The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jollygood
Hiya thanks got the offer. Can you please tell me what campus to put down ? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mentioned it in my post - it's W

Medicine | MBBS (5 Years), Full time

UCAS Code: A100, Institution Code: Q50, Campus Code: W

UCAS application deadline: 15 October

Original post by hpcp
Hey
I was just wondering if I stand a chance at barts (from your experiences)
I have 690 ukcat and about 600 ucas tariff
Bit worried about tariff because I've seen that they don't count qualifications and things and they are issues about that
I have speech and drama exams, do you suggest that I call them and just confirm that each of my exams count? The speech and drama exams are found on the ucas table though

Posted from TSR Mobile

To have obtained an interview invite last year you would have needed 20 more in your UKCAT (710) and 40 more UCAS points (640).

I would say you are around the cut-off but I feel you might need more UCAS points to feel safe regarding Barts. Do call them up and ask regarding your extra qualifications - if they do count then you should be good to apply!
Original post by General Maximus
I mentioned it in my post - it's W

Medicine | MBBS (5 Years), Full time

UCAS Code: A100, Institution Code: Q50, Campus Code: W

UCAS application deadline: 15 October

Thanks alot. I have added this choice when will they confirm this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
To have obtained an interview invite last year you would have needed 20 more in your UKCAT (710) and 40 more UCAS points (640).

I would say you are around the cut-off but I feel you might need more UCAS points to feel safe regarding Barts. Do call them up and ask regarding your extra qualifications - if they do count then you should be good to apply!

thank you :smile: Where did you find this data? Is it available for previous years?
Do you think the ukcat average might go down this year? I was looking at the averages and there was a really large increase last year due to the easy DA in comparison to other years, and people have said it's harder this year than last year. (it's hard to judge as I've never done it before!)
it's risky, but it's my top choice so I don't know if I should just go for it and then with my other 3, apply a bit better?
Thanks alot. I have added this choice when will they confirm this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Should do pretty soon (it took mine a few minutes). But you'll get the confirmation soon, so there's no need to worry!

Original post by hpcp
thank you :smile: Where did you find this data? Is it available for previous years?
Do you think the ukcat average might go down this year? I was looking at the averages and there was a really large increase last year due to the easy DA in comparison to other years, and people have said it's harder this year than last year. (it's hard to judge as I've never done it before!)
it's risky, but it's my top choice so I don't know if I should just go for it and then with my other 3, apply a bit better?

Doesn't matter if it goes up or down, just aim for the right percentile, usually top 15-10% should be enough (if that's 755, or 690 we won't know until all UKCAT examinations have been taken). I do believe that the average UKCAT score will be lower this year; compared to last year (which was around 660).

The data can be accessed here: http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/FAQs/99618.pdf
Oh my god...
TUrns out I may get in for September 2014, but a definite September 2015 deferred entry.

Now a really difficult decision!
Original post by Matthew150
Oh my god...
TUrns out I may get in for September 2014, but a definite September 2015 deferred entry.

Matthew check my PM - I'm glad for you bro :smile:

I'll message you
Reply 3747
Oh my god...

What grades did you get, if you don't mind me asking ?

I'll message you

Will do mate!

Original post by 2272
What grades did you get, if you don't mind me asking ?

AAAC (1 mark off an A* in Chem)
What about you?
Has everyone that added clearing choice got the confirmation of their place? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll message you

Hey mate, I can't find anything from you? :smile:
Reply 3751
Will do mate!

AAAC (1 mark off an A* in Chem)
What about you?

Wow that's awesome, congratulations on the offer
I just missed the requirement and got AABC.. :frown: not sure whether to give up hope or not
How did they contact you + were you on the waiting list?
I'm just trying to understand what they're doing this year
Should do pretty soon (it took mine a few minutes). But you'll get the confirmation soon, so there's no need to worry!

Doesn't matter if it goes up or down, just aim for the right percentile, usually top 15-10% should be enough (if that's 755, or 690 we won't know until all UKCAT examinations have been taken). I do believe that the average UKCAT score will be lower this year; compared to last year (which was around 660).

The data can be accessed here: http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/FAQs/99618.pdf

Okay thank you :smile: How much lower do you think it would be? I need to submitted my application before all the UKCAT exams are taken and the data is released - will submit it around mid September. I think the data is released on the deadline or something?

Are you going to Barts this year?
Original post by 2272
Wow that's awesome, congratulations on the offer
I just missed the requirement and got AABC.. :frown: not sure whether to give up hope or not
How did they contact you + were you on the waiting list?
I'm just trying to understand what they're doing this year

Thank you very much! I'm still feeling confused!
Aww, really sorry to hear it, they're still amazing grades!
I was on the original waiting list, and just got it through attached to an email.
It's all very confusing!
Oh my god...

Has everyone that added clearing choice got the confirmation of their place? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll message you

Congrats guys on getting your offers, what a life changing feeling! See you all in September :wink:
can you still apply for accomodation?
Original post by jaishiva
can you still apply for accomodation?

No idea, I've asked them what will happen if I do get 2014 entry!
lol I got the same thing
I was on the waiting list, just received an email today saying I might get in this september but I'm secured for a place in 2015 September.
grades A*A*A*A*AA
I'm quite happy as I didn't get any other medicine offers, I thought I was going to study biomed all the way lol
Original post by ms_star
lol I got the same thing
I was on the waiting list, just received an email today saying I might get in this september but I'm secured for a place in 2015 September.
grades A*A*A*A*AA
I'm quite happy as I didn't get any other medicine offers, I thought I was going to study biomed all the way lol

Well fingers crossed for both of us then in terms of this September! On the phone they said there were only 7-10 of us on this extended waiting list, so fingers crossed!
And they're pretty amazing grades!
Hiya im a potential applicant for 2015 entry! I know general studies isnt accepted as one of your 3/4 A-levels but do they include general studies or a second language a-level when they calculate your ucas tariff score to select for interview?:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending