The Student Room Group

Anyone got any unique pets

Anyone got any unique pets like a rare animal or something?
When I was younger my sister got me a pair of baby chicks... Not the most original but also not something very common. :tongue:
Original post by jord089
Anyone got any unique pets like a rare animal or something?

I've got giant snails :biggrin:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I've got giant snails :biggrin:

I had African land snails once, but they :poo: everywhere, so I passed them on to a local nursery
Original post by ProppaNutty
I had African land snails once, but they :poo: everywhere, so I passed them on to a local nursery

:lol:

Yeah they do poo a LOT.
Some years ago I had a box tortoise for a pet. It was very shy, and eventually ran off.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Some years ago I had a box tortoise for a pet. It was very shy, and eventually ran off.

Soooo jealous! I want a tortoise :3
Parents have chickens which are a bit rare i suppose. and a pet shetland pony called scooby.

Not as exotic as giant snails but pretty cool.
Reply 8
I have a terrapin :biggrin:
Reply 9
I used to have a couple of small turtles :smile:
Reply 10
I have a Polecat, getting more and more popular now :smile:
Original post by cara12
I have a Polecat, getting more and more popular now :smile:

That is pretty cool. How big are they? How much effort to look after them?
Reply 12
Original post by Motorbiker
That is pretty cool. How big are they? How much effort to look after them?

He's only small, bout a foot long excluding his tail. Depends on your situation really. They're smart, playful, active and nosey. Mine can climb like a champ, his brother is fat as hell and loves food while his sister is good as a working pet. To feed they're pretty easy (just biscuits) need a lot of time to play with them and I'd suggest research before getting one :yeah:
I have a frilled dragon called Frank ^^
Reply 14
Original post by Jamie_11_x

Twerk it, Frank
Original post by Jamie_11_x

:3 Na'''aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! :love:
I have a chameleon which isn't a rare animal but its kind of a rare pet to own, I guess. I haven't met another cham owner yet anyway :P
Oh and I used to have a giant asian praying mantis and a ghost mantis. They were lovely :smile: I had my asian mantid from when it hatched and was less than a cm long until it was the length of my hand. Unfortunately they don't live very long :frown: rip mandy.

Quick Reply

Latest