The Student Room Group

Priority Remark AQA?!

How long does an AQA priority remark take? It's for English Lit if that matters.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've heard that it can take up to a week. I have also sent my AQA lit paper off for a re-mark. I think a lot of people are in the same position.
Reply 2
Original post by llamaspoon
How long does an AQA priority remark take? It's for English Lit if that matters.

It will get back to you by 31st August. This means it complies with the UCAS deadlines and allows universities to hold your place until the outcome
Reply 3
I'm in AS and I just missed the grades the are required for me to apply to the university that I want to go to. Could I get a priority remark so that I could apply to university with my new remakrked grades? If not then when could I apply to get a normal remark? Do I have to wait till school starts and how long will that take?

Thanks for your time.
I have got a priority remark and was told that they have to tell you by the 20th which is next week so that we have plenty of time to meet the deadline which is the 31st.
Original post by cyan kat
I have got a priority remark and was told that they have to tell you by the 20th which is next week so that we have plenty of time to meet the deadline which is the 31st.

Which subject was that for?

I'm having 2 units remarked, Spanish Oral and Spanish Writing. I wonder if these two marks will come back at the same time?

Also does anyone know what the minimum time for a remark coming back is?
Original post by naveed121
I'm in AS and I just missed the grades the are required for me to apply to the university that I want to go to. Could I get a priority remark so that I could apply to university with my new remakrked grades? If not then when could I apply to get a normal remark? Do I have to wait till school starts and how long will that take?

Thanks for your time.

I'm pretty sure priority remarks are only meant for A2 students whose places depend on them. I wouldn't worry too much about not meeting your grade as Unis will usually judge you more on your predicted grades from teachers and your personal statement than AS grades unless you are applying to oxbridge.
Original post by PrinceyJ
Which subject was that for?

I'm having 2 units remarked, Spanish Oral and Spanish Writing. I wonder if these two marks will come back at the same time?

Also does anyone know what the minimum time for a remark coming back is?

Psychology exam, I was told the minimum is 48 hours but i'm doubtful that they will do it over the weekend.
Original post by cyan kat
Psychology exam, I was told the minimum is 48 hours but i'm doubtful that they will do it over the weekend.

Ahh okay. Well it's nice to know that it could be any time from Monday morning.
I sent my Request in on Thursday 15th October for a priority remark. Hoping that the wait is short. It’s a week tomorrow and I am so anxious.
Do sent my request for an AQA priority remark of biology on results day. Not heard a dickie bird. I am sick with worry.

Anyone heard anything
Reply 11
Original post by LittleWilly
Do sent my request for an AQA priority remark of biology on results day. Not heard a dickie bird. I am sick with worry.

Anyone heard anything

Haven’t heard anything either: I sent my aqa a level psychology for priority remark on results day.
Original post by sma99
Haven’t heard anything either: I sent my aqa a level psychology for priority remark on results day.

I hope they get results back before the end of the week.
Haven't heard back for physics either, sent all 3 papers for remark...
Reply 14
I hope they get results back before the end of the week.

Hopefully :smile:
Reply 15

Anyone heard anything

Here's how long AQA take to respond to priority remarks on average:

2016: 6.5 days
2017: 5.8 days
2018: 8.5 days

I'm guessing you'll get a response very soon.
We have a bank holiday in the way. Sigh.
anyone heard from AQA?
Reply 18
Original post by davidskis17
anyone heard from AQA?

Not yet :frown:
Nothing at all. Refreshing my email every few minutes

I’m waiting for my AQA biology requrst d on results day.

Quick Reply

Latest