The Student Room Group

Brighton - Pharmacy 2014 :)

Hey was just wondering who is going to Brighton university to study pharmacy September 2014. xx

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sonal_var
Hey was just wondering who is going to Brighton university to study pharmacy September 2014. xx

Hey,

Congrats on getting into Brighton! I'm going into my 2nd year of MPharm at Brighton, so feel free to ask me any questions about the course or accommodation or Brighton in general! :smile:
Original post by thegodofgod
Hey,

Congrats on getting into Brighton! I'm going into my 2nd year of MPharm at Brighton, so feel free to ask me any questions about the course or accommodation or Brighton in general! :smile:

Whats the first week like in terms of lectures and enrolment ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ADAOBI123
Whats the first week like in terms of lectures and enrolment ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

The first week is very nice - a few introductory lectures to the course/ first year modules; responsibilities of being a pharmacy student / pharmacist; getting placed into your personal tutor groups and meeting your personal tutor; getting microbiology and chemistry lab safety inductions; library skills induction; collecting lab coat / safety goggles. All induction-type stuff.

Hope this helps!
Hi,

The first week is very nice - a few introductory lectures to the course/ first year modules; responsibilities of being a pharmacy student / pharmacist; getting placed into your personal tutor groups and meeting your personal tutor; getting microbiology and chemistry lab safety inductions; library skills induction; collecting lab coat / safety goggles. All induction-type stuff.

Hope this helps!

Okay thank you.

I know there are exams in January, how were they ? I hope not too bad ? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
I'll be starting my fourth year at Brighton next month. We're doing the old syllabus format, but if you have questions about the uni in general, placements, etc, feel free to ask.
Okay thank you.

I know there are exams in January, how were they ? I hope not too bad ? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You only have one exam in January; there are 60 multiple-choice questions covering lecture content from September - December (i.e. from the first three cases: Induction; Conjunctivitis; and Lung Cancer).

It's usually used as a wake-up call for most people to put in more effort - the class average in our year was 44%, with the lowest being 2% and the highest 79%.
You only have one exam in January; there are 60 multiple-choice questions covering lecture content from September - December (i.e. from the first three cases: Induction; Conjunctivitis; and Lung Cancer).

It's usually used as a wake-up call for most people to put in more effort - the class average in our year was 44%, with the lowest being 2% and the highest 79%.

Omg 2% ? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, but if you know your stuff, there's no reason why you shouldn't be getting 60+ :smile:
Yes, but if you know your stuff, there's no reason why you shouldn't be getting 60+ :smile:

Okay thanks for the heads up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going to Brighton this september as well :smile:
Original post by kt29511917974
I'm going to Brighton this september as well :smile:

Cool. Have you applied for halls ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cool. Have you applied for halls ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I did it very early but haven't got any reply yet :tongue:
Yes, I did it very early but haven't got any reply yet :tongue:

Same here, I don't think anyone has heard back yet ! Apparently theres something wrong with the system.

So where are you coming from ? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same here, I don't think anyone has heard back yet ! Apparently theres something wrong with the system.

So where are you coming from ? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm Chinese actually but I've been living in Newcastle for three years :smile:

What about you?
I'm Chinese actually but I've been living in Newcastle for three years :smile:

What about you?

Okay that's interesting. I've lived in London all my life but I'm nigerian :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay that's interesting. I've lived in London all my life but I'm nigerian :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright. Nice to meet you :smile::smile::smile: Would you mind tell me your name so I could recognise you in the school :smile: My name is Meng BTW.
Alright. Nice to meet you :smile::smile::smile: Would you mind tell me your name so I could recognise you in the school :smile: My name is Meng BTW.

My name is Adaobi (pronounced adobe literally lol) :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My name is Adaobi (pronounced adobe literally lol) :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Adaobi

I'll see you in September then :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending