The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine (A100) Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kyalimers
English Lang & Lit are separate. I don't know about Statistics and Maths. May be best off dropping them an e-mail.

Ok thank you very much!! :-)
If something bad happens on Thursday, who should we be calling? E.g. if track does not confirm place

One week :cry:
Hey guys, you may or may not recognise me, I've posted on here once or twice about wanting to do medicine when I'm older, a few of you have replied:biggrin: Thanm you all very much for giving me some info on how to get in:wink: I just wanted to say, good luck next week, and I really do wish you all the best for next week and in your future as both a medical student and finally A DOCTOR!:wink:
Reply 1723
Hey :smile:

Good luck to everyone receiving results this week

I'm a 3rd year at the minute (well going into it anyway) at liverpool and I'm just here to offer any help/advice and answer any questions you might have

If you want to know ANYTHING at all now or even in the next 3 months get in touch don't be afraid to ask I'll do my best to help

If you want you can pm me on here or
My email is
medic2017 @ hotmail . com (minus the space of course)
If Ucas track on Thursday morning doesn't show a confirmed place (but also not unsuccessful) should we automatically ring liverpool medicine admissions, or wait until we get our results from college? Would this mean they're still considering us, or just that the website hasn't updated properly yet?

Sorry for the incessant questions, I'm just very nervous :/ hope most of us get what we want!
Reply 1725
Original post by Student 1
If Ucas track on Thursday morning doesn't show a confirmed place (but also not unsuccessful) should we automatically ring liverpool medicine admissions, or wait until we get our results from college? Would this mean they're still considering us, or just that the website hasn't updated properly yet?

Sorry for the incessant questions, I'm just very nervous :/ hope most of us get what we want!

I would ring them up if that happened. I remember reading it somewhere that the universities recieve your results on the weekend before results day, so they usually update track in time for results day.
Original post by Cutaneoplast™
All the best with A level results tomorrow, y'alls. Please join our Liverpool 2014 Entry Facebook Group once you have the unconditional offer. We shall welcome you all in the Medics Freshers Fair (straight after your Year 1 Induction lecture).

Cheers, thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/708552395845353/

Are you getting a commission haha?
Has anyone received accommodation offers?
Yeah...didn't get what I wanted though :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sarah24601

Posted from TSR Mobile

Medics hardly ever do.
Original post by Megamanshah
Has anyone received accommodation offers?

Yes :smile: Go on your Liverpool Life account, select accommodation and then click on the pinky-red box that says "your offer".
Original post by sarah24601

Posted from TSR Mobile

Be glad you got into medicine though! So gutted I missed grades
Original post by Student 1
Be glad you got into medicine though! So gutted I missed grades

Commiserations. I wish you the best of luck for the future!
Commiserations. I wish you the best of luck for the future!

Thank you :smile:
Medics hardly ever do.

Ahh would make sense >:/
But Carnatic is deffo growing on me now, so should be okay! Can't wait to start now! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys. Did anyone else receive a letter from Liverpool about the MSC Excluded Students Database? It is requesting a signed consent to share one's information with other UK medical schools in the event of being excluded from the medical school on the grounds of fitness to practice.
Any way I received this after returning the occupational health questionnaire. Is it just me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheYorkist
Hi guys. Did anyone else receive a letter from Liverpool about the MSC Excluded Students Database? It is requesting a signed consent to share one's information with other UK medical schools in the event of being excluded from the medical school on the grounds of fitness to practice.
Any way I received this after returning the occupational health questionnaire. Is it just me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got that in the post on Thursday, in the same package as the health questionnaire :smile: I think they send it out to everyone
Oh good. I was thinking a decision on my fitness to practice has been made based on the information I've put in the questionnaire.
Congratulations on achieving the conditions of your offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheYorkist
Oh good. I was thinking a decision on my fitness to practice has been made based on the information I've put in the questionnaire.
Congratulations on achieving the conditions of your offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :smile: Well done to you for getting in too! :thumbsup:
Just a question to current students, do you suggest we brush up on any biology before starting? I haven't studied biology for over a year and I've forgotten most of it, so I'm a bit concerned I'll have a lot of catching up to do...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending