Interested in 'ANIME' and joining 'The university of Lincoln'? Watch

Deanna_Graham17
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello,

To anyone out there who is interested in Japanese Anime and Media and are starting at the university of Lincoln in September it would be really awesome to talk to you before then.

Peace out !!!!
Deanna_Graham17
Rep:
?
Hoping for a reply soon ... xD
93jm
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't know a lot about it but they have a society http://lincolnsu.com/activities/anime my mate was in it in first year
Anonkuni
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I guess i would fall into that category, i enjoy anime, although i don't watch as much as i would like to. I only started watching it a few years ago so i haven't seen too many either.
emmarosebeanz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Deanna_Graham17)
Hello,

To anyone out there who is interested in Japanese Anime and Media and are starting at the university of Lincoln in September it would be really awesome to talk to you before then.

Peace out !!!!
I'm going to Lincoln in September, I'm studying TV and Film and I guess I can say I'm kind of interested in anime and manga because I NEVER watch it, I just enjoy drawing it! haha
Deanna_Graham17
Rep:
?
(Original post by 93jm)
I don't know a lot about it but they have a society http://lincolnsu.com/activities/anime my mate was in it in first year
Yeah I'm part of the society myself, joining again in September looking to find afew ppl who are also interested in it and the society xD
Deanna_Graham17
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonkuni)
I guess i would fall into that category, i enjoy anime, although i don't watch as much as i would like to. I only started watching it a few years ago so i haven't seen too many either.
Ah kl XD what sorta anime have you watched so far then? I've seen too many to count myself haha XD, take it Ur joining Lincoln in September what you doing??
Deanna_Graham17
Rep:
?
(Original post by emmarosebeanz)
I'm going to Lincoln in September, I'm studying TV and Film and I guess I can say I'm kind of interested in anime and manga because I NEVER watch it, I just enjoy drawing it! haha
Haha that's kl, I love Japanese animation styles probably why I started watching it in the first place XD. I've not long finished my undergraduate at lincoln but I'm doing an masters in animal behaviour. I've been a member of the anime society if Ur interested at all you should look into it XD.
Anonkuni
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ah kl XD what sorta anime have you watched so far then? I've seen too many to count myself haha XD, take it Ur joining Lincoln in September what you doing??
starting in september studying computer science, i could write you a list but it wouldn't be very impressive - mostly gateway animes and popular ones.

How many people roughly are in this society?
Deanna_Graham17
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonkuni)
starting in september studying computer science, i could write you a list but it wouldn't be very impressive - mostly gateway animes and popular ones.

How many people roughly are in this society?
Haha that's fine XD. And Erm alot of people join haha, all with varying subject they are studying. It was really overwhelming for me cause I had no idea, thought it would be a small society xp. I think last year there was about 30 or so show up regularly to sessions, but total members is probably much higher. Sounds like alot but it's a really friendly environment and it makes it more likely to find ppl with common interests. It's really busy on the first session back cause they hold a raffle with lots of goodies XD.
Cromazoneable
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I only recently started watching anime (around April I think) but I have been on somewhat of a tear since then.

I'm heading to Lincoln this year for Computer Science (Games Computing)

Be sure to hit me up, as I haven't really had the chance to talk about any anime with my friends as it's not really their bag.
Deanna_Graham17
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cromazoneable)
I only recently started watching anime (around April I think) but I have been on somewhat of a tear since then.

I'm heading to Lincoln this year for Computer Science (Games Computing)

Be sure to hit me up, as I haven't really had the chance to talk about any anime with my friends as it's not really their bag.
Awesome xD, have you joined the JAMS FB pg and Community Group yet? Its a gd place to start meeting anime obssessed ppl at lincoln lol. What sorta stuff you been watching then?
Anything in particular caught ur eye, so to speak
Cromazoneable
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Awesome xD, have you joined the JAMS FB pg and Community Group yet? Its a gd place to start meeting anime obssessed ppl at lincoln lol. What sorta stuff you been watching then?
Anything in particular caught ur eye, so to speak

I haven't not yet, I'll have to check it out (cheers for the heads up)

Not gonna lie, a lot of mainline stuff: Persona 4 Animation, Attack on Titan, Kill la Kill & JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
They're the main ones, also a couple of small romance ones but I always seem to run into issues with them

