The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Pharmacy at Bradford

Whos firmed pharmacy at bradford and whats your insurance? Also are there any current students out there with opinons on the course..
Reply 1
Bump
Running gap year here, will be back to uni. Firmed last year.
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Reply 2
Original post by 954013804
Bump
Running gap year here, will be back to uni. Firmed last year.

So you'll be starting this September?
Reply 3
Original post by IshaqAli
So you'll be starting this September?

yes mate.:wink:
yourself?
In terms of the course of pharmacy at Bradford its called team based learning (tbl). It started back in 2012 and has been running successfully since two years. Its a very different way to teaching, something which you might not experience in other universities. Most universities teach you through the traditional lecture based system, here in Bradford you would pretty much need to self-teach yourself throughout the degree. I mean you will get help here and then from the lecturers but mostly it is a very independent course, if you can tackle challenges and most importantly teach yourself then Bradford's tbl is perfect for you otherwise it's not. If you need any more information in regards to the timetable of a typical mpharm student at Bradford or whether its about accommodation please feel free to quote me, and I will be more than happy to help out anyone. :smile: Good luck ! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Paracetamolpharm
In terms of the course of pharmacy at Bradford its called team based learning (tbl). It started back in 2012 and has been running successfully since two years. Its a very different way to teaching, something which you might not experience in other universities. Most universities teach you through the traditional lecture based system, here in Bradford you would pretty much need to self-teach yourself throughout the degree. I mean you will get help here and then from the lecturers but mostly it is a very independent course, if you can tackle challenges and most importantly teach yourself then Bradford's tbl is perfect for you otherwise it's not. If you need any more information in regards to the timetable of a typical mpharm student at Bradford or whether its about accommodation please feel free to quote me, and I will be more than happy to help out anyone. :smile: Good luck ! :biggrin:

I dont understand.. if its a mainly you teaching yourself what are we paying 9k a year for -.- do you think tbl makes it harder compared to the traditional way of studying a degree I.e. via lectures...
Original post by IshaqAli
I dont understand.. if its a mainly you teaching yourself what are we paying 9k a year for -.- do you think tbl makes it harder compared to the traditional way of studying a degree I.e. via lectures...

Yes that was one of the questions posed by our student reps that what do we pay 9000 pounds for. However , I don't think that the lecturers will change their tbl system as originally , Bradford used to run through lecture based system. I definitely think that tbl is harder than a lecture based system , at least that's what my experience says can't talk for others they might find it easier but I doubt that. Also with the tbl system tou get weekly tests like in a school , that is the hardest bit.
(edited 9 years ago)
The team-based learning system enables teaching staff to tailor queries that come up and facilitate learning by providing instant feedback - the idea being that students can learn faster. There is always more than one member of staff in the room, each from a different discipline, which helps students to understand why science is relevant to practice. This is something that the GPhC (General Pharmaceutical Council), who accredit Bradford's course, want to see.

The University of Bradford introduced team-based learning for this course in 2012 and this has led to the full six-year accreditation, which is the maximum accreditation period that a university can get.

You can watch our introduction to team-based learning here:
[video="youtube;VwgE_3lMaTY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwgE_3lMaTY[/video]

There's some more information here

(edited 9 years ago)
You can watch student Lorene Bannon talking about team-based learning here
[video="youtube;gcdIrqrfCsE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcdIrqrfCsE#t=39[/video]

Quick Reply