The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by solaars
If it's high (not from the UK so I'm not quite sure), state it. AAB sounds fine to me. Anyway I think it's most likely your experience / capacities which will be important.

Is it nice? I thought of applying there. Didn't in the end. How's university in London? Got my place at UCL confirmed.
What degree are you doing?

It's okay i don't study so I like it lol. London is great. Partying is the best! I do mechanical engineering.

When do you think you will apply for spring weeks?
Original post by thelion0
It's okay i don't study so I like it lol. London is great. Partying is the best! I do mechanical engineering.

When do you think you will apply for spring weeks?

Can't wait to start yeah. Kind of a party-study-play-work-(sex) hard experience but let's face it, I like it. I'll be doing Economics myself.

I don't know, I'm testing the water. I think I'll apply mid October. Early enough to be around the top of the list, late enough to be involved in some stuff at uni. I'm still working on my CV though. I need to figure out a smart way to talk about the not so smart stuff I did during my internship.. You?
Original post by solaars
Can't wait to start yeah. Kind of a party-study-play-work-(sex) hard experience but let's face it, I like it. I'll be doing Economics myself.

I don't know, I'm testing the water. I think I'll apply mid October. Early enough to be around the top of the list, late enough to be involved in some stuff at uni. I'm still working on my CV though. I need to figure out a smart way to talk about the not so smart stuff I did during my internship.. You?

Hmm I guess thats the same time I'll apply. I want to boost my application. I didn't do a lot in my first year. My CV is really good tbh so it's just a matter of researching the companies.
Original post by thelion0
Hmm I guess thats the same time I'll apply. I want to boost my application. I didn't do a lot in my first year. My CV is really good tbh so it's just a matter of researching the companies.

Sounds like the best option.
Do you mind sending it to me? I'll send you mine afterward, maybe we can help each other out.
Original post by solaars
Sounds like the best option.
Do you mind sending it to me? I'll send you mine afterward, maybe we can help each other out.

Sure
Hi Guys,

Just got my results in and everything looks good for going on this day!

Anyone else definitely going?

Thanks,

Nathan
For banks that offer divisional spring weeks (e.g. GS), is it a terrible idea to apply to a division that isn't your main interest but that'll be less competitive to get into just to get a good name on your CV?
Original post by Refrigerator
For banks that offer divisional spring weeks (e.g. GS), is it a terrible idea to apply to a division that isn't your main interest but that'll be less competitive to get into just to get a good name on your CV?

I don't think it's worth it personally, in that you just wouldn't enjoy it, and it wouldn't really give you a platform to apply to the division you'd like to be in come Summer, but it's not a terrible idea. I guess it's viable.
Original post by John Maddon
Hi Guys,

Just got my results in and everything looks good for going on this day!

Anyone else definitely going?

Thanks,

Nathan

Ah, thanks for the heads up. I almost forgot to send off my CV. Good job on your results - see you at the BN :smile:
Anyone else here going to be at the Citi networking event on Monday?
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Anyone else here going to be at the Citi networking event on Monday?

I am, although I'm not sure what to expect.
Original post by jamesrorytiffin
I am, although I'm not sure what to expect.

Presentations which tell you what they want to hear in applications; networking so you can put a name to the experience. Pretty much setting you up to apply to them. See you there!
Does anybody know if Elite Boutiques IB offer spring weeks? If yes, which one(s)?
Thanks.

I think everyone now knows where they will be going at university in september. Anyone at UCL for Economics?
I'm considering applying for a spring week at an investment bank, simply because I feel I need to at least try it before deciding on my career.

I'm going to be doing Chem Eng via NatSci next year at Cambridge, will they be able to help me out and will there be careers fairs etc where I can ask questions? Because I know little about the ins and outs of applying etc.
Original post by CD315
I asked this a few pages back. I think as long as you're at a target and can network well then your chances of an interview increase. If I'm wrong then someone can correct me but that's the feeling I've got after talking to a few people who have been through it.

Is KCL a target or will I have to gate crash UCL's events haha.
Original post by shahbaz
Is KCL a target or will I have to gate crash UCL's events haha.

Gate crash brah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also stupid question, do you get paid for SW and do you get paid?
Original post by solaars
Does anybody know if Elite Boutiques IB offer spring weeks? If yes, which one(s)?
Thanks.

I think everyone now knows where they will be going at university in september. Anyone at UCL for Economics?

Rothschild only but Lazard have networking events/presentations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by will2348
Gate crash brah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice, will do, but I think its legit because its part of UOL.
Original post by Davelittle
I'm considering applying for a spring week at an investment bank, simply because I feel I need to at least try it before deciding on my career.

I'm going to be doing Chem Eng via NatSci next year at Cambridge, will they be able to help me out and will there be careers fairs etc where I can ask questions? Because I know little about the ins and outs of applying etc.

There will be plenty of events and societies at Cambridge to help, yes. Plenty of information online as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending