The Student Room Group

Biology unit 3 edexcel gce jan 2014

How did u all guys find WBIO7 paper edexcel board? This forum is to discuss the grades and biology unit 3.
Is this AS or A2?

Was it hard ?
Whats the main difference between the International specification and the normal one from 2008?
Reply 3
Original post by EdexcelBioUnit3
Is this AS or A2?

Was it hard ?

Nope but think grade boundaries might be high because most of the people have told the paper was easy.
Edexcel biology unit 3 paper is always meant for AS. Easy for me.
Reply 4
Whats the main difference between the International specification and the normal one from 2008?

International specification is for international centers outside the UK.
2008 is the GCE Alevel. Now its changed to IAL.
UK CENTERS have the unit 3 and unit 6 to write reports. This is not for international centers instead its just like a practical written paper.
Hi,

How should the Unit 3 be structured? Should it be like an essay or should it following the headings of the marking structure?
Reply 6
Is this AS or A2?

Was it hard ?

AS Level unit 3 biology. Oh! lol the paper code for IAL is WBIO7
fOR ME IT is not hard hopefully!!!
Reply 7
Original post by SarahSmith123
Hi,

How should the Unit 3 be structured? Should it be like an essay or should it following the headings of the marking structure?

Oh no! You have to go through the syllabus specification available on the edexcel website http://www.edexcel.com

No essay types. If you know the practicals it is easy you will be able to answer very easily. No worries. It can include be any type. So far if you know all the practicals required for as level then you can answer. One sample of unit 3 link is given below
http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/QP%20GCE%20Curriculum%202000/January%202013%20-%20QP/6BI07_01_que_20130107.pdf
Reply 8
What was the answer for the first multiple choice question?
Reply 9
Original post by Ali_97
What was the answer for the first multiple choice question?

Check the mark skeme
Original post by Sena5
How did u all guys find WBIO7 paper edexcel board? This forum is to discuss the grades and biology unit 3.

Did you sit your igcses in uk?
Reply 11
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
Did you sit your igcses in uk?

No
But it's not a must to sit the paper in UK alone. The same papers with the same exam board is given worldwide in the british council.
Reply 12
Hi everyone, I'm an international student and I struggled a lot in writing the AS unit 3 biology coursework. I've got only 24/60, and it dragged all my other papers down to grade C. I'm re-sitting in Jan and I hope to get some advices from you guys. I'm feeling quite depressed after receiving the results today. And thank you very much!
Reply 13
Original post by Huong
Hi everyone, I'm an international student and I struggled a lot in writing the AS unit 3 biology coursework. I've got only 24/60, and it dragged all my other papers down to grade C. I'm re-sitting in Jan and I hope to get some advices from you guys. I'm feeling quite depressed after receiving the results today. And thank you very much!

Learn the biology revision guide. It helped me achieve B.:smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Sena5
Learn the biology revision guide. It helped me achieve B.:smile:
Well you must be very good at English writing then. I was given a guide too. Anyway, thanks for your tip.
Reply 15
Original post by Huong
Well you must be very good at English writing then. I was given a guide too. Anyway, thanks for your tip.

Guide in the sense see this link - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-Biology-Revision-Guide-Sciences/dp/1846905982

Quick Reply

Latest