The Student Room Group

A level maths remark.

I received my A-level marks yesterday and was 1 mark off a A* (90 C3 and 89 C4). I have read the threads on this topic but I am still unsure of what to do. Is it worth having one or both remarked to try and obtain that extra mark to get an A* or just retake one or both?

My dilemma is marking maths is not the same as marking a written subject and I have no idea what the chances are of me gaining that extra 1 mark is.

Can anyone give me some solid advice and if anyone has had a positive or negative experience being in this situation before?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Chrisdav
I received my A-level marks yesterday and was 1 mark off a A* (90 C3 and 89 C4). I have read the threads on this topic but I am still unsure of what to do. Is it worth having one or both remarked to try and obtain that extra mark to get an A* or just retake one or both?

My dilemma is marking maths is not the same as marking a written subject and I have no idea what the chances are of me gaining that extra 1 mark is.

Can anyone give me some solid advice and if anyone has had a positive or negative experience being in this situation before?

Hey, just moving this to the Maths forum for you :smile:

Quick Reply