I just finished up Gurren Lagann last week, and that is by far and away my favourite. It resonates just right with me.
JoJo slips in second, but that may just be my love with the source material.
Deanna_Graham17
Rep:
?
I haven't not yet, I'll have to check it out (cheers for the heads up)

Not gonna lie, a lot of mainline stuff: Persona 4 Animation, Attack on Titan, Kill la Kill & JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
They're the main ones, also a couple of small romance ones but I always seem to run into issues with them

I just finished up Gurren Lagann last week, and that is by far and away my favourite. It resonates just right with me.
JoJo slips in second, but that may just be my love with the source material.
haha thats a pretty good selection there. I enjoyed Kill la Kill and Attack on Titan but not as much as most people xD. Personally I tend to watch a huge mix depending on my mood, but I do like my romance and slice of life. My all time Favourite is Clannad and Clannad After Story, but a much more recent faviourite has to be 'No game, No life'
not seen Gurrn Lagann all the way through yet, but saying that I have a very long to watch list lmao. Lack of internet connection recently also puts me back on anime i really wanna watch haha. It did perk my interest with the 1st ep though xD.
I know afew people who tell me to watch JoJo but never been convince lol.
Cromazoneable
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
haha thats a pretty good selection there. I enjoyed Kill la Kill and Attack on Titan but not as much as most people xD. Personally I tend to watch a huge mix depending on my mood, but I do like my romance and slice of life. My all time Favourite is Clannad and Clannad After Story, but a much more recent faviourite has to be 'No game, No life'
not seen Gurrn Lagann all the way through yet, but saying that I have a very long to watch list lmao. Lack of internet connection recently also puts me back on anime i really wanna watch haha. It did perk my interest with the 1st ep though xD.
I know afew people who tell me to watch JoJo but never been convince lol.
I'll have to check them out.

Yeah, JoJo's very... umm, unique, let's say that xD It does seem to be a thing of either it clicks or it doesn't

Ah, I've been saving my ass off for the Gurren Lagann complete collection that comes out the start of September. So there's a potential ice breaking session to be had there ;P
Deanna_Graham17
Rep:
?
I'll have to check them out.

Yeah, JoJo's very... umm, unique, let's say that xD It does seem to be a thing of either it clicks or it doesn't

Ah, I've been saving my ass off for the Gurren Lagann complete collection that comes out the start of September. So there's a potential ice breaking session to be had there ;P
haha yeah, Ill usually give most anime a go, but with my back log building up I'd rather watch the thing I know I will deffo enjoy haha xD
Ill be at the JAMS stall at the societies fair in freshers week lol. Will probably be in cosplay havent decided yet
BK108
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Now that I've been accepted I'm sure I'll be looking to meet more anime and manga fans coming to Lincoln. I'll definitely be looking out for JAMS at the societies faire. I've been following quite a few new shows this summer and I've also seen quite a few older ones so hoping I can find some people interested in similar shows.
Deanna_Graham17
Rep:
?
(Original post by BK108)
Now that I've been accepted I'm sure I'll be looking to meet more anime and manga fans coming to Lincoln. I'll definitely be looking out for JAMS at the societies faire. I've been following quite a few new shows this summer and I've also seen quite a few older ones so hoping I can find some people interested in similar shows.
xD you deffo shouldn't have any problem finding ppl with similar interests at lincoln xD. Which series you been watching this summer?
Deanna_Graham17
Rep:
?
Hi guys,

Feel free to add me on FB and Chris Pelling (Treasurer), who is also part of JAMS. you can find us on the community group, heres Chris for ease:

https://www.facebook.com/sora.99215

He is into JoJo, kuroko no basket, mahouka, no game no life ... As well as many others. Like me he is pretty much into most anime genres. xD
BK108
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
xD you deffo shouldn't have any problem finding ppl with similar interests at lincoln xD. Which series you been watching this summer?
That's good to here. At the moment I've been watching the new Kuro****suji, Free! Eternal Summer, Love stage!! and Dramatical murder, I've also seen a bit of no game no life but haven't properly watched that yet.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (73)
15.97%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (46)
10.07%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (88)
19.26%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (64)
14%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (48)
10.5%
How can I be the best version of myself? (138)
30.2%

Watched Threads