The Student Room Group

Pretty bad AS results :(

Hi. So i got really bad AS results D-chemistry, E-economics, C-biology and I kinda don't know what to do now. At my current school they said i can't carry on with economics so I'll only have two a-levels. But I wouldn't be able to go to the unis of my choice. Originally I wanted to go to a Russel Group Uni but thats out of the question.

So I looking on the Internet of one year A-level, so basically retaking some of my modules of AS and continuing A2. There are privates ones which are too expensive for me but I've found some state schools which do it. The only problem is it's kinda a risk, and I'm scared that I might fail again.

Or I can just retake the year, but I want that to be my last option.

So can anyone give me advice? (Sorry for the bad grammar)
Those are actually really good results
Original post by MAESTRO265
Those are actually really good results

Not particularly if he wants to continue to higher education.
what do you want to do and you can get into a russel group uni even if your A levels took 3 years
Original post by ForgottenApple
Not particularly if he wants to continue to higher education.

Universities like Bolton would take you on those grades
Reply 5
Your grades aren't that bad

I got BDDU

I think that you should resit economics but carry on with it. I got a D in chemistry too coz of one exam so I'm retaking that. I suggest you do the same for economics if one exam has brought down your grade

But it's really about whether you would be willing to resit the whole year or just retake those exams on top of A2 exams
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by niceguy95
what do you want to do and you can get into a russel group uni even if your A levels took 3 years

I want to do biochemistry at university, it's just that I hate my sixth form alot and I was so happy to only have one more year left
Original post by _bob_
I want to do biochemistry at university, it's just that I hate my sixth form alot and I was so happy to only have one more year left

i got offered 3 russel group unis for pharmacy and it took me 3 years to do A levels after getting DEED in my first attempt at AS. so i repeated it again and got my A*AB and distinction in the BTEC i did.

I didn't go to any of them, cuz i didn't like open days tho.

or you can just loads of resists and work hard next year

Your results aren't bad btw
Reply 8
Original post by niceguy95
i got offered 3 russel group unis for pharmacy and it took me 3 years to do A levels after getting DEED in my first attempt at AS. so i repeated it again and got my A*AB and distinction in the BTEC i did.

I didn't go to any of them, cuz i didn't like open days tho.

or you can just loads of resists and work hard next year

Your results aren't bad btw

oh yeah, I think I'm going to try hard and redo them next year because the only russell group uni I liked was kings. Where did you go for uni?
Reply 9
I was predicted 3 A's for my AS results, I got BCC. Do you think it's possible to get predicted grades of AAA-AAB? I know it's the teachers opinions but is possible to achieve these grades? Also with the 2 C's they are quite high with the furthest mark from a B was 10 marks away in one module, what would I need in my A2 to get 3 A's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Shanzii
Your grades aren't that bad

I got BDDU

I think that you should resit economics but carry on with it. I got a D in chemistry too coz of one exam so I'm retaking that. I suggest you do the same for economics if one exam has brought down your grade

But it's really about whether you would be willing to resit the whole year or just retake those exams on top of A2 exams

yeah because I got E and a D in the economics exams and my school will only let me retake one so I was thinking of paying some edexcel to allow me to retake the other.
Original post by _bob_
Hi. So i got really bad AS results D-chemistry, E-economics, C-biology and I kinda don't know what to do now. At my current school they said i can't carry on with economics so I'll only have two a-levels. But I wouldn't be able to go to the unis of my choice. Originally I wanted to go to a Russel Group Uni but thats out of the question.

So I looking on the Internet of one year A-level, so basically retaking some of my modules of AS and continuing A2. There are privates ones which are too expensive for me but I've found some state schools which do it. The only problem is it's kinda a risk, and I'm scared that I might fail again.

Or I can just retake the year, but I want that to be my last option.

So can anyone give me advice? (Sorry for the bad grammar)

I wrote a bit about my own experience http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2055250
Reply 12
Original post by _bob_
yeah because I got E and a D in the economics exams and my school will only let me retake one so I was thinking of paying some edexcel to allow me to retake the other.

Yeah you should but only if it is a low D, if it was a few marks off a C then it'll be better to retake the other exam alone

Quick Reply

Latest