The Student Room Group

I'm worried

I wanted to apply to med school but with my a level results,that seems far from possible. I want to resit but from what i learned most uni's want results from papers sat only once. I dont know what to do because i cant apply to uni with such terrible grades.
Reply 1
What about a foundation year?
Original post by sophiejeg
I wanted to apply to med school but with my a level results,that seems far from possible. I want to resit but from what i learned most uni's want results from papers sat only once. I dont know what to do because i cant apply to uni with such terrible grades.

Have you had a look at the individual uni entry requirements?
Reply 3
Original post by Nirgilis
Have you had a look at the individual uni entry requirements?

I am about to move on to A2. I haven't started applying yet but I don't know if I should still go for medicine because there's a very high chance of rejection

I resat a core maths module in my AS year and I'm off to Cambridge in October, so it doesn't matter too much. They accept that everyone has off days occasionally. The issue is if you are resitting multiple exams or resitting the same exam more than once
I am about to move on to A2. I haven't started applying yet but I don't know if I should still go for medicine because there's a very high chance of rejection

Well, before you make such a rash decision, why not do some research into it? You may still have a chance, just go digging about on the uni website :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by EwanWest
I resat a core maths module in my AS year and I'm off to Cambridge in October, so it doesn't matter too much. They accept that everyone has off days occasionally. The issue is if you are resitting multiple exams or resitting the same exam more than once

in this case,i'm probably resitting more than one module
Biomedical sciences related degrees is another option....opens two routes...PhD and medicine later on....but you'll have to fund medicine yourself as a second degree if you go this route
Reply 8
Original post by Nirgilis
Well, before you make such a rash decision, why not do some research into it? You may still have a chance, just go digging about on the uni website :tongue:

Thanks. I'll keep looking

Quick Reply

Latest