The Student Room Group

What type of Uni am I looking at for next year?

Got my AS levels yesterday, essentially what I got was A B B (the 3 subjects I'm taking next year). Then add on C for general studies and D for the subject I'm dropping. Upon simply doubling my 3 subjects and general studies' grades, my UCAS points would work out as 430. However i'm likely to be predicted A A A for my 3 main subjects.

So at this rate, i'd like to know, what level of Uni's would I be looking at? Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1
Leeds - York - Bristol range?
UCAS points are going to be irrelevant if you get ABB or upwards.

If you do get ABB upwards you'll be able to apply for most universities below the top top unis, depending on subject of course.
Original post by El-Presidente
Leeds - York - Bristol range?

Sounds great cheers pal!
Original post by Conzy210
UCAS points are going to be irrelevant if you get ABB or upwards.

If you do get ABB upwards you'll be able to apply for most universities below the top top unis, depending on subject of course.

Thanks man, what do you classify as the top tier? Cambridge, Oxford, St Andrews? How far down?
Original post by HoneyBadger123
Thanks man, what do you classify as the top tier? Cambridge, Oxford, St Andrews? How far down?

The likes of Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, Durham etc I'd class as top tier.

It depends what subject you want to study and what subjects you currently study though, it's almost impossible to simply state universities you could apply too.
The likes of Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, Durham etc I'd class as top tier.

It depends what subject you want to study and what subjects you currently study though, it's almost impossible to simply state universities you could apply too.

Subjects are Geography, History and Economics. Want to study is still undecided sadly :s-smilie:
With ABB you could go for some very good Universities. Most of the Russell Group bar the very top would be open to you.

This year especially people have gotten into Universities by the likes of Bristol and Exeter for competitive subjects with ABB.
Original post by HoneyBadger123
Subjects are Geography, History and Economics. Want to study is still undecided sadly :s-smilie:

All well respected subjects, once you decide on the subject you want to study and put together a strong application you'll have lots of doors open to you.

If you manage to get AAA instead of ABB, more doors will of course be opened, leaving very few locked.

Just work out what you want to study at university, then really research where is likely/not likely to accept you.
Original post by SmaugTheTerrible
With ABB you could go for some very good Universities. Most of the Russell Group bar the very top would be open to you.

This year especially people have gotten into Universities by the likes of Bristol and Exeter for competitive subjects with ABB.

Sounds promising thanks! :smile:
All well respected subjects, once you decide on the subject you want to study and put together a strong application you'll have lots of doors open to you.

If you manage to get AAA instead of ABB, more doors will of course be opened, leaving very few locked.

Just work out what you want to study at university, then really research where is likely/not likely to accept you.

Thanks man, much help.
I have a friend who has just got into Durham with ABC and applied with a predicted BBB .
Original post by rhiannon277
I have a friend who has just got into Durham with ABC and applied with a predicted BBB .

Wow, what course?
Hi guys
I got my results as below:
Maths (Further maths):A*
Physics: a
Computing: b
Initially I was planning to apply to UCL for mechanical engineering, but the b in computing worries me. Do you think I will still have a chance to get into UCL(or Bristol)??
Thanks
Original post by SmaugTheTerrible
Wow, what course?

Archaeology, not everyone's idea of a good time but she just wanted to go to Durham

Quick Reply

Latest