The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Trent Accommodation - Glasshouse

Has any other freshers had to be put in the private accommodation called the glasshouse? Don't want to get there to find I'm the only first year :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by waddy34
Has any other freshers had to be put in the private accommodation called the glasshouse? Don't want to get there to find I'm the only first year :smile:

I am waiting for a confirmation email so I can pay my deposit :smile: how long did it take you to hear from them?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by CSmith73
I am waiting for a confirmation email so I can pay my deposit :smile: how long did it take you to hear from them?

I haven't heard from them yet. However I rang NTU accommodation line and they said that all NTU freshers will be together in Glasshouse so there will be no 'Uni of Nottingham' or 2nd/3rd years in my flat which I am so happy about.

Just wanna get there now!!!
Reply 3
Original post by waddy34
I haven't heard from them yet. However I rang NTU accommodation line and they said that all NTU freshers will be together in Glasshouse so there will be no 'Uni of Nottingham' or 2nd/3rd years in my flat which I am so happy about.

Just wanna get there now!!!

Same, I'm ready to go! :smile: I rang the mansion student line and asked why I hadn't heard anything, they said not to worry, they are dealing with loads of applicants so they'll get to you when they can. That's great, it'd be really awkward with a bunch of 2nd/3rd years! :wink: What course are you doing?
Reply 4
I am doing Joint Honours Philosophy and History... Call me Socrates haha.

What about you?
Reply 5
Original post by waddy34
I am doing Joint Honours Philosophy and History... Call me Socrates haha.

What about you?

haha :biggrin:
You at the Clifton campus then?

English with Creative Writing
Reply 6
Yeah its gonna be a mooch for 9am starts :frown: haha

Sounds creative :wink:
Reply 7
Original post by waddy34
Yeah its gonna be a mooch for 9am starts :frown: haha

Sounds creative :wink:

I know! At least I'll have someone to get the bus with :wink: You heard anything about getting bus passes?

Should be, my imagination goes a little crazy sometimes! :wink:
I was originally on the History course but transferred cos I didn't get into my first choice
Reply 8
I know! At least I'll have someone to get the bus with :wink: You heard anything about getting bus passes?

Should be, my imagination goes a little crazy sometimes! :wink:
I was originally on the History course but transferred cos I didn't get into my first choice

Nope gonna look into it once I have confirmed my accommodation. I'm still waiting for them to get back to me.
Reply 9
So am I, starting to get slightly frustrated. Let me know when you hear from them
Reply 10
So am I, starting to get slightly frustrated. Let me know when you hear from them

Same, it's going to be Monday now and I go to Leeds Fest on Wednesday so i really need it sorted.

Will let you know, will you let me know if you hear first.
Reply 11
Original post by waddy34
Same, it's going to be Monday now and I go to Leeds Fest on Wednesday so i really need it sorted.

Will let you know, will you let me know if you hear first.

Have fun at Leeds! Will do :smile:
Reply 12
Have fun at Leeds! Will do :smile:

Cheers uni mate haha
Reply 13
Original post by waddy34
Cheers uni mate haha

It has just occurred to me that I don't even know your name! haha
Hey guys! I'm going into the Glasshouse too :smile: I'm studying media, so will be at Clifton :smile: I just wanna get there now though! Anyone know anything about bus passes or anything?
Reply 15
Original post by Friends-Rules
Hey guys! I'm going into the Glasshouse too :smile: I'm studying media, so will be at Clifton :smile: I just wanna get there now though! Anyone know anything about bus passes or anything?

Hi there :smile:
I know someone who's in their 2nd year on that course, they love it!
All I've heard so far is that the bus stop is 5 minutes away, runs about every 7 minutes and is half an hour away from the uni. The woman on the admissions line said a 1 year pass would roughly be £199.

Hope that helps :smile:
Hi there :smile:
I know someone who's in their 2nd year on that course, they love it!
All I've heard so far is that the bus stop is 5 minutes away, runs about every 7 minutes and is half an hour away from the uni. The woman on the admissions line said a 1 year pass would roughly be £199.

Hope that helps :smile:

Oh really? AWESOME! It looks like a great course :banana:
That bus sounds pretty reliable, which is great :smile: Thank you for the info, I didn't know any of that so it was super helpful! £199 isn't too bad for a full year! :bl:
Reply 17
Original post by Friends-Rules
Oh really? AWESOME! It looks like a great course :banana:
That bus sounds pretty reliable, which is great :smile: Thank you for the info, I didn't know any of that so it was super helpful! £199 isn't too bad for a full year! :bl:

Glad I could help :smile:
Let us know when you hear from Glasshouse :biggrin:
Reply 18
It has just occurred to me that I don't even know your name! haha

My name is Sam haha, I don't even know yours haha
Reply 19
Original post by waddy34
My name is Sam haha, I don't even know yours haha

I'm Cat :smile: hi! haha

Quick Reply

Latest