The Student Room Group

OCR Physics 21st century GCSE **Grade boundaries**

I'vs sat the P123, P456 and P7 GCSE Physics papers and they were the hardest they'd ever been in my opinion and i wanted to ask how other people felt about them. Also and prediction on grade boundaries?
Reply 1
P123 boundaries are going to be low, I'd be surprised if an A* is more than 35.

P456 will probably be high 30s for an A*.

P7 I don't know. Possibly around 40 for an A*.

The gaps between grades will probably be around 6 marks.

But I don't know for sure, naturally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yay an OCR 21st grade boundaries thread! P123 for sure will have the lowest grade boundary, I have a feeling it might be around 33 or 32 for an A* (as Krollo said above I really would not expect it to exceed 35). P456 might be about 37ish for an A* and P7 possibly 39-40 as it was probably the easiest out of all the Ps. ^-^
Reply 3
Original post by physicalgraffiti
Yay an OCR 21st grade boundaries thread! P123 for sure will have the lowest grade boundary, I have a feeling it might be around 33 or 32 for an A* (as Krollo said above I really would not expect it to exceed 35). P456 might be about 37ish for an A* and P7 possibly 39-40 as it was probably the easiest out of all the Ps. ^-^

I agree, everyone I've spoke to about the paper (even teachers) said it was the hardest papers they have seen and assumed the boundaries would be low.
Reply 4
Original post by Krollo
P123 boundaries are going to be low, I'd be surprised if an A* is more than 35.

P456 will probably be high 30s for an A*.

P7 I don't know. Possibly around 40 for an A*.

The gaps between grades will probably be around 6 marks.

But I don't know for sure, naturally.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the reply i do hope the boundaries are low... but no-one knows for sure....:confused::confused:
Original post by Eez97
I agree, everyone I've spoke to about the paper (even teachers) said it was the hardest papers they have seen and assumed the boundaries would be low.

Yep! I'm pretty definite that boundaries will be low this year, I mean most of the people in the country struggled a lot with the papers, even the most able students, so they should be very low without a doubt :smile: that's how it works after all :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest