The Student Room Group

My clearing success story!

I had Geography at the University of Nottingham firmed, however - I did not meet the requirements due to my grades of BCD D*

They gave me the alternate offer of Sociology at Nottingham, I was apprehensive about this and wondered if I could change.

I started to look through clearing all of yesterday and today, and I applied for the University of Sheffield, who were interested in my GCSE results and anything that may strengthen my application.

Much to my surprise I got in! Despite the AAB requirement on the website, I am so happy!

I have already changed my student finance and have cancelled existing accommodation arrangements with Nottingham, and will look for new places for Sheffield's halls tomorrow!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jinks_
I had Geography at the University of Nottingham firmed, however - I did not meet the requirements due to my grades of BCD D*

They gave me the alternate offer of Sociology at Nottingham, I was apprehensive about this and wondered if I could change.

I started to look through clearing all of yesterday and today, and I applied for the University of Sheffield, who were interested in my GCSE results and anything that may strengthen my application.

Much to my surprise I got in! Despite the AAB requirement on the website, I am so happy!

Congratulations - Sheffield is an excellent university
Reply 2
Original post by Jinks_

I have already changed my student finance and have cancelled existing accommodation arrangements with Nottingham, and will look for new places for Sheffield's halls tomorrow!

Congrats on getting into Sheffield! Plus your studying the degree you were originally interested in which is a bonus!
Was it for Geography? Do you think they'll take BCC or did they accept you in particular because of your GCSEs?

Congratulations
Congrats, Sheffield seemed awesome when I looked at it. :biggrin:
You must have charmed them, especially for them to move down from AAB. ~
Reply 5
Original post by LordScumbag
Congrats, Sheffield seemed awesome when I looked at it. :biggrin:
You must have charmed them, especially for them to move down from AAB. ~

Thank you! :smile: I do have that effect on people, I explained my GCSE's I got A's apart from my C in maths and I explained that I had 2 years unpaid work experience as a TA at a primary school.
Well done. Sheffield is like the best university in the county it is in.
Reply 7
Original post by Johnathon23
Was it for Geography? Do you think they'll take BCC or did they accept you in particular because of your GCSEs?

Congratulations

Thanks! Yes for Geography BA, I got offered BSc too. Well, you never know until you try! My GCSE's were A's apart from my maths. Which was a C.
Original post by Jinks_

Congratulations I hope you have a very nice time there.
Original post by Jinks_
Thanks! Yes for Geography BA, I got offered BSc too. Well, you never know until you try! My GCSE's were A's apart from my maths. Which was a C.

Out of curiosity, what made you pick BA as opposed to Bsc?
Reply 10
Out of curiosity, what made you pick BA as opposed to Bsc?

I know there are a lot of different modules, I just prefer the topics covered in Human Geography as appose to phsyical. :smile:
Original post by Jinks_
I know there are a lot of different modules, I just prefer the topics covered in Human Geography as appose to phsyical. :smile:

I know next to nothing about Geography, my knowledge is basically:

Human Geography: Population, diversity, peoples!
Physical: Rivers, erosion, rocks!

Haha. But I wish you the best anyway and I hope you enjoy it. :biggrin:
Reply 12
I know next to nothing about Geography, my knowledge is basically:

Human Geography: Population, diversity, peoples!
Physical: Rivers, erosion, rocks!

Haha. But I wish you the best anyway and I hope you enjoy it. :biggrin:

Oh, well - if you included coloured pencils to your knowledge there you would have become a certified Geographer! Thanks for your kind words and I hope you have fun at your respective course :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending