The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Saleem Aslam
Wow how come you are getting such a low amount?
Mine is like £55 per week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I really messed up on the calculations, I'm awful at maths but I did it a silly way when looking at how much i'll have on my first term.

Basically on the 24th September I'll get my grant payment of £1129.00 and the loan payment of £1274.46
so 1129.00 + 1274.46 = 2403.46
I have16 weeks until my next installment comes into my bank, all 16 weeks need rent paying for (apparently we pay rent over Christmas break? :s-smilie:)
124.95 x 16 = 1,999.20

so 2403.46 (grant and loan) - 1999.20 = 404.26

404.26 - 16 = £25.26

I've probably really embarrassed myself with that wrong formula but yeah, I'm very worried. Specially baring in mind that this is my cheapest accommodation, Vine Court single is something over £130 and Crown Place double is something in between :eek:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by hellsbellshelen
I think I really messed up on the calculations, I'm awful at maths but I did it a silly way when looking at how much i'll have on my first term.

Basically on the 24th September I'll get my grant payment of £1129.00 and the loan payment of £1274.46
so 1129.00 + 1274.46 = 2403.46
I have16 weeks until my next installment comes into my bank, all 16 weeks need rent paying for (apparently we pay rent over Christmas break? :s-smilie:)
124.95 x 16 = 1,999.20

so 2403.46 (grant and loan) - 1999.20 = 404.26

404.26 - 16 = £25.26

I've probably really embarrassed myself with that wrong formula but yeah, I'm very worried. Specially baring in mind that this is my cheapest accommodation, Vine Court single is something over £130 and Crown Place double is something in between :eek:

Oh ****!!!
Just realised you are absolutely right, Now I know where I messed up :/
So basically I'm going to receive £1129 grant and £1191 loan in the first term :/
What i did was total amount of Grant + Loan which was £6997 for me
Then subtract the Rent from the overall total and divide the rest of the money between 39 weeks :frown:
Looks like me and you may be in the same boat
Remember though apply for as many jobs as possible
That is what I'm planning.
**** now I'm really really worried about it.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
YAY WE GONNA STARVE :banana:
You can always reject your accommodation at Crown Court and apply for accommodation elsewhere. It works out cheaper tbf and there's many other options. Look here:

http://www.liverpoolstudenthomes.org/Accommodation

Some even have bills included so if you are worried about your finances, just rent elsewhere for cheaper and you'll get a few more nights out and more to spend on food. Hope that helps! :smile:
Anyone know what the word 'Studio' actual means for Crown Place?

The description/video are annoyingly unhelpful.

It says 'self-contained Studios available', but that's as far as it goes in its explanation.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Massives
Anyone know what the word 'Studio' actual means for Crown Place?

The description/video are annoyingly unhelpful.

It says 'self-contained Studios available', but that's as far as it goes in its explanation.

its basically when you have your own room, kitchen, bathroom and small living room area. yes, I agree the website needs to update its pictures.
does anyone know what's included in a studio ( crown place) other than the basic stuff like bed desk and chair ...
Fridge ? dishwasher ?
MicroWave?
Couch or table maybe ?

i know i'm supposed to buy all the kitchen utensils. ( pots, plates etc...)
but i hope that i won't have to buy white goods as well :smile:
Oh ****!!!
Just realised you are absolutely right, Now I know where I messed up :/
So basically I'm going to receive £1129 grant and £1191 loan in the first term :/
What i did was total amount of Grant + Loan which was £6997 for me
Then subtract the Rent from the overall total and divide the rest of the money between 39 weeks :frown:
Looks like me and you may be in the same boat
Remember though apply for as many jobs as possible
That is what I'm planning.
**** now I'm really really worried about it.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I THOUGHT I GOT THAT WRONG WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :frown:

Yeah at first I did the add up accommodation cost over 39 weeks and then take that away from total loan and grant and then divide by 39, then I was looking at £60 a week :/
I have no savings either...
I THOUGHT I GOT THAT WRONG WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :frown:

Yeah at first I did the add up accommodation cost over 39 weeks and then take that away from total loan and grant and then divide by 39, then I was looking at £60 a week :/
I have no savings either...

Haha looks like we both did that
What are going to do about freshers etc if you have no savings?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha looks like we both did that
What are going to do about freshers etc if you have no savings?

Posted from TSR Mobile

DIE.

Well I'm a local, drinks are cheap here so I reckon predrink... 1.5 litre of vodka = £22.50 (asda) and freshers wristband... **** I haven't thought this through.
Can anyone tell me when will the rooms be accessible?? Or do they tell us after our appications are confirmed?? thank u
Original post by LawrencePocock
Can anyone tell me when will the rooms be accessible?? Or do they tell us after our appications are confirmed?? thank u

I know for Vine Court it's September 20th, it says when you get your offer, before you accept it:smile:
If I'm correct, Liverpool has the bursary too which every student receives? I think it's about £2,200 if you're receiving the highest amount from SF!
Original post by WishyyWoshh
If I'm correct, Liverpool has the bursary too which every student receives? I think it's about £2,200 if you're receiving the highest amount from SF!

When I rang up that only begins to be processed in November though :frown: Living off £20 a week until then (assuming I only spend £20 total during freshers including food etc) will be hell 😩
Original post by WishyyWoshh

Not every student: http://www.liv.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/finance/scholarships/liverpool-bursary/
All of these people saying that they're going to be on like £75 a week are going to be in for a shock, do the calculations my way and you'll soon realise you're ****ed ahaha
All of these people saying that they're going to be on like £75 a week are going to be in for a shock, do the calculations my way and you'll soon realise you're ****ed ahaha

I just have to eat paper for a month :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
When will we find out about accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krazy_b
When will we find out about accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

you need to check Liverpool life :smile:
Out of curiosity what accommodation did you people get?

Quick Reply