The Student Room Group

The 14/15 NBA Season Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexschmalex
Really don't get why Cleveland didn't just wait a year to get Love and also keep Wiggins, even with Love they're not going near the title this year, such a waste imo

I would imagine it is because a) LeBrons contract is 2 years, so they would want to be seen to be making moves that could ensure him another ring. b)If they trade for Love they get his bird rights and can possibly encourage a discount. More leverage really. Plus Wiggins' trade value is at an all time high at the moment, what if he doesnt reach his potential or gets injured? Too many variables to risk not pulling the trigger on the trade imo.

Edit; Woj bomb:

The Summer of Love might be over soon. Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports is reporting the Minnesota Timberwolves have reached an agreement with the Cleveland Cavaliers to send Kevin Love to Cleveland in exchange for Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, and a protected 2015 first round pick. In addition to the agreement in principle, Cleveland has a "firm agreement" that Love will opt out of his contract in 2015 and agree to a five-year, $120 million-plus deal with the Cavs.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 121
Original post by alexschmalex
Really don't get why Cleveland didn't just wait a year to get Love and also keep Wiggins, even with Love they're not going near the title this year, such a waste imo

I wouldn't say no where near, if Irving stays healthy they're my favourite for the east and even though I don't see them beating a few teams in the west I'd say getting to the finals is pretty close and besides at that point anything can happen

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel that Wiggins will thrive in Minnesota and will have the chip on his shoulder that so many people wanted him to have.
I'm so late, but, in....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 124
Cleveland this , Cleveland that.

I would like to see the Cavs beat the Thunder this year
Doubt it'll happen. They will need to learn cohesiveness and more importantly - Love + Irving need to learn defense. Quality team though, can't wait to see what they can do.

I predict an ECF of Cavs vs Wizards or Heat (Bosh was good!) in the pititful east, and a WCF of Thunder - Spurs or Thunder - Clippers and a final of

Cavs vs Thunder - Thunder in 6.

Evidence: See Miami 2011, Thunder are super hungry this year too.
Thunder winning... Lol
I'm not saying this due to me being a Bulls fan, but IF they're consistently healthy, I see them getting out of the East in truth. They have a great passing front court and have added scoring options. Again though, it all depends on D Rose and how healthy he can be. 80% healthy or more D Rose = Championship contenders, less than 80% healthy D Rose/no D Rose = 2nd round play-off team.
Let's go lakers let's go! Lol I'll be happy if we make the playoffs this year, but that won't happen. That kobe contract, what were they thinking. Kind of secretly hope we don't do too well and the a high draft pick, top 5 otherwise it goes to the suns, for that Nash trade. Oh my. Hoping randle is a big hit this year though, not expecting anything from the lakers but were building for post kobe, so hopefully another couple of years and we'll be contenders!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IDukem
I'm not saying this due to me being a Bulls fan, but IF they're consistently healthy, I see them getting out of the East in truth. They have a great passing front court and have added scoring options. Again though, it all depends on D Rose and how healthy he can be. 80% healthy or more D Rose = Championship contenders, less than 80% healthy D Rose/no D Rose = 2nd round play-off team.

If D.Rose plays, he'll be 100% (which it looks like he will) - D.Rose at 80% is a reinjury risk.

I agree with you - Bulls are contenders this year!

As far as the West, for me it's a toss up between the Thunder and the Spurs as to who makes the finals. Can't really decide on one!
Original post by brighteyes1994
If D.Rose plays, he'll be 100% (which it looks like he will) - D.Rose at 80% is a reinjury risk.

I agree with you - Bulls are contenders this year!

As far as the West, for me it's a toss up between the Thunder and the Spurs as to who makes the finals. Can't really decide on one!

Would love the thunder to win a championship after years of coming close, but I just can't see them getting past that final hurdle when they have no playbook on offense. It's either kd or rw shooting ridiculous shots in crunch time. Scott brooks needs to draw up so serious plays, I think if they don't go to the finals this year Scott brooks might get the boot, but I like him so hopefully not. spurs are always there, as much as I hate to admit it's first class franchise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ibbyb94
Would love the thunder to win a championship after years of coming close, but I just can't see them getting past that final hurdle when they have no playbook on offense. It's either kd or rw shooting ridiculous shots in crunch time. Scott brooks needs to draw up so serious plays, I think if they don't go to the finals this year Scott brooks might get the boot, but I like him so hopefully not. spurs are always there, as much as I hate to admit it's first class franchise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah man, it's a shame to hold this team back with coaching that isn't ideal! Maybe time for a change!

Spurs just don't age, the amount of times I have heard that they're too old and they keep coming back!
Original post by brighteyes1994
Yeah man, it's a shame to hold this team back with coaching that isn't ideal! Maybe time for a change!

Spurs just don't age, the amount of times I have heard that they're too old and they keep coming back!

Tell m about it, I thought Duncan and popovich would've retired on a high but Duncan comes back and coach pop signs a Multi year deal lol don't know how they do it, but once again they'll be "old" and still probably make the west conference finals

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chiraq!
Hi Guys, so nice to see people discussing the NBA. Growing up in rural Norfolk meant I barely knew anyone that cared about basketball. 'It's a girls' game' was the most common response from football players -.-

I can't believe how weak the east is again going to be this year! The Cavs will need a year or two and the Pacers without Lance and PG are gonna be in a poor situation :frown: I can see potentially Washington surprising people, with Chicago and probably Cleveland being contenders.

The west on the other hand is so strong again. I want to believe that it's Durant's year as he so deserves it. I think the Spurs might now be one year too old, but we always say that.

Here's to a good season!
So what does everyone think of Melo and LBJ's new, leaner physiques?
Original post by Jingers

Pics?
Reply 137
Original post by Jingers

Worst decision ever. LBJ and Melo are bulls. Bulls don't lose weight.

Both players rely on their drive and I believe that this skill will be reduced massively.

As well as that, their defensive technique will now have to be altered.
Original post by S-man10
Pics?

It's awesome to see people discussing the NBA! I'm a Knicks fan and I don't like Melo's contract, and I seem to be the only person thinking that? my money is on Cavaliers, Bulls and Wizards to do well in the east, with the Thunder, Spurs and Clippers in the west. Harden's comments ruined any chance of the Rockets doing well, the fool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest