas loves seeing dead Palestinians, the more die the better for them. Every dead child is a PR win for them.
Original post by tsr1269
I genuinely didn't know about this cake business. Amazing. I assume this was the cake in question:

Quite possibly. Either way, the Gazans are starving. It's like the Siege of Leningrad, don't you know?
Quite possibly. Either way, the Gazans are starving. It's like the Siege of Leningrad, don't you know?

Except that cake was created in Connecticut and the only "news outlet" who have made that extraordinary claim that you have attributed to the Gazans was "FrontpageMag".

An outlet whose editor is no other than David Horowitz, of whom no introduction is needed for his biased views...
Original post by tsr1269
Google Maps is pretty up to date, why don't you use those in your images?

They are less illustrative then the UN map which shows more detail. What Google Maps shows is pretty much the same as what the UN map shows.
Original post by tsr1269
Except that cake was created in Connecticut and the only "news outlet" who have made that extraordinary claim that you have attributed to the Gazans was "FrontpageMag".

An outlet whose editor is no other than David Horowitz, of whom no introduction is needed for his biased views...

You seem to be confused. You were the one who raised that photo, not me. I didn't say it was that, in fact I specifically said I didn't know whether it was that photo. Nice try though :wink:

As I said, the blockade of Gaza is like the Siege of Leningrad. You know that, just say it.

[video="youtube;KhsjpTWsMh4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhsjpTWsMh4&index=12&list=UUawNWlihdgaycQpO3zi-jYg[/video]
Confidence boosters

The sun hasn't reached it's apex and here you are, having to feed juice to your friends.

In any case, perhaps you would like to return to our discussion if you believe my view on the issue is skewed. You did after all, leave right in the middle...
Original post by tsr1269
:blah:

Come on mate, just say it :wink: It's like the Siege of Leningrad, you know you want to say it.
You seem to be confused. You were the one who raised that photo, not me. I didn't say it was that, in fact I specifically said I didn't know whether it was that photo. Nice try though :wink:

As I said, the blockade of Gaza is like the Siege of Leningrad. You know that, just say it.

[video="youtube;KhsjpTWsMh4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhsjpTWsMh4&index=12&list=UUawNWlihdgaycQpO3zi-jYg[/video]

As I have said, the only "media outlet" reporting Cake and Gazans and Crane throws up "FrontpageMag".

Your claims are simply baseless and so erroneous, that they border on a shocking denial of reality...
Original post by tsr1269
Something about baseless claims :blah:

That's a bit rich. After you've been squeeling about "genocide".

Come on mate, just say it. The blockade of Gaza is like the Siege of Leningrad. Or maybe Stalingrad. You know you want to
Original post by tsr1269
They have the ID for that.

Iron dome isn’t fully effective against short range missile strikes.
People near the border with Gaza can be attacked before Iron Dome can intervene. Hence why they are invading to stop these short range attacks.

Where else shall they put them? Eventually, they are going to have to fire from cities. You said yourself, it is a "densely packed area"..

Gaza are fighting a war utilizing the urban environment to their advantage. If Hamas met on a flat surface they would be obliterated. Instead they are using the densely packed areas to their "advantage" in a human shield type fashion. They aren't the good guys here. They are doing just as much wrong by firing both missiles at Israel and from within Urban areas. The bombing of these locations is wrong but it is the militant wing who are firing from these locations in the first place!

Do you think the Israel should exist?

Are you stating it shouldnt?
Original post by tsr1269
:blah:

You've gone? Oh well, I have to head off now anyway so good timing. But I can't wait to hear you providing some backup for your genocide claim.

How many Palestinians have died in the last 50 years? Wasn't it like 6 million or something? Or did I mix that up with something else? Maybe it was 10,000. One or the other. Definitely a lot like the Armenian Genocide, or the Siege of Stalingrad
Come on mate, just say it :wink: It's like the Siege of Leningrad, you know you want to say it.

That's a bit rich. After you've been squeeling about "genocide".

Come on mate, just say it. The blockade of Gaza is like the Siege of Leningrad. Or maybe Stalingrad. You know you want to

You've gone? Oh well, I have to head off now anyway so good timing. But I can't wait to hear you providing some backup for your genocide claim.

How many Palestinians have died in the last 50 years? Wasn't it like 6 million or something? Or did I mix that up with something else? Maybe it was 10,000. One or the other. Definitely a lot like the Armenian Genocide, or the Siege of Stalingrad

Building a nice burnable strawman there for yourself? Make sure you don't stack any wet straw otherwise it won't burn as well...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Stevelee
Iron dome isn’t fully effective against short range missile strikes.
People near the border with Gaza can be attacked before Iron Dome can intervene. Hence why they are invading to stop these short range attacks.

Yet it's advertised as a "short range missile interceptor".

Gaza are fighting a war utilizing the urban environment to their advantage. If Hamas met on a flat surface they would be obliterated. Instead they are using the densely packed areas to their "advantage" in a human shield type fashion. They aren't the good guys here. They are doing just as much wrong by firing both missiles at Israel and from within Urban areas. The bombing of these locations is wrong but it is the militant wing who are firing from these locations in the first place!

That's a brilliant idea. In fact, to "level the playing field" as you seemingly want them to do, Israel should supply the same military equipment that they use to the Palestinians and then get a round or two of fighting in.

Are you stating it shouldnt?

Why are you getting so defensive? I'm merely asking YOUR opinion on the matter...
Original post by tsr1269
Clumsy and overwrought analogy

Still trying to avoid saying what you think it's comparable to? That's cool. I would too if I were in your position
They are less illustrative then the UN map which shows more detail. What Google Maps shows is pretty much the same as what the UN map shows.

I'm going to illustrate to you exactly why your theory about wastelands and sands and farm areas is flawed. In return, I expect assurances that you will respond and actively contribute and engage in a discussion so that ideas and opinions are exchanged and debated.

Before I endeavour on this task, do I have your assurance?

Latest

Trending

Trending