The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kruz
Steve Parish is so dumb he'll regret this. Why didn't he just back Tony Pulis?

Its over transfers. Pulis feels he isn't getting the money to fund the players he wants. Parish wants Zaha, Pulis doesn't and wants to spend money elsewhere. Skepticism of Pulis' targets are understandable to a degree, as he has a history of really misusing funds in the transfer market, but it doesn't really justify the lack of freedom he is getting.

Pulis is a stubborn manager, really. Its not surprising these two clashed. Funnily enough, its not so bad for Pulis because we know that three, maybe even four mid-table, lower-table PL managers will be sacked mid-way and he'll be front runner for a more attractive team as soon as that happens.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3521
If someone mentions Tony Pulis record of never being relegated one more times I will tear my ******* ear drums out. It's SO frickin annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
If someone mentions Tony Pulis record of never being relegated one more times I will tear my ******* ear drums out. It's SO frickin annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

wenger's never been relegated either. GOAT.
Reply 3523
Original post by barneystin
wenger's never been relegated either. GOAT.

Neither has Moyes. But Moyes has also been promoted in England.

So Moyes> Wenger

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW

So Moyes> Wenger

Posted from TSR Mobile

but wenger sold adebayor for 25 m

moyes on the other hand bough fellaini... twice.
With all of this talk of strikers, may I point something out: Wenger has had over 1000 games for Arsenal, and never scored.

It is clear what must be done. Wenger out.

Spoiler

Original post by FKLW

So Moyes> Wenger

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok then ... Biggest load of toss ever

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am hearing Cavani rumours, for big money. I hope it is not true, I don't rate him. CDM is more of an important matter.
Original post by Tom_Ford
I am hearing Cavani rumours, for big money. I hope it is not true, I don't rate him. CDM is more of an important matter.

no reliable sources, none at all.
i'm sure you're interested, but i would seem very odd for wenger to spend 50m on cavani when he still needs to secure a defensive player

you've already spent a "fair" bit this window - i of course expect you to have money left, but i wouldn't expect you to go big for cavani.
if you do though, the rest of us are screwed :/
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
no reliable sources, none at all.
i'm sure you're interested, but i would seem very odd for wenger to spend 50m on cavani when he still needs to secure a defensive player

you've already spent a "fair" bit this window - i of course expect you to have money left, but i wouldn't expect you to go big for cavani.
if you do though, the rest of us are screwed :/

Cavani is an overrated troll. If we get him, I would maintain this position until he wins us a title.
Original post by Tom_Ford
Cavani is an overrated troll. If we get him, I would maintain this position until he wins us a title.

fair enough, your own opinion on a player is allowed.
however i disagree - that guy would do wonders at arsenal.

i'm not gonna go in to details of his scoring record because i'm sure you've heard it all over the last few weeks
but he still performs at a high standard even when not playing in his primary position; it would cost a great deal however if you secured a quality DM and bought cavani, i'd place a bet on you for the league.
just seen the pulis news.

if i were an arsenal fan, i'd be really happy.
you were gonna win anyway but palace without pulis will make this a ridiculously easy game for you guys.

never want to see a quality manager lose his job, but i'm not worried for him - he'll have offers all over the place.
cavani - DM - Defender

Would be a 10/10 window for me..

Cant believe it would ever happen though

Most likely:

Tiote - Uknown CB
Original post by fallen_acorns
cavani - DM - Defender

Would be a 10/10 window for me..

Cant believe it would ever happen though

Most likely:

Tiote - Uknown CB

Theres no chance we'd go for tiote
Apparently we are considering Tiote. :frown:

Cavani is like a less good Falcao. I want a CF and a DM, but I don't honestly think we *need* them.
fair enough, your own opinion on a player is allowed.
however i disagree - that guy would do wonders at arsenal.

i'm not gonna go in to details of his scoring record because i'm sure you've heard it all over the last few weeks
but he still performs at a high standard even when not playing in his primary position; it would cost a great deal however if you secured a quality DM and bought cavani, i'd place a bet on you for the league.

How many times have you watched cavani at psg? I'm taking an educated guess at 0 times and you are recycling someone else opinion. He plays nothing like a traditional winger at psg and often finds himself through the middle
Original post by baconbutty
How many times have you watched cavani at psg? I'm taking an educated guess at 0 times and you are recycling someone else opinion. He plays nothing like a traditional winger at psg and often finds himself through the middle

only seen him in the champions league - i'm merely going off his stats and what i've heard from others whose opinions i value.

never said he does, but he doesn't play straight up top because that's where ibra plays.
i don't care how he works when he's on the field, i was just saying that his record at PSG (however he decides to score/assist in a match) is excellent considering he isn't in his preferred position.

seriously butty you're just trying to pick fights now; it's getting a little embarrassing and frankly people are bored with you now.
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Theres no chance we'd go for tiote

I really hope so, -seeing it on the BBC rumours page, worried me
only seen him in the champions league - i'm merely going off his stats and what i've heard from others whose opinions i value.

never said he does, but he doesn't play straight up top because that's where ibra plays.
i don't care how he works when he's on the field, i was just saying that his record at PSG (however he decides to score/assist in a match) is excellent considering he isn't in his preferred position.

seriously butty you're just trying to pick fights now; it's getting a little embarrassing and frankly people are bored with you now.

Bear in mind Ibra was injured for a massive amount of time this year, so Cavani mostly found himself trying to fill in Ibra's position. He played up top for a large period of time, and even when he is deployed as a 'winger' he frequently runs up in front of Ibra/Lavezzi etc. If you don't care how he works when he is on the field, why are you saying he would work well on the field for Arsenal?

And considering how most of your posts include insults or passive aggressive remarks, it is hilariously hypocritical for you to criticize butty for 'trying to pick fights'. Bear in mind you are a Scouser fan on the Arsenal thread.

Latest