The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele Non-Drinkers

Scroll to see replies

I'm in Lindsay Court as well. I don't drink either.
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
I'm starting at Keele in September too, foundation year. I was really nervous initially but it's nice to know there will be other non-drinker/awkward people I can relate to :biggrin: I'm in Barnes, block C, anyone else?:smile:
Reply 42
Original post by LucyI2412
I'm starting at Keele in September too, foundation year. I was really nervous initially but it's nice to know there will be other non-drinker/awkward people I can relate to :biggrin: I'm in Barnes, block C, anyone else?:smile:

Im not in Barnes but we should all definitely meet up no matter which blocks we're in :smile:
Reply 43
I just read through the events for welcome week and there's practically an event a night that is specified as alcohol free. So plenty for us to do. Plus there are lots of daytime events too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had a look too, it looks like there will be quite a few events that could be good :smile: Does anyone have an idea of the general atmosphere at Keele? I currently live in Belgium so I have no experience of english universities at all :tongue:
Just fyi guys, there used to be a Keele Non-Drinkers Society formed especially for things like this (not necessarily for tee-totallers but just organising fun things to do that didn't involve alcohol). As I recall there were a good number of people interested and there were a few events held, but the society slowly faded.

Once you guys get together it might be worth considering starting it up again?

It'd look great on your CV and you'll all hopefully be around for some years to keep it going. It really isn't all that hard to start up a society either!
Original post by CamPards
hey! i'm going in september too, and i'm not a big fan of getting drunk and going out out, don't mind having a small drink and enjoying a good night with friends and games :tongue: hope i'm not the only one!

P.S i'm in linsay court anyone else?!

Not at Lindsay, I'll be at Barnes but I definitely agree with you haha! We will sure have loads of fun at Keele!!
Reply 47
Hey! I'm in Barnes, Block J. Studying Astrophysics and Music! Not exactly a non-drinker, but more like an occasional and extremely limited drinker. I am not a big fan of partying, though :smile: Happy to know there are more like me! I was worried that I might be the lonely one :biggrin: Haha!
Reply 48
This is exactly me! I'm not alone in the world :')
Original post by CharuVV
Hey! I'm in Barnes, Block J. Studying Astrophysics and Music! Not exactly a non-drinker, but more like an occasional and extremely limited drinker. I am not a big fan of partying, though :smile: Happy to know there are more like me! I was worried that I might be the lonely one :biggrin: Haha!

Don't worry you definitely won't be alone! :smile: I'm definitely not a fan of partying, I much prefer the idea of hanging out with a few nice people and actually talking and getting to know them :biggrin: I was really worried that I'd end up as the lonely socially awkward one x)
Reply 50
Don't worry you definitely won't be alone! :smile: I'm definitely not a fan of partying, I much prefer the idea of hanging out with a few nice people and actually talking and getting to know them :biggrin: I was really worried that I'd end up as the lonely socially awkward one x)

Haha! That's exactly what I like and prefer. Plus, partying every night (as mentioned in the Freshers' Week) sounds too exhausting! Haha.
It nice to have people like me around!
What are you studying?
Glad to know there's others like me here :smile: Anyone else on here going to be in Lindsay Court? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CharuVV
Haha! That's exactly what I like and prefer. Plus, partying every night (as mentioned in the Freshers' Week) sounds too exhausting! Haha.
It nice to have people like me around!
What are you studying?

I'm doing a foundation year, but I'm hoping to study biology and neuroscience after :smile: I'm in Barnes too, block C :smile:
Reply 53
I'm doing a foundation year, but I'm hoping to study biology and neuroscience after :smile: I'm in Barnes too, block C :smile:

Nice! :smile: I'm in Barnes block J. I'll be studying Astrophysics and Music :biggrin:
I like drinking but I don't like clubbing/partying. Although, peer pressure and all, I may end up caving in :')
Reply 55
So glad I'm not the only one. Was worried everyone was going to be interested in partying all the time haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anybody got accommodation in Liberty Court?
Original post by C0nfused_Student

I've got accommodation at Liberty but I want to get rid of it (I have a house). Do you know anyone who might be interested?
Original post by rjocooper1
I've got accommodation at Liberty but I want to get rid of it (I have a house). Do you know anyone who might be interested?

You can try posting it on the Facebook freshers page :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0nfused_Student

I'm going to be in Liberty Court, do drink, not much though.

Quick Reply

Latest