The Student Room Group

Zoology Uni of Liverpool 2014

Hey guys!

Just wondering who else is studying Zoology at Liverpool Uni this September? I'm staying at Vine Court so I thought I'd say hello in the meantime :smile:

Sorry if this thread has been posted somewhere already.
I'm studying Zoology at Liverpool! But I'm staying at home because I only live 15 minutes away :smile:
Hey Danielle! Looks like we're gonna be classmates :biggrin:

Oh that's convenient for you :smile: What made you want to study Zoology?
Original post by smileysarah94
Hey Danielle! Looks like we're gonna be classmates :biggrin:

Oh that's convenient for you :smile: What made you want to study Zoology?

Sorry only just saw your comment! Well I wanted to do marine biology originally but decided I wanted to learn about a wider variety of animals and not just marine organisms, you? I just finished a foundation year at ljmu so i hope UoL will be just as good if not better :biggrin: have you had any info on welcome week yet?
Original post by danielleharrison
Sorry only just saw your comment! Well I wanted to do marine biology originally but decided I wanted to learn about a wider variety of animals and not just marine organisms, you? I just finished a foundation year at ljmu so i hope UoL will be just as good if not better :biggrin: have you had any info on welcome week yet?

No worries. I actually wanted to study veterinary medicine and I had an interview at UoL last year but didn't get an offer. So instead, I decided to take a year out and apply for Zoology because I really liked the diversity of the course. I hope to reapply for veterinary medicine once I graduate but we'll see how things go :smile: I'm just happy I've got a place at uni! What did you study for your foundation year?

Yes, I received my welcome week pack this morning so you shouldn't have to wait too long for yours :smile:
No worries. I actually wanted to study veterinary medicine and I had an interview at UoL last year but didn't get an offer. So instead, I decided to take a year out and apply for Zoology because I really liked the diversity of the course. I hope to reapply for veterinary medicine once I graduate but we'll see how things go :smile: I'm just happy I've got a place at uni! What did you study for your foundation year?

Yes, I received my welcome week pack this morning so you shouldn't have to wait too long for yours :smile:

I would have loved to have done veterinary medicine but i'm not clever enough :') I hope you end up getting to do it! :biggrin: I did natural sciences. I have my welcome pack now but it doesn't seem to have a timetable in it or the dates of induction, it says that they're on the liverpool life page but when ive logged on and clicked the link to the timetable it says 'no timetable available' :s-smilie:
Original post by danielleharrison
I would have loved to have done veterinary medicine but i'm not clever enough :') I hope you end up getting to do it! :biggrin: I did natural sciences. I have my welcome pack now but it doesn't seem to have a timetable in it or the dates of induction, it says that they're on the liverpool life page but when ive logged on and clicked the link to the timetable it says 'no timetable available' :s-smilie:

Aww thank you, that's so sweet of you to say :biggrin: Don't be silly you're definitely clever if you're doing a science degree. Well when I logged in, I clicked on the welcome week tab and all that's available is the weekly grid and the weekly list so from what I gather, our timetable will be included later on (?) I'll have another read of the welcome pack to see if there's anything I've missed :smile:
Aww thank you, that's so sweet of you to say :biggrin: Don't be silly you're definitely clever if you're doing a science degree. Well when I logged in, I clicked on the welcome week tab and all that's available is the weekly grid and the weekly list so from what I gather, our timetable will be included later on (?) I'll have another read of the welcome pack to see if there's anything I've missed :smile:

Hey im studying zoology at liverpool this year aswell:smile: i got my welcome pack today and it says in it that your timetable and stuff is available on the liverpool life student portal in early september:smile: x
Original post by Lottieb930
Hey im studying zoology at liverpool this year aswell:smile: i got my welcome pack today and it says in it that your timetable and stuff is available on the liverpool life student portal in early september:smile: x

Hey, nice to meet you :smile: That's great! Thanks for letting me know - I must have skimmed over that. Are you staying in halls?
You're welcome:smile: and yes I'm staying in crown place,you? X
You're welcome:smile: and yes I'm staying in crown place,you? X

I'm staying in Vine Court :smile: I'm really looking forward to starting :biggrin:
I'm staying in Vine Court :smile: I'm really looking forward to starting :biggrin:

That was my second choice haha and so am I,not long though just over a month!
That was my second choice haha and so am I,not long though just over a month!

I can't believe that's all the time that's left! It's all very exciting :biggrin:
Reply 13
Hey guys! I have just finished my zoology degree at the univeristy of liverpool! Still there for an MBIOLSCI year though. Just letting you guys know about Liverpool Animal Conservation Society (LACSoc) which is a society started by zoologists for zoologists! Sorry to shamelessly plug this, have a look at our facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/lacsoc x
Original post by zooloo14
Hey guys! I have just finished my zoology degree at the univeristy of liverpool! Still there for an MBIOLSCI year though. Just letting you guys know about Liverpool Animal Conservation Society (LACSoc) which is a society started by zoologists for zoologists! Sorry to shamelessly plug this, have a look at our facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/lacsoc x

I've already signed up to, and paid for the membership, of this society is that ok? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Thats great!! You should be on our mailing list :smile: we are in the process of organising loads of events now so you probably wont hear anything from us until after freshers fair, and I will be speaking to you new zoologists during your induction week :smile:
Sounds exciting! :biggrin: thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zooloo14

That sounds really interesting, I'll be sure to check this out during freshers fair :smile: Congrats on completing your degree!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending