The Student Room Group

Can anyone explain to me the main causes of mood swings in girls?

I don't know if it's just me, but my GF seems to be off lately.

I've talked about her before on here, but the last issue was caused by idiocy from both of our parts.

So now, after 3 weeks from the last time we saw each other, she'll at one moment be happy, telling me how much she loves, misses and cares about me, but the next - towards the end of the conversation - it seems she's a little off. And by off I mean she isn't as happy.

From what I remember, I haven't said anything bad. We were discussing my Uni and how I'm organising a house to rent to live in ... talking about my housemates and all ... but I dunno.

We saw each other for 5 days 3 weeks ago .. and it's pretty from then that she's having these mood swings.

FYI she is really stressed out about this assignment she has to do for University.

Thanks guys.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sounds like she is on the rag mate. Just give her compliments and ice cream and you may survive.
Original post by BenAssirati
Sounds like she is on the rag mate. Just give her compliments and ice cream and you may survive.

She's on the pill.
Hormones.
Stress, hormones and the menstrual system may all be contributing factors.
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Hormones.

Well she's on the pill like I replied before ... but she is also mighty stressed with this assignment she has to give to University ... something she hasn't even started work on.
Periods maybe
Original post by tengentoppa
Stress, hormones and the menstrual system may all be contributing factors.

Do you think the stress of the fact that she needs to give an assignment into Uni is the root of it? She hasn't even started on it ... well at least that's what she tells me?
Original post by chocolatesauce
Periods maybe

She's on her pill, so it can't be them, can it?

She's under a lot of stress from University though.
can confirm it's oxygen. oxygen gives girls mood swings.
She is a woman, simple. Try giving her ice cream, it can suppress the female inside her
MEN
Original post by Made in Tyrone
She's on her pill, so it can't be them, can it?

She's under a lot of stress from University though.

It could be the stress from university then, why don't you talk to her about it?
Original post by chocolatesauce
It could be the stress from university then, why don't you talk to her about it?

Well we have talked about it ... that she feels like she just wants to give up on that particular assignment. I told her that if it's stressing her out this much, maybe it's best if she does, but whatever she chooses to do I'd be there for her.

I also asked her today whether she was OK, whether she had anything she wanted to share ... and she said "no, I'm fine" ... that's how I knew she was off.
Original post by MAESTRO265
She is a woman, simple. Try giving her ice cream, it can suppress the female inside her

Can't we can't meet up since I'm on holiday in France right now. She's back home in London.
Well she's on the pill like I replied before ... but she is also mighty stressed with this assignment she has to give to University ... something she hasn't even started work on.

The pill IS hormones. Often it can cause mood swings. If not then yeah it's probably stress, she's only human! I'm sure you have your off days.
First thing, make sure she knows that you have mutual feelings for each other. Some girls just need reminding :wink:
Secondly, I would say it's stress. I tend to be distant from everyone if I'm stressed. But be sure to ask her if everything is OK, in case there's anything else on your mind.

Hope this helps!
I would have thought periods :dontknow:
Well we have talked about it ... that she feels like she just wants to give up on that particular assignment. I told her that if it's stressing her out this much, maybe it's best if she does, but whatever she chooses to do I'd be there for her.

I also asked her today whether she was OK, whether she had anything she wanted to share ... and she said "no, I'm fine" ... that's how I knew she was off.

It seems like it's the stress from university but don't tell her to give up on it. Ask her to get help or maybe you can help her. I think she is looking for encouragement.
Mood swings in girls are usually a hormone thing so she can't control them. They'll get worse around different times in her menstruation cycle but how bad and how it manifests will vary. You mentioned she's on the pill though which could definitely be contributing to it because it ****s with your hormones and a lot of girls end up with screwed up moods because of it. Stress is probably adding a lot to it though and the seeming 'off' at the end of conversations is probably her thinking too much about her assignment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending