The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by barneystin
nice. you gonna drop your golden handshake on some nice Tom Ford three pieces?

Nah, no golden handshakes for me :frown: . Just a grad job. But hopefully it's onwards and upwards from here. At least I can afford some Arsenal games now rather than worrying about student debt. #The/important/things/in/life.

Original post by Zürich
x

Original post by B-Stacks
x

Ok, my analysis of North London may have been brash, slightly misguided and based on my limited experience of North London beyond Central London.
Reply 3502
Original post by Zürich
North London has more nice bits than South, nearly as many as West. Hampstead, St Johns Wood, Totteridge, Highgate is serious big boy money whereas South just has loads of respectable middle class bits. Even Islington, once a place for artists and actors, is full of bankers these days and the only rough bits are north of Holloway these days. But these places are on the fringes and nobody has much reason to go there ever. Holloway itself is a pretty dreary place these days, but it's full of young professionals and definitely not a ****-hole. Whereas in South you just have these ****holes slap bang in the middle, Elephant and Castle, Peckham etc.

South London is just a bit pointless and boring in all honesty. There are some vaguely interesting bits like Clapham but in between you just have acres of forgettable, suburban like areas where dentists and teachers live! Have never been able to get my bearings in South, it's just like a collection of little areas rather than a sprawling metropolis you have North of the river. How long does it take to get into central from South compared to North for instance. You're barely part of this city at all.

I'm going to have to get a flat sometime this year and atm I'm gravitating towards Dalston/Hackney and the more interesting hipster places East London areas. Definitely a more interesting vibe around these places for a young guy. North London is a bit too gentrified and familiar these days.

My plan is to own a house on the Bishops Avenue one day, and to be a season ticket holder ❤️
When Shane Long sells for £12m, Giroud for £10m doesnt look so bad :dontknow:
Original post by barneystin
you know which kit he would look really good in?

A Stoke kit.

Giroud
Bojan Arnautovic

That front 3 :coma:

No kit tbh :coma:
Ibrahimovic is going to retire in 2 years when his current contract with PSG runs out. That puts more pressure on Cavani, and means they probably won't sell him now. Good.
Original post by BenAssirati
Ibrahimovic is going to retire in 2 years when his current contract with PSG runs out. That puts more pressure on Cavani, and means they probably won't sell him now. Good.

Trust me they will sell him lol. Football is a fast moving game, players or teams won't wait years for players to be their main striker. Especially as they need the funds to sign Di Maria and stay in line with FFP

Posted from TSR Mobile
Eboue lel guy makes me laugh man.
Original post by jam278
Eboue lel guy makes me laugh man.

:lol: The last one is just... incredible.
'Pulis' future at palace is uncertain'

What the hell..

- I remember reading back last spring in interviews with pulis and the owner of palace, there there were tensions between the two, and their relationship was not great..

And now it surfaces again..

Seems stupid though, as lets be honest, after what pulis did last season, the owner of palace should be down on his nees with his mouth open, if thats what pulis wanted.
Original post by SHOO
My plan is to own a house on the Bishops Avenue one day, and to be a season ticket holder ❤️

if was on £300k/week at Arsenal, I'd live in a luxury flat in Hampstead.

Flats are just better than houses imho
Original post by fallen_acorns
'Pulis' future at palace is uncertain'

What the hell..

- I remember reading back last spring in interviews with pulis and the owner of palace, there there were tensions between the two, and their relationship was not great..

And now it surfaces again..

Seems stupid though, as lets be honest, after what pulis did last season, the owner of palace should be down on his nees with his mouth open, if thats what pulis wanted.

I agree. The tension has to be over spending and different ambitions. Palace have only spent £2.4M which is a bit disappointing. I think Parish is being overly cautious on the financial aspect, if you don't invest you'll get relegated.

Works in our favour opening day hopefully. Our squad and club as a whole is more settled
Original post by Zürich

why do you think so? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich

I like top apartments tbf. There's so much more space in the living room. Parties seem easier to do as well.

If I had a top quality flat I'd take that over a very good house. Unless I get a mansion/ridiculous plot of land ofc.
Original post by The Assassin
why do you think so? :smile:

Flat=20/30 something man about town, very easy to fill up with a small amount of luxury stuff to make look epic.
House=old man stuck in one place, wondering when the plumber is going round every other week

If you think about the amount of space you actually use in your home, a flat is actually no less practical.

You can also get flats in epic locations on major high streets etc which is cool imo. Imagine having a flat on High St Ken or something :teeth:

Original post by jam278
I like top apartments tbf. There's so much more space in the living room. Parties seem easier to do as well.

If I had a top quality flat I'd take that over a very good house. Unless I get a mansion/ridiculous plot of land ofc.

Yeah that's it, with a flat your life is such neater and together. Invite a few friends around and have a blast, rather than having people wandering around your pointlessly big house.
(edited 9 years ago)
ah you city people..

Cant think of anything worse then a flat above a high-street..

Give me an old house in the countryside, massive garden, nice town somewhere not to big, not to small.. easy route to a city if needed..

Perfect
My dad bought a two bedroom apartment in North London for about £2,000 in the 70s which is ridiculous considering the average annual salary was higher than that in those days. The property market today is ****ed up anyway, and most of us graduates are basically ****ed in the ****ing arse now. If you want a two-bedroom, luxury apartment in any of the nicer areas of London you're looking to shell out at least £250,000+ whilst earning an average salary of about £25,000 before tax, living expenses, travel, etc. Its difficult to get and unless you want to spend £300-500+ p/w renting its pointless imo.
(edited 9 years ago)
Just give me a place with a swimming pool, an internet connection and a zombie bunker and I am happy.
Steve Parish is so dumb he'll regret this. Why didn't he just back Tony Pulis?
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